• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When it comes down to Teague, the Hawks have to:

Diesel

Indy not trading Granger. We might be available in free agency next year. Let's say we get a top 4 pick and miss on Randle, Wiggins, and Parker. We can draft Cauley-Stein and sign Granger DennisKorverGrangerHorfCauley-Stein

They are trying hard to trade Granger as they don't want to pay him $15 million to come off the bench or to put Stephenson on the bench. They also signed Copeland to play the backup SF minutes so no need for Granger when they can use his salary to improve elsewhere. I've heard Denver might be a match.

• Premium Member

Yeah but I mistakenly thought it was about burning the roster down instead of being about matching on Teague.

And no, we don't need to match Teague. Unless we've got a trade for a legit All-Star caliber up our sleeves to fill the SF spot (Granger maybe?) while only using our cap space.

I think the mixture of DMC thealltime great and Korver will work nicely at SF. At SG, I think it's time to give Jenkins a try with the big boys. Korver can fill some time with him there. At SF, I also think that Millsap can play some spot minutes there. WHat we really need is a C. Dally and Cole Aldrich.

• Premium Member

It's funny how everyone that says we can trade Teague if we match, but don't think we can trade Korver on the same amount of years and less money who shoots significantly better than Teague. This board will make you lose your mind.

Teague is 25.. one of the fastest guys in the league. Can shoot from distance. Has some PG skills. Stays in front of his man on defense.

Korver is 30 and all he does is shoot the jumper. His defense is suspect. He doesn't drive. His passing is nothing spectacular. Moving him is going to have to be this year to a contender like San Anton.

Amen Diesel WE GOTTA MATCH. If you let a 25 year old up and coming pg who is under a reasonable contract walk and get nothing in return your a marroon gm. Shreeder can develope in the DEVELOPEMENT LEAGUE. I dont wanna watch this kid get raped every night. He cant guard or drive against summer league players. If and when he is ready Teague is very tradable. He is 25 for christ sake and has gotten better every season. Jennings best season was his rookie year and hes been the same every since. Mo Williams stinks and Shreeder isnt even Shelven Mack worthy yet.

Teague is 25.. one of the fastest guys in the league. Can shoot from distance. Has some PG skills. Stays in front of his man on defense.

Korver is 30 and all he does is shoot the jumper. His defense is suspect. He doesn't drive. His passing is nothing spectacular. Moving him is going to have to be this year to a contender like San Anton.

I honestly have to ? if most of these folks saying let Teague walk think he is 35 and not 25. You cant teach Teagues speed. If these people believe in BUD BALL lol then shouldnt BUD be able to coach a good young player with mad skills like Teague into a great player?

I think the mixture of DMC thealltime great and Korver will work nicely at SF. At SG, I think it's time to give Jenkins a try with the big boys. Korver can fill some time with him there. At SF, I also think that Millsap can play some spot minutes there. WHat we really need is a C. Dally and Cole Aldrich.

Dude... Cole Aldrich? Please tell me you're joking.

I don't get how you can make like 10 tanking threads along with threads wanting to trade Al (and Lou), yet want to the Hawks to match Teague at $8m/yr. Make your mind up, that makes zero sense.

Dennis is already an below average PG. We can see him progress though the season become as good as Jeff by seasons end. Next year at this time, Dennis will be much better than Jeff anyway.

By seasons end Bebe will be as good as Mutumbo in his prime and will be much better than Horford.I know this because I used advance youtube simulation stats or AHYES stats as I like to call them. Lets trade Al for and expireing deal.

Edited by NJHAWK

At 8 for 4 yrs I wouldn't want to match. Everyone calling him a tradable asset needs to think of where would he get traded to? Every team has a decent PG right now, that's why Larry Drew is the only one who's shown interest in bringing him in. 8 a year seemed reasonable for Marvin Williams at the time too, but how quickly did that contract turn into an albatross? It seemed a miracle that DF was able to move it.Bring in Mo for a year or two and let Dennis take over from there.

• Premium Member

Dude... Cole Aldrich? Please tell me you're joking.

I don't get how you can make like 10 tanking threads along with threads wanting to trade Al (and Lou), yet want to the Hawks to match Teague at $8m/yr. Make your mind up, that makes zero sense.

I don't believe in doing things half way and I am always thinking about public relations because of our FA problem. IF we're tanking, let's let our Better FAs go, get something for them, and let them leave happily. IF we're not tanking, let's get a team. IF you read correctly, I said: Dally and Cole.

My point is:

C: Dally, Cole, Mike. In rotation.

PF: Horf, Millsap (PT), Scott

SF: Millsap (PT), DMC, Korver

SG: Jenkins, Korver.

PG: Teague, Dennis, Lou.

Whether we tank or not, I think we should trade Lou and get another OG who can play predominantly from the SG spot. I don't have one in mind right now... Maybe Barbosa... or Stephenson...

But Center wise, we don't need to have Horf playing that.

