• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When it comes down to Teague, the Hawks have to:

Diesel

• Premium Member

Teague's numbers have improved each year, but does he project to be a point guard worth the money offered? Marvin's numbers had been improving each year, but his game didn't project to be what people hoped for and he ended up being overpaid. I see the same thing happening with Teague. I wouldn't match.

Teague's numbers have improved each year, but does he project to be a point guard worth the money offered? Marvin's numbers had been improving each year, but his game didn't project to be what people hoped for and he ended up being overpaid. I see the same thing happening with Teague. I wouldn't match.

we rarely got a 20 point game out of Marvin. And Marvin rarely, if ever, came out and had a head to head matchup with a star SF where people can say he held his own and got just as much as he gave up. Jeff has held his own or outplayed pretty much every great PG in this league already in only one full 82 game season as a starter

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

we rarely got a 20 point game out of Marvin. And Marvin rarely, if ever, came out and had a head to head matchup with a star SF where people can say he held his own and got just as much as he gave up. Jeff has held his own or outplayed pretty much every great PG in this league already in only one full 82 game season as a starter

While also being outplayed himself by every scrub PG in league? FYI, in 61 games Marvin had 10, 20 point or more games during his contract year including one 30 point performance. Jeffrey had 19, 20 point or more games in 80 games, no 30 point performances.

Furthermore, I will present this YET again since Diesel enjoys player comparisons.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=willima02&y1=2009&p2=teaguje01&y2=2013

Yea, I'm really not seeing how he's distanced himself from Marvin comparisons.

Heck, let's even compare them over their first 4 seasons:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=willima02&y1=2009&p2=teaguje01&y2=2013

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

What I don't get is how people so quickly forget about Teague's penchant for being outplayed by guys the likes of Jeremy Pargo in addition to others. Or how he really didn't show up in the playoffs this year or last. I give him his due for being a good player, but not for roughly 8 million per.

Thats what confuses me. If you want to let Teague walk for free so Shredder can develope than I guess its the same deal with Al. May as well dump Al so Bebe can develope because while Al is an all star because the c pos in the east blows he isnt really a superstar or a difference maker at the position. Dennis and Lucas are 19 and 20 so if Teague is old so is Al. Why have guys like Al, Sap and Korver stay around for a you tube star rebuild if your letting Teague walk? I mean so what if Dennis can go east west but not north south, so what if Lucas makes Keith Benson look like Shaq. Hey next year there are some canadian high school kids that Jay Bilas said are the next Lebron so get rid of Lou Will because his spot will be taken.Lou Will is too old and so is Jenkins.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

What I don't get is how people so quickly forget about Teague's penchant for being outplayed by guys the likes of Jeremy Pargo in addition to others. Or how he really didn't show up in the playoffs this year or last. I give him his due for being a good player, but not for roughly 8 million per.

JC we just gave Korver 6. I mean if he gets 6 from Ferry htf can u not give Teague 8?

• Like 1

Diesel likes Teague and hates Marvin. Both are both above average player going into their contract year with Marvin being in a need position, being younger, and being more valuable.

Teague needs to go ASAP. Marvin is Marvin. He wasn't a fit but we signed him anyway. Silly of us. Man, we need to rebuild for this season anyway and like I said before, Dennis is already as good as Ridnour and Steve Blake with the potential to be a blend of Rondo and Conley Jr. While we will likely lose 10 more games without Jeff, that's going from 40 wins to 30 wins. From fighting for the playoffs in the East to being in the bottom 4-6 in the NBA lottery. That's a great position for us and Dennis will be better than Jeff this time next year anyway. Let's just move on from the Teague-Smoove era with a chance to build a dynasty.

Thats what confuses me. If you want to let Teague walk for free so Shredder can develope than I guess its the same deal with Al. May as well dump Al so Bebe can develope because while Al is an all star because the c pos in the east blows he isnt really a superstar or a difference maker at the position. Dennis and Lucas are 19 and 20 so if Teague is old so is Al. Why have guys like Al, Sap and Korver stay around for a you tube star rebuild if your letting Teague walk? I mean so what if Dennis can go east west but not north south, so what if Lucas makes Keith Benson look like Shaq. Hey next year there are some canadian high school kids that Jay Bilas said are the next Lebron so get rid of Lou Will because his spot will be taken.Lou Will is too old and so is Jenkins.

The problem with your logic is Al will be much better with Dennis and his numbers will reflect that. The problem is the team has already been downgraded. Milsap is not a replacement for Smoove. He is a good player but he is a tweener, he doesn't make a team much better and he isn't that impactful. The lost of Smoove will be huge. The lose of Teague to starting a rook like Dennis will be felt in the first year. Like I said, with Jeff, we should be a 40-42 win team. Without Jeff and with Dennis, 30-32 win team and that's disregarding injuries. Even if Horf is much better, the team is much worse and the defense goes from below average to likely bad till Bebe can develop. If injuries happen, we go from a 30-32 win team to a 20-22 win team due to a lack of depth at the moment.

We have zero reason to get rid of Horford. He is an elite PnR PF and we are building around him. The problem is we lack a ton of talent and the talent we would have is raw.

I bet Teague will avr at least 1 assist a game more because Milsap can shoot a wee bit better from the outside than Jbrick.

Everyone percentage will go down without Josh and our defense will go from good to below average next year. Quit underrating players you don't like.

Diesel likes Teague and hates Marvin. Both are both above average player going into their contract year with Marvin being in a need position, being younger, and being more valuable.

