• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Pessimistic Fan Thread

ATLnightwing

Jesus dude it's just a game. Go read a book kiss a girl(or boy) smell a rose. It'll all work out eventually the laws or probability say so. One day this town will get tired of winning titles, I'm sure Boston did

Jesus dude it's just a game. Go read a book kiss a girl(or boy) smell a rose. It'll all work out eventually the laws or probability say so. One day this town will get tired of winning titles, I'm sure Boston did

I don't know about you but I don't want to spend my prime years watching an 8th seed mediocre hawks team with monta Ellis being the leader.

I think I wanted us to tank deep down so I'm not all that upset. As Dolfan said, this offseason all hinged on CP3/Howard. Gotta hope one of the rookies pans out and becomes a must-see.

The problem is Millsap/Horford is better than Smith/Horford. I don't buy that tanking enough to get in the lottery.

I was for Bynum and stacking up top players; Not sure what Ferry is gonna do now; Maybe he is working a miracle trade.

Or maybe he is upping Millsap and Horford value for picks/young talent.

Danny Ferry's "vision" is a blur! This dude has done nothing for this offseason....it would not surprise me if the Spirit Group ends up actually selling the team and them moving in the next couple of years.

This is my thought on Danny Ferry this offseason...Posted Image

Edited by smoove31210

I didn't say that I'm not upset but I didn't have big expectations for this offseason. I knew it all depended on CP3/D12 and if we didn't get those guys that there wasn't much out there. The fact that the best Bynum could get is 6m guaranteed screams that he's not healthy and is probably done so nothing to get upset about there. I'm excited that Ferry has kept our cap flexibility going forward and I'm honestly thrilled that we didn't max out Josh Smith. Plus we still have plenty of availability to make moves and there are still quality players out there so we should see a solid competitive team next year. Make another smart draft choice next year, hope that Bebe and Menace develop and take our cap space into 2015. At this point the only thing that would upset me would be Monta Ellis ending up on the Hawks.

I agree with all of this. Especially, where we stand now, having anything to do with Ellis.I think if you thought we were going to be a contender after this offseason, I could see you being upset. But it never seemed realistic to me from Day 1. (CP3/Dwight pipe dream aside.) I'm still optimistic.

I think we're a worse team than we were this past year so tanking is still in play IMHO. I still think Horford's gonna ask to be traded actually. I wouldn't blame him either.

You don't even know who will on the team yet. lol

My bad, I am in the pessimistic thread.

Edited by swolehawk2

• Premium Member

Look on the bright side...

AT LEAST WE"LL BE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!!

Posted Image

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! Posted Image

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My bad. Let's trade Lou for Paul George and a future 2nd. Does that work in the trade checker?

In all seriousness, you're right. I just haven't seen anything on the horizon that gives the appearance of a game-changing move. In fact, every move we know was attempted has failed so far.

I think you should make an optimistic thread because I'd like to hear what y'all are looking forward to. For me it's the prospect of a high draft pick.

Dude, you hope for a draft pick. I mean...that's the best hope we have. Honestly though, this team is making the playoffs unless Ferry realizes he HAS TO tank it and lets it go (which I wish he would...)

I don't know about you but I don't want to spend my prime years watching an 8th seed mediocre hawks team with monta Ellis being the leader.

Prime watching years? I feel for Gray Mule then as I'm sure he's not in prime watching years. :kickcan:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess the good thing at least. We finally got a legit headcoach. I will say that wasn't a failure. Let hope he can work miracles.

Posted Image

Hey...you get that damn optimistic shit out of here! You either put your Negative Nancy Panties on....or you take them damn rainbows and sun-shines elsewhere.

• Like 1

If you were told going in to this off season that after missing out on Howard and Paul we did not over pay for mediocre talent. Instead we signed guys to bargain short term contracts and preserved our cap. You wouldn't be happy with that? My main concern is that we give a big deal to Jennings or Ellis going forward. I'm OK with everything that has been done so far. Not thrilled, but better than over paying a schmuck.

• Like 1

Lol. The usual suspects thread. You guys are crazy. Why don't you wait to see how Bynum turns out this season. And it y'all's own fault for believing the D12 CP3 dream. Add that Pek was restricted and the Rockets didn't want Josh. Now tell me what we could have done better. We aren't tied down with ANY contracts.