• Premium Member

At 8 for 4 yrs I wouldn't want to match. Everyone calling him a tradable asset needs to think of where would he get traded to? Every team has a decent PG right now, that's why Larry Drew is the only one who's shown interest in bringing him in.8 a year seemed reasonable for Marvin Williams at the time too, but how quickly did that contract turn into an albatross? It seemed a miracle that DF was able to move it.Bring in Mo for a year or two and let Dennis take over from there.

In a year, he could be tradable to Milwaukee.

If they don't get Teague, they will suffer through with Jennings. Moroever, there's always going to be SNT options out there. Players get traded all the time. Especially when they have skills and desire. Teague is not short on either. He has changed his game so much since coming out of college. He's a good shooter and he's growing as a PG. Now, contrary to what you say, you said everybody has a pG..> BUt everybody doesn't have a good PG. There are teams that will take Teague at 8.. It's very reasonable.

• Premium Member

Trade Lou and Horford but match Teague??? Are you advocating building around Teague?

IF we're tanking, which means Teague will not be matched, let's do it right and trade Horf and Lou also.

• Like 1

You've played every position so excuse me for not knowing which side of the fence you're on. Honestly how many wins does Teague account for with the roster currently constructed? If you think he make us better or lesser than a possible 7 or 8 seed then you seriously over valuing him at $8 million per

Edited by OrlandoHawk

• Premium Member

You've played every position so excuse me for not knowing which side of the fence you're on. Honestly how many wins does Teague account for with the roster currently constructed? If you think he make us better or lesser than a possible 7 or 8 seed then you seriously over valuing him at $8 million per

I had a post called Welfare Mentality part II that was up... Anyway, my position is that I am not for tanking. I think tanking sends the wrong message to the fans. I think tanking sends the wrong message to other free agents. I think tanking totally disrespects the players you have... IN a place like basketball, word travels among players. No true superstar wants to play for a small market team that tried to tank. That's where we are right now.

However, if we are going to tank... let's do it the right way and take the players that we have who have value and trade them for underdeveloped or future assets that can help us as we grow. Also let's go in very shrewd in knowing what we want and exactly how this player will help us.

See everybody is talking about Wiggins right now... he's the reason to tank. Well, Wiggins plays in WV. His competition is not so good. AAU ball proves nothing because those are exhibitions that get away from fundamentals. So what if in college ball, Wiggins falls like Shabazz did. Or what if Parker is not all that the AAU scouts say.

People need to understand that high school athletics have been corrupted by the AAU system. Shoe money has made it into the HS game and players are being over promoted before they even play college. I think what we see with some of these young men is marketing. It's this way because the shoe companies want to make a brand. So they get their claws in these guys, over market them and have fan bases begging for them. Then when they get them, they find out that Oh.. Derrick Williams or Dejaun Wagner wasn't really that good.

The Hawks FO has to do the work. Which means that they need to be smart enough to capitalize off of assets and be masters of asset management. Right now, they are not that.

Teague isn't a difference maker. Isn't a top PG and won't be. $8M a year is very high. Let him go. Get a stop gap on a cheaper, shorter deal and groom Schröder

Who would you recommend as a stop gap? I am all for giving Shredder minutes this year, but I don't want to see the Jason Terry nightmare all over again. Let's bring him in and let him slowly learn this year. Teague is top 10 among all PGs in almost every category. That was with playing alongside Chuck McChuckerson. He might not be one of the most coveted PGs (feel free to list them out along with their salaries), but he is no slouch either. This deal seems a right price for what he brings. Now if this is to become a why should we tank thread, then that is another thing entirely. I say let's match and move forward with a new system and new team.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Teague isn't a difference maker. Isn't a top PG and won't be. $8M a year is very high. Let him go. Get a stop gap on a cheaper, shorter deal and groom Schröder

I think this is where we differ... a lot..

I think what most posters fear is that Teague will climb into the elite.... as an OG. He doesn't have pure PG skills like Kidd but he has OG skills like Rose and Wall. The fear is that Teague will be one of those guys and thus will not be the 100% distributor... At the same time, I think people are just restless and want to tie their wagons to an unknown that seems like a pure PG. Before they talked about him being like Rondo on draft night, nobody cared about Dennis. After they said that, Dennis became the future. Regardless of the fact that he's 168 pounds, he doesn't play good defense right now, and he doesn't have a game going to the basket.

I keep hearing that if we sign Teague, he will stop Dennis' growth? I don't know how that's possible when there are 48 minutes for the PG position. What people are really saying is that a PG who was a 14 and 7 PG for a team that played a motion offense would be much better in a pick and roll offense... Especially when he shoots well from the field.

Here's the scariest thing for those who say that Teague is not that good. Teague was only in his second year as a starter...IN a motion offense. We talk about the San Antonio way and that's what we will have. Well, look at the numbers.

Yeah... That's what people fear. Teague's success.

• Like 1