• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everybody keeps saying that it's too much for Teague?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Are you kidding me.

Teague would start out with about 7.5 Million this year. How is that too much for Teague? Especially when we're considering guys who are worse than him who want 12 Million? Teague is a rising PG who is already pushing down 7.2 apg... while playing with the black brick... Josh.

• Like 1

It's not (too much for Teague).

Not even remotely.

Posters just see the writing on the wall (Ferry isn't "sold" on him rumors, Zaza being forced to walk, Monta/Jennings talk in the media, nothing much else to get excited about other than Millsap) ...

and are looking for an excuse so that they can say, "See, Ferry is still doing a great job. He refused to overpay."

Personally, I tend to value Teague quite a bit less than many of the posters on this board (at least as far as previous posts go). I just don't think he's ever gonna be THAT good. Pretty good? Yes. Great? Certainly not.

And all that said, even I think that the Bucks offer is incredibly reasonable.

Who signs a 2yr deal at age 25?

Scrubs.

At 25, any player worth gets all he can for four years, and then (if he improves) gets ready for his biggest contract at 29.

Millsap only signed for two years because he can put himself in position to get one more plus contract at 30.

Besides, if he puts up strong numbers on a pretty mediocre team (which is what the Hawks are increasingly looking like), that only helps that next contract, right?

Of course Teague will get a four-year deal. He's twenty-frickin-five!

• Premium Member

I doubt Ferry will go out for four years on Teague. It's not the annual cost but the length of the contract.Hawk88

Players can be traded... Especially young ones. That's a crock.

• Like 1

Jennings can be had for cheap now because we are pretty much the only team left that has cap room and a need for a PG. I would rather sign Jennings to a cheap two year deal and give Schröder time to develop than invest 32 million in Teague. Teague is a good player, and he was one of my favorites for his first two years on the Hawks, but his lack of effort and passion has gotten old. On some nights, its like his body is on the court but his mind is elsewhere and this is unacceptable. His lack of effort on defending the pick and roll is bad as well. With Jennings, he may lose us some games by chucking when he is cold but atleast he will be aggressive on a nightly basis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we're going to turn the keys over to Dennis next year (after a year of learning the league) four years is too long. Unless after two years you can find someone to take Teague off our hands.

I doubt that would be a problem at any point in the four years.

Edited by sturt

I like Teague, but I can see how Ferry would shy away from 4 years. He isn't a candidate to help Dennis' growth at all, a player the franchise is clearly very high on. I think Ferry and Bud have a more negative opinion about Teague's demeanor and attitude than even the most critical fan on this board. That's why Joe was disposed of so quickly and unceremoniously. He wants guys who are passionate about communicating the game whether on the floor, on the sideline, in practice, away from the facility. That ain't Jeff.

Edited by benhillboy

The plan is obvious: DF/Bud are very high on Dennis. They think he's the real deal and the future (sooner than later). Teague has no fire, dog, leadership in him so they let him walk. Bring in Jennings on a short/affordable deal, or a seasoned vet, and play Dennis decent minutes right out of the chute. Dennis takes over in year 2 or 3. It's smart, and simple, especially considering the way Dennis balled against other top U.S. talents in the exhibition game. Held his own or outperformed 2014 top lottery prospects. They consider Dennis a stolen lottery pick and are putting their eggs in that basket.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well this Dennis whatever his name is better be pretty dang good and soon. I think we should resign Teague, he is a good pg that will only get better, he is quick, plays good D, can shoot the ball, and blow past folks into the lane.

DF has failed IMO.

• Like 1

Jennings can be had for cheap now because we are pretty much the only team left that has cap room and a need for a PG. I would rather sign Jennings to a cheap two year deal and give Schröder time to develop than invest 32 million in Teague. Teague is a good player, and he was one of my favorites for his first two years on the Hawks, but his lack of effort and passion has gotten old. On some nights, its like his body is on the court but his mind is elsewhere and this is unacceptable. His lack of effort on defending the pick and roll is bad as well. With Jennings, he may lose us some games by chucking when he is cold but atleast he will be aggressive on a nightly basis.

Ding Ding Ding, you nailed it.

• Premium Member

It would be funny if we signed him for Cheap and Milwaukee matched.... because they can sign him over the cap and trade him!! Especially with a cheap contract.

• Premium Member

The plan is obvious: DF/Bud are very high on Dennis. They think he's the real deal and the future (sooner than later). Teague has no fire, dog, leadership in him so they let him walk. Bring in Jennings on a short/affordable deal, or a seasoned vet, and play Dennis decent minutes right out of the chute. Dennis takes over in year 2 or 3. It's smart, and simple, especially considering the way Dennis balled against other top U.S. talents in the exhibition game. Held his own or outperformed 2014 top lottery prospects. They consider Dennis a stolen lottery pick and are putting their eggs in that basket.

So if Dennis Fails...

How long do we give Ferry???

How long do we let Dennis fail before we call Ferry to the floor??

IF Dennis Fails and Teague becomes a better PG... Better because he don't have Black Holes around him... What is Ferry's fate? Do we still blindly trust him because he knows how to give people what they want? And all this analytics B.S.??

What's Ferry's timetable?

I think Teague is still on his way up, so I don't have any problems with the number. It does seem ironic that Drew could end up with Jeff again, when it was often thought that Drew wasn't a fan of Teague and held him back.

• Like 1

I think Teague is still on his way up, so I don't have any problems with the number. It does seem ironic that Drew could end up with Jeff again, when it was often thought that Drew wasn't a fan of Teague and held him back.

People say Teague is thin skinned cuz he is upset the Hawks didnt show him they wanted him. Im not sure you can say he is thin skinned if he is willing to play for Drew again.

• Like 1

People say Teague is thin skinned cuz he is upset the Hawks didnt show him they wanted him. Im not sure you can say he is thin skinned if he is willing to play for Drew again.

Maybe Drew just wants someone he can dominate by sending him to the bench after any error. He never game him a shot here, why would things be any different in Milwaukee? The thing I don't get is why Teague would be willing to play for Drew again. Weird.

So if Dennis Fails...

How long do we give Ferry???

How long do we let Dennis fail before we call Ferry to the floor??

IF Dennis Fails and Teague becomes a better PG... Better because he don't have Black Holes around him... What is Ferry's fate? Do we still blindly trust him because he knows how to give people what they want? And all this analytics B.S.??

What's Ferry's timetable?

LOL. Overexaggerate much? How in the hell is Ferry's entire Hawks career based on Schröder's development in to a star or not. He was an 18th pick of a weak draft. The key is to remain cap flexible so we have as many options as possible.

I really dont get it. Teague has shown improvement every single year and is only 25. Pg's develope over years. Teague has speed, he has a decent shot that is improving. He is timid at times but hez no duck williams, I mean he has heart. 4 years 32 mill ha its a no brainer, match.