Teague needs to go ASAP. Marvin is Marvin. He wasn't a fit but we signed him anyway. Silly of us. Man, we need to rebuild for this season anyway and like I said before, Dennis is already as good as Ridnour and Steve Blake with the potential to be a blend of Rondo and Conley Jr. While we will likely lose 10 more games without Jeff, that's going from 40 wins to 30 wins. From fighting for the playoffs in the East to being in the bottom 4-6 in the NBA lottery. That's a great position for us and Dennis will be better than Jeff this time next year anyway. Let's just move on from the Teague-Smoove era with a chance to build a dynasty.

So a guy who has played in 1 summer league game is already better than experienced NBA players..

How can you call out Diesel for liking an above average player yet you keep champinoning for Brandon Jennings who is an average player. Same guy who championed for OJ Mayo dang near all last summer and last time I checked Mayo was an above average player. More irony from you

• Like 1

I cant picture Horford wanting to stay here to wait for Dennis to develope, if he ever does. I really think we will match Teague unless Ferry sees in Jennings whatever it is that you see in him. I think your wrong about Milsap. Smoove was an impact player but sometimes his impact was alot more negative than positve. Milsap is more efficent and is very talented. He may fit the team better than Smoove did, time will tell.

Teague was actually solid in the playoffs against Boston. He had 2 stinkers and 4 good games

And guys who keep thinking Al is going to become this great player because of a PnR pg are going to be sadly dissappointed this season. I like Al but he is not a number one option nor should he be. I doubt his numbers have a big jump from this past season. He also no longer has Josh to cover his mistakes defensively.

I think this is where we differ... a lot..

I think what most posters fear is that Teague will climb into the elite.... as an OG. He doesn't have pure PG skills like Kidd but he has OG skills like Rose and Wall. The fear is that Teague will be one of those guys and thus will not be the 100% distributor... At the same time, I think people are just restless and want to tie their wagons to an unknown that seems like a pure PG. Before they talked about him being like Rondo on draft night, nobody cared about Dennis. After they said that, Dennis became the future. Regardless of the fact that he's 168 pounds, he doesn't play good defense right now, and he doesn't have a game going to the basket.

I keep hearing that if we sign Teague, he will stop Dennis' growth? I don't know how that's possible when there are 48 minutes for the PG position. What people are really saying is that a PG who was a 14 and 7 PG for a team that played a motion offense would be much better in a pick and roll offense... Especially when he shoots well from the field.

Here's the scariest thing for those who say that Teague is not that good. Teague was only in his second year as a starter...IN a motion offense. We talk about the San Antonio way and that's what we will have. Well, look at the numbers.

Yeah... That's what people fear. Teague's success.

As someone who actually goes to Wizards games, I can say Wall PG skills are superior to Jeff Teague. It's never even close either. Teague PG skills are similar to Bobby Jackson and Russell Westbrook. Westbrook is superior ability wise and talent wise to Jeff.

Once again, Marvin and Jeff should be seen as one of the same as MaceCase said.

Marvin was scared. Teague is timid AT TIMES but can and will take over games with his speed AT TIMES as well.. If Bud is worth a dam as a coach he should be able to continue Teagues development the way Drew did, hell if hes as good as some of you say he should turn Teague into an all star cuz Teague has the raw skills to be one and his raw skills are already nba PROVEN.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

I bet Teague will avr at least 1 assist a game more because Milsap can shoot a wee bit better from the outside than Jbrick.

might as well add another because he would actually get the ball after a rebound in order to run the fast break. Damn I hated Josh

• Like 2

I cant picture Horford wanting to stay here to wait for Dennis to develope, if he ever does. I really think we will match Teague unless Ferry sees in Jennings whatever it is that you see in him. I think your wrong about Milsap. Smoove was an impact player but sometimes his impact was alot more negative than positve. Milsap is more efficent and is very talented. He may fit the team better than Smoove did, time will tell.

He will do what's best for the team and always has. He played center. He played as a #5 option. Al is a team player and always has been. This is his chance to show the NBA that he can be #1 option and average 25+ PPG even if it's mainly all from the PnR.

Beside this rebuild shouldn't even last long. Dennis has top 5 PG potential and is an excellent PnR creator and if we can get a top 5-7 pick in the NBA draft, we should be set with three franchise players that fit and we have cap room. Genius GMing. Stupid GMing is doing like you and Diesel want to do which is stay in the middle, sign average players with limited potential to big deals and continue the treadmill. We just need to start Dennis, use Lou and Mack as the backup PG's and rebuild.

If we dont match Teague than I think his replacement comes outa left field. All the talk about Monta, Jennings and Mo Will is prolly just talk. We will prolly sign Nate Robinson hahaha You really never hear about Ferrys moves until they happen.

Marvin was scared. Teague is timid AT TIMES but can and will take over games with his speed AT TIMES as well.. If Bud is worth a dam as a coach he should be able to continue Teagues development the way Drew did, hell if hes as good as some of you say he should turn Teague into an all star cuz Teague has the raw skills to be one and his raw skills are already nba PROVEN.

He almost never does that. Marvin had times where he looked like James Worthy. Teague has times where he looks like Kevin Johnson. But both are too timid, too lay back, not smart enough, nor skilled enough to do it on a consistent basis. Jeff is Jeff and Marvin is Marvin. Both are like one of the same. I am surprised Diesel loves Jeff when he's like a less needed Marvin.

Sorry, this

Teague

Jenkins

Korver

Horford

Bebe

in 2014-15 isn't more than a 1st round exit and will continue to be one forever.

This

Dennis

Korver

Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins

Horford

Bebe

Will probably be a first round exit in 14-15 but it will be a top tier contender for the next 10 years.