• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has signed a 4 year / $32 million offer sheet with Milwaukee

Admin

does this cancel out a possible sign and trade? for Jennings or Ellis

This basically means the Hawks decided against SnT for Jennings OR Ellis. Therefore the Bucks, strongly desiring Teague, had no other options, short of trying to recruit a third team for a trade.

I think Hawks must match....this isn't too much for Teague is it? Or is it? You would hate to make a money mistake this early in the rebuild, so I'm sure Ferry will look over his options. If he is not in love with Teague and can get 85% of Teague's production for 40% of the money (Mo Williams, or someone), maybe he just decides to pass on Teague and keep the money clean.

Fellas, it's a REBUILDING PROCESS. We are going to suck for a year or two. Patience is a virtue. Danny and company don't want a "mediocre" team. This is what it takes. You BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP. Be patient guys, god damn.

Edited by IllestPamfilis
  • Like 3

Oh and Ferry now has a few days to turn the heat up on Monta Ellis or Jennings if he really has any interest at all in those guys. He knows exactly what Teague is going to get paid now so he can tell Monta or Jennings to they have 2 days to take it or leave it and match Teague if they dont.

If losing is the goal, by all means we should sign both Monta and Jennings. Additionally, Horford and Millsap should never play more than 15 minutes a game. Abysmal status would be unavoidable.

Oh and Ferry now has a few days to turn the heat up on Monta Ellis or Jennings if he really has any interest at all in those guys. He knows exactly what Teague is going to get paid now so he can tell Monta or Jennings to they have 2 days to take it or leave it and match Teague if they dont.

NJ, it's pretty clear at this point that DF isn't going to match. At any point.

Monta, at 27, is already a train wreck waiting to happen.

So, do you think a 23-yr old Jennings is worth the investment (ie, can he learn to be more efficient) ...

Or do you waive the white flag, give DS a ton of minutes (assuming he comes over, which isn't a given yet), & fully recognize that we're not going to have strong PG play this season?

This basically means the Hawks decided against SnT for Jennings OR Ellis. Therefore the Bucks, strongly desiring Teague, had no other options, short of trying to recruit a third team for a trade.

I think Hawks must match....this isn't too much for Teague is it? Or is it? You would hate to make a money mistake this early in the rebuild, so I'm sure Ferry will look over his options. If he is not in love with Teague and can get 85% of Teague's production for 40% of the money (Mo Williams, or someone), maybe he just decides to pass on Teague and keep the money clean.

Or maybe the Hawks don't want Teague and Jennings or Ellis is asking for too much money. If Jennings dropped his price to 8 to 9 million, he probably would be a Hawk.

Diesel continues to underrate Al, an all-nba player and top 30 player in the league who he calls just "good"

Al is easily was a top 15-20 player by ESPN and what not. Diesel never has been a Horford fan while I am a major Horford fan. I see his skill-set.

A decade or two is more like it. By the time we get enough draft picks to be worth a #%$@ Al will have already moved on so he'll have a chance to win before his career is over. Charlotte, Toronto, Sacramento, Phoenix have tanked for years, and they still stink.

Brother you mad? You seem to always have a stick up your ass. Give it time man. EVERYTHING IS NEW HERE. Have Trust in Danny and Bud. You'll be feeling sour in a couple years. Charlotte, Toronto, Sac, and Phoenix have HORRIBLE front offices and always have. Chill out homie. We weren't going to the promise land with Teague, Smith, and Zaza...as much as I love all three of them.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Teague has already indicated he doesn't want to be here. They will not match him.

I dont want to go to work today either but I have bills to pay. Whats Teague going to do when the Hawks match teach 4th grade?

Teague has already indicated he doesn't want to be here. They will not match him.

I dont want to go to work today either but I have bills to pay. Whats Teague going to do when the Hawks match teach 4th grade?

lol @ Teague with the "they like me they really like me" line to the AJC. He does realize who is coaching Milwaulkee doesn't he? The same guy who has consistently given a veteran minutes over him for lack of effort etc. This oughtta be fun to watch.

• Like 1

Fellas, it's a REBUILDING PROCESS. We are going to suck for a year or two. Patience is a virtue. Danny and company don't want a "mediocre" team. This is what it takes. You BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP. Be patient guys, god damn.

Yo Illest

I think a lot of posters (not all) would be okay with this plan were it to come to fruition.

I think that the confusion comes into play when we hear the Hawks mentioned as players for the Monta's and Bynum's of the world, guys who can help you win some games, but don't feel like part of a contending roster because of injury, drive, shot selection, or what have you.

Monta could be great as a scoring punch off of the bench on a strong roster (a la JC).

But I know that when I see his name linked to the Hawks, ie the Hawks would be building around him, it makes me wonder what the blueprint is.

If the Hawks want to build for the future, then play the rookies and sophomores & let them get their lumps in.

lol @ Teague with the "they like me they really like me" line to the AJC. He does realize who is coaching Milwaulkee doesn't he? The same guy who has consistently given a veteran minutes over him for lack of effort etc. This oughtta be fun to watch.

The difference is Milwaukee wants to build with him. Atlanta wanted to build with Al and last year it was Josh and Al's team.

Monta wants 11+ and he will likely get it via SnT. There are three teams seriously interested in him and Charlotte is trying to do a SnT for him right now. Jennings issue is more crazy. No one other than the Hawks are interested or have a need. He will clearly have to lower his demands because his market is dry and will continue to be dry.

Brother you mad? You seem to always have a stick up your ass. Give it time man. EVERYTHING IS NEW HERE. Have Trust in Danny and Bud. You'll be feeling sour in a couple years. Charlotte, Toronto, Sac, and Phoenix have HORRIBLE front offices and always have. Chill out homie. We weren't going to the promise land with Teague, Smith, and Zaza...as much as I love all three of them.

I'm just now getting over the Billy Knight fiasco of a "rebuild", and now we go through it one more time. Extremely disappointing.

People that think Ferry won't match because Teague said he wants to leave should remember Eric Gordon last year. Ferry will do what's beat for the team.But I could see Ferry not wanting to commit the 4 years if he doesn't believe in him, even if I do. Jennings on a 1 so he can try again next year, even if paid more, might be worth it to keep it a short contract. I prefer Teague, but realize that its close.

I'm just now getting over the Billy Knight fiasco of a "rebuild", and now we go through it one more time. Extremely disappointing.

Yeah but it is what it is man. The Al, Smith, and Joe Johnson experiment didn't work. So what else do we do? Rebuild with a much better staff to do so. No more Billy Knight/ Sund and Woodson/Drew. We have REAL basketball minds now.

Yeah but it is what it is man. The Al, Smith, and Joe Johnson experiment didn't work. So what else do we do? Rebuild with a much better staff to do so. No more Billy Knight/ Sund and Woodson/Drew. We have REAL basketball minds now.

Hope you're right. However, I question REAL basketball minds that think having an undersized center and undersized PF is the path to success. I like Horford, and I like Millsap, but we are way too small as a team. Ferry seems to have a sub 6'3" guard fettish in the same way that BK had an all 6'8" tweener fettish.