• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOL @ Pistons

Bahamut

I like Al, but Al does not have superstar potential. In fact Josh has more talent hands down. If Josh decides to he is a superstar. But deciding to is play towards the rim and not the jumper. Al is very good but will not be a superstar.

Edited by Swatguy

I posted this in another thread but I'll say it here again for those of you that are hard of thinking.

Detroit posted a 17 million dollar cap hit last year for Richard Hamilton (not with the team) and Corey Maggette (5 ppg) and replace them with Josh Smith and Kentavius Caldwell-Pope for 16 million. They basically added these 2 players for a negative 1 million dollars.

Detroit was 29-53 last year but lost a ton of games by less than 7 points in the last few minutes. Their point differential was only - 3.9 average.

Atlanta on the other hand lost Smith, Pachulia, Harris and replaced them Demarre Carroll, Paul Milsap and rookies who will be stashed overseas. We'll be the ones winning 29 games this year.

Our average point differential last year was a positive .5. A half a point a game. We are in trouble people and have no business making fun of Detroit.

If Teague returns or we get Jennings, and Lou is healthy, the Detroit Pistons, will not be better than the Atlanta Hawks.

Edited by swolehawk2

I love Drummond more than anybody, but how can y'all say they're in a better position than us? They have fu@kin Josh Smith on their team:http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1695770-detroit-pistons-sign-josh-smith-make-worst-move-of-2013-nba-free-agency

Drummond is just that at this point, potential. When he avgs 17 10 and 3 on a playoff team, wake me up. We have had a bunch of potential in ATL.

I love Drummond more than anybody, but how can y'all say they're in a better position than us? They have fu@kin Josh Smith on their team:http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1695770-detroit-pistons-sign-josh-smith-make-worst-move-of-2013-nba-free-agency

The difference between Josh and Milsap is 5-6 million a year. The difference between a good player and a very good player. Josh led the Hawks last year. Without him we would have ping-pong balls in the draft.

The difference between Josh and Milsap is 5-6 million a year. The difference between a good player and a very good player. Josh led the Hawks last year. Without him we would have ping-pong balls in the draft.

I know one thing that will come out of this offseason, we will see how Josh affected this team as we compare to Millsap. Will there be a difference because we will not have the empty trips form Josh's 22 1/2 footers, passes in the front row or his lack of a box out. Or will we miss his energy and defensive presence, I think we are set up to get a true grasp on how bad/good Josh was here.

Edited by swolehawk2
  • Like 1

Josh takin shots at the Hawks about never winning. Hey dummie you had something to do with that the past 9 years. What a moron

I agree it wasnt no coincidence that the season we won 50+ games was the same season he stopped jacking up 3's.

• Like 1

Josh is right; we had nobody to even send to recruit Dwight Howard. Josh has won the same thing Nique has. Even the beloved Mutombo went to bat for another franchise . . .

And 'Nique wasn't there. He must not be a part of this "Culture Change".

This team is now the "guarantee playoff year team". The question is who is not in better position than we are. We have flexibility but who doesn't these days. There are no more 5 year deals and players are rarely getting 4 year deals.

People can look at the starters but the bench is atrocious. Ivan, Josh, Devin, Teague? were a huge part of the playoff run especially these past two years. They'll be missed when this team is in no man's land deciding if they want to tank the rest of the games or "go for it" in late March, early April.

• Premium Member

I think we all know the hawks have amazing fans go look at zazas twitter. You can tell that guy genuinely appreciated us.

Not a lot of us but we are good fans. You don't just randomly become and stay a Hawks fan lol. Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

This team is now the "guarantee playoff year team". The question is who is not in better position than we are. We have flexibility but who doesn't these days. There are no more 5 year deals and players are rarely getting 4 year

This is an excellent point. Going forward there should be more teams with cap flexibility.

I posted this in another thread but I'll say it here again for those of you that are hard of thinking.

Detroit posted a 17 million dollar cap hit last year for Richard Hamilton (not with the team) and Corey Maggette (5 ppg) and replace them with Josh Smith and Kentavius Caldwell-Pope for 16 million. They basically added these 2 players for a negative 1 million dollars.

Detroit was 29-53 last year but lost a ton of games by less than 7 points in the last few minutes. Their point differential was only - 3.9 average.

Atlanta on the other hand lost Smith, Pachulia, Harris and replaced them Demarre Carroll, Paul Milsap and rookies who will be stashed overseas. We'll be the ones winning 29 games this year.

Our average point differential last year was a positive .5. A half a point a game. We are in trouble people and have no business making fun of Detroit.

Camp, given Detroit's point differential last year they performed exactly as expected. So no bad luck involved.

And don't forget they lost Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye, and Jose Calderon.

LOL @ him dissing the Hawks. Yes, he was a apart of MANY wins here, but he also lost us A LOT of games due to his stupidity. I mean forever it's even worth anymore, the man made ZERO all-star teams in his whole career. While he is a fantasy league's dream player, he has no killer instinct and disappears in the playoffs. Funny how when he was asked "How many teams were you considering?" he is said really only Detroit because nobody else believed he was worth that much. I loved Josh at times and respected his time here, so this is not me being sour, I'm just saying don't diss the franchise who gave you every opportunity to succeed and you just keep killing the team with your horrible shooting selection and lack of effort at times. All in all I wish Josh the best, but I certainly am glad he is GONE. Detroit went through the rebuilding process and it's taken them almost 10 years to finally get it going into the right direction. I Guarantee Danny, Bud, and company will have us more than relevant in less than half the time.

Edited by IllestPamfilis
  • Like 2

I think Josh was largely a disappointment last season. The second half of the 11-12 season he played pretty good ball and all of that, but I think at times he mailed it in last season. I think a lot of it was due to the fact that Josh needed a change, but he could have played better. He needs to realize his best bet is being a Lamar Odom type of 3rd option... Which he pretty much did the year the team won 54 games. He played smart, and it benefited the team in the W/L column and he had his most effective season. If he plays like did that year for Detroit he will help them win games and make the playoffs this year.

• Like 1

I think many Atlanta fans forget that Josh quarterbacked the Defense and many times positioned people on offense as well. Josh was responsible when on the floor for barking out assignments, calling switches and help. You don't replace that easily.

More importantly, energy plays go a long, long way in the NBA toward turning games. Who do we have now that will do that? Who will take the game over for 2 minutes and restore order? Al is not that kind of player.

With Zaza gone, who will be our bully? Without Devin and possible Teague, who will run the point? I am ever Mr. Positive but I just can't be right now guys. This offseason has been a disaster. When the biggest news heading into summer league is that Sergei Gladyr may play, you have issues.