• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOL @ Pistons

Bahamut

I think many Atlanta fans forget that Josh quarterbacked the Defense and many times positioned people on offense as well. Josh was responsible when on the floor for barking out assignments, calling switches and help. You don't replace that easily.

More importantly, energy plays go a long, long way in the NBA toward turning games. Who do we have now that will do that? Who will take the game over for 2 minutes and restore order? Al is not that kind of player.

With Zaza gone, who will be our bully? Without Devin and possible Teague, who will run the point? I am ever Mr. Positive but I just can't be right now guys. This offseason has been a disaster. When the biggest news heading into summer league is that Sergei Gladyr may play, you have issues.

One big thing is chemistry. There is a very good chance that Al and Kyle are going to be the only guys that were really here last season. I know Jenkins and Scott were, but they barely played. The roster turnover is HUGE.

I suspect Millsap and Carroll will provide the energy.

I know people will not agree with me, but the team is missing a scorer at the SG/SF spot. I don't think Lou, Jenkins and Korver is enough offense at those spots.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

One big thing is chemistry. There is a very good chance that Al and Kyle are going to be the only guys that were really here last season. I know Jenkins and Scott were, but they barely played. The roster turnover is HUGE.

I suspect Millsap and Carroll will provide the energy.

I know people will not agree with me, but the team is missing a scorer at the SG/SF spot. I don't think Lou, Jenkins and Korver is enough offense at those spots.

No I agree and to top that, we are small, lack a defensive presence and currently have no one who can be relied on to go one on one in the paint or take people off the dribble. I am literally sick at the possibility I'll be watching 70-80 games of SF's blowing by Korver, PF's shooting over Milsap and Al not having Josh to cover weak side when he goes against big centers or worse yet, watching teams collapse on Al in the paint and leaving him to try and kick it out only to watch the shot clock run out.

I am so hoping I'm wrong but listening to the Smith in Detroit interview took me from agitated to crossing over to the dark side. Dumars spoke about the Josh guarding Kobe game and stating he hadn't even done his due diligence and discovered Josh had been guarding 2's. Well there's a reason Josh was guarding 1's, 2's and 5's when needed, because we had real defensive liabilities which just seemed to now be getting worse.

Demarre Carroll couldn't beat out Marvin for minutes. They play effectively the same position and Carroll got 16 minutes a game to Marvin's 24.

Checking 82games.com Millsap shot 67.7% from "inside" but only shot 35% of his shots there. 65% of his shots were jumpers where he shot eFG% 39.9%. Only 29% qualified as close where he shot 65.2%. 5% were dunk attempts and 2% were tips.

Millsap shot 9% more jump shots on his attempts than Smith but only shot .01% better on them. (Josh 56% attempted, 38.9% eFG%) . We beat the tar out of Josh for taking too many jumpers but Millsap is equally efficient in his percentages but shoots outside more often.

I may take up drinking before entering chat.

No I agree and to top that, we are small, lack a defensive presence and currently have no one who can be relied on to go one on one in the paint or take people off the dribble. I am literally sick at the possibility I'll be watching 70-80 games of SF's blowing by Korver, PF's shooting over Milsap and Al not having Josh to cover weak side when he goes against big centers or worse yet, watching teams collapse on Al in the paint and leaving him to try and kick it out only to watch the shot clock run out.

I am so hoping I'm wrong but listening to the Smith in Detroit interview took me from agitated to crossing over to the dark side. Dumars spoke about the Josh guarding Kobe game and stating he hadn't even done his due diligence and discovered Josh had been guarding 2's. Well there's a reason Josh was guarding 1's, 2's and 5's when needed, because we had real defensive liabilities which just seemed to now be getting worse.

Demarre Carroll couldn't beat out Marvin for minutes. They play effectively the same position and Carroll got 16 minutes a game to Marvin's 24.

