• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At this point....

bigjmw84

• Premium Member

I have to agree. Ferry seems like the Bill Belichick of the NBA world. Without the rings.

Well, there was a time when Belichick was the coach of the Browns, and without rings... so assuming your analogy holds true, hopefully, we have more patience than the Browns.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I started a thread just before the draft stating that I wondered if DF's philosophy would mirror mine... which was, to work toward acquisition of a young Big 3. I would agree that he seems to be working both ends of this thing--signing Korver and Millsap on the one hand, and drafting long-term projects on the other. So, I too am confused by the philosophy. I know some here are proposing that the philosophy is to acquire trading chips for February, but signing Korver to a four-year deal contradicts that thought. I also contributed to a thread just yesterday stating that it's too early to make any judgments about DF... and 24 hours later, it still is. But certainly the urge to do so is understandable at this point.

It is difficult to assess without understanding what Ferri is trying to accomplish in the short term. Doesn't look like tanking or contending. Only the 'next Rockets' plan seems to fit but there are still plenty of moving parts on the roster. I think we need to wait and see.
  • Like 1

It is difficult to assess without understanding what Ferri is trying to accomplish in the short term. Doesn't look like tanking or contending. Only the 'next Rockets' plan seems to fit but there are still plenty of moving parts on the roster. I think we need to wait and see.

Yep, there is still a lot left to be done before we even have a small sense of what Ferry is trying to do.

• Premium Member

Dalembert assuming he hasn't agreed to sign with Dallas. Don't want any of the rest of them. Bring back Dahntay and DeShawn and other roster fodder to expedite the tanking process.

I don't want any of them, like you said. We need to tank. Let the young guys play and develop them during the season.

I don't want any of them, like you said. We need to tank. Let the young guys play and develop them during the season.

Let me clarify that I am not in favor of tanking, but it seems we are headed in that direction. Therefore, if you're going to tank, do so to excess. Next season I won't have to feel like I'm missing anything due to my tax season hours. There won't be anything to see. I just get creeped out by losing on purpose. (In boxing, they'd call it taking a dive.)

Problem here is this team has ZERO direction for this next season. It looks like it could be a tank, and it looks like another middle of the pack. If we go tank, I say go all in on it though. Don't sign anyone over the league minimum and use what pieces you do have as trade bait for the draft. Next season start over with all new players (I would love to keep Horford, but the dude is just angry at this team for not getting a C), use whatever picks you have to move up as much as you can in the draft.

That being said, if we are going to at least try for a season or 2 I am not sure there is anyone of value left. AK47 is gone, Nikola Pekovic is working on a 4 year 50 mil contract with the timberwolves as of yesterday. So we are stuck with an unhappy Horford at C. The PG pool is weak now as well. We either get a few chuckers and ballhogs, or we get some backup or old guy. Just not sure what is left that will actually help this team.

• Like 1

I'm with the majority here, I can't figure out what the heck Ferry is doing. My best guess is he and Bud are trying to build an organization with a reputation of doing things the "right" way. The team will play hard (but might not score more than 80 a game), it will rebound, and they'll annoying the living daylights out of you defensively. How they plan on taking the next step is beyond me. I think they are going to keep trying to acquire players and see what they can turn them into.

I agree with AHF that this sort of looks like the early Rockets rebuild when they just kept getting guys, but no one could figure out what they were doing.

It will be interesting to see who else Danny adds to the mix as this team is far from complete right now.

• Premium Member

Problem here is this team has ZERO direction for this next season. It looks like it could be a tank, and it looks like another middle of the pack. If we go tank, I say go all in on it though. Don't sign anyone over the league minimum and use what pieces you do have as trade bait for the draft. Next season start over with all new players (I would love to keep Horford, but the dude is just angry at this team for not getting a C), use whatever picks you have to move up as much as you can in the draft.

That being said, if we are going to at least try for a season or 2 I am not sure there is anyone of value left. AK47 is gone, Nikola Pekovic is working on a 4 year 50 mil contract with the timberwolves as of yesterday. So we are stuck with an unhappy Horford at C. The PG pool is weak now as well. We either get a few chuckers and ballhogs, or we get some backup or old guy. Just not sure what is left that will actually help this team.

That's actually been reported since last weekend... and it's getting a little curiouser and curiouser as time goes by without anything more certain that that. At first, I was thinking that it had something to do with their other trades, and that still might be the case, but again, it just seems a little odd that Pekovic's own camp hasn't come out and said "This is what we're going to do." To the contrary, when the report came out, I forget the exact wording, but his agent seemed to make a point to say that it wasn't a done deal.

Yea I see that too, my guess would be the agent is trying to squeeze a little more money out of MN if he can. They need him a lot more than he needs them. Why not try to get a few extra mil? I would.

• Premium Member

Tweeted a few hours ago... intrigue builds a little more.