Checking 82games.com Millsap shot 67.7% from "inside" but only shot 35% of his shots there. 65% of his shots were jumpers where he shot eFG% 39.9%. Only 29% qualified as close where he shot 65.2%. 5% were dunk attempts and 2% were tips.

Millsap shot 9% more jump shots on his attempts than Smith but only shot .01% better on them. (Josh 56% attempted, 38.9% eFG%) . We beat the tar out of Josh for taking too many jumpers but Millsap is equally efficient in his percentages but shoots outside more often.

I may take up drinking before entering chat.

Marvin also has a fairly large contract. I don't Utah just wanted to completely bench him. Carroll was still the more productive player per 36 minutes.

The fact of the matter is that Millsap has been worth 7.5 wins basically his entire career. Every year. Josh at his best was worth over 9 wins... But the more he shoots 3's, the more likely he became to cost this team games.

It all comes down to the fact that Josh Smith is the more talented player, but also much more likely to play like a bonehead. If they play their best, Josh is the better player. If Josh plays like he did the year he stopped shooting 3's he is the better player.

LOL @ him dissing the Hawks. Yes, he was a apart of MANY wins here, but he also lost us A LOT of games due to his stupidity. I mean forever it's even worth anymore, the man made ZERO all-star teams in his whole career. While he is a fantasy league's dream player, he has no killer instinct and disappears in the playoffs. Funny how when he was asked "How many teams were you considering?" he is said really only Detroit because nobody else believed he was worth that much. I loved Josh at times and respected his time here, so this is not me being sour, I'm just saying don't diss the franchise who gave you every opportunity to succeed and you just keep killing the team with your horrible shooting selection and lack of effort at times. All in all I wish Josh the best, but I certainly am glad he is GONE. Detroit went through the rebuilding process and it's taken them almost 10 years to finally get it going into the right direction. I Guarantee Danny, Bud, and company will have us more than relevant in less than half the time.

That's just BS. Josh showed up for playoff games way more than Joe Johnson and everyone's favorite son Al Horford ever did.

Nearly a decade after resurrecting the franchise and leading it to an NBA championship, Chauncey Billups has reached agreement on a two-year contract to return to the Detroit Pistons, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The deal will be worth $5 million-plus for Billups, league sources said. Yahoo! Sports

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#pQCY6Lu9vj7M8RWM.99

This may actually be a good thing for Josh.

They may be the dark horse in the east. 6th seed wouldn't surprise me.

They are going to need to find some scoring man. Their front line consist of three players with six left feet, no handles, and no jump shot.

They are going to need to find some scoring man. Their front line consist of three players with six left feet, no handles, and no jump shot.

Agreed. Even if KCP averages 15ppg as a rookie I think theyre starting lineup is only good for 60-70 points. Their bench better be pretty good....

• Premium Member

The Pistons will be where Boston was record wise last year. 7th seed in the East or so..Nobody is excited about their team. With Rasheed possibly coaching you are gonna see Josh be, well, Rasheed lol.

Agreed. Even if KCP averages 15ppg as a rookie I think theyre starting lineup is only good for 60-70 points. Their bench better be pretty good....

And their defense.

Anyone want to wager with me?

If the Pistons finish above the Hawks this season, I'll donate $40 to the Squawk and you donate $10.

If the Hawks finish above the Pistons, $10 for me and $40 for you.

(I like it structured this way because everyone should contribute here.)

Tiebreaker = head to head record. 2nd tiebreaker = point margin.

Any takers?

Anyone want to wager with me?

If the Pistons finish above the Hawks this season, I'll donate $40 to the Squawk and you donate $10.

If the Hawks finish above the Pistons, $10 for me and $40 for you.

(I like it structured this way because everyone should contribute here.)

Tiebreaker = head to head record. 2nd tiebreaker = point margin.

Any takers?

I doubt the naysayers have the fortitude to take that bet Dr. The Squawk sometimes goes into a mode that reminds me of very old song....instead of gimme, gimme, gimme ... just insert bitch, bitch, bitch that's all I ever hear!