• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When it comes down to Teague, the Hawks have to:

Diesel

Diesel keeps talking about Teague at 8 mil is a trade asset? Really? He is an average to solid PG who isn't a playmaker at all. He is best as a 6th man. Most of the NBA teams have a starting PG anyway. Where is this asset that Diesel keeps talking about?

I know it was one summer league game but I didnt see top 5 anything in Shredder. He is too slow to the basket and likes to drift east west kinda like an oversized Tyrone Lue. Its only one summer game so who knows but top 5 potential? I mean Teague is closer to a top 5 pg than Dennis is. Im not saying either will or wont be top 5 Im just not ready to waste 2 or 3 years finding out if Dennis is.

Edited by NJHAWK

Schröder has top 5 potential? SMDH

Off the top of my head

Rose

Paul

Westbrook

Deron Williams

Rondo

Kyrie Irving

Ty Lawson

Jrue Holiday

Mike Conley

Steph Curry

Damian Lillard

John Wall

Just stop

Dennis can be better than most of the guys on this list in five years. Especially with Horford. It's a chance he could become the best.

I know it was one summer league game but I didnt see top 5 anything in Shredder. He is too slow to the basket and likes to drift east west kinda like an oversized Tyrone Lue. Its only one summer game so who knows but top 5 potential? I mean Teague is closer to a top 5 pg than Dennis is. Im not saying either will or wont be top 5 Im just not ready to waste 2 or 3 years finding out.

Are you out your damn mind boy. He got to the basket at will. Did he finish well, hell naw but that takes time to learn and adjust. An oversized Ty Lue? Yeah, you on some bullshit. I am done with you. Diesel, you have company on the ignore list. NJHAWK been saying too much silliness.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I expect Teague to have a breakout season because I trust Bud can considerably improve the aspects of Teague's game he doesn't like. If we match, I'd be happy. If we didn't, I wouldn't cry about it. I was more impressed by some of the things he did than a lot of y'all evidently. The kid must've put up 20-10 twenty times if I'm not mistaken. He's a better shooter and much more athletic than Conley: if he could get his attitude and defense on par with him he'd be All-Star considerable IMO. Y'all selling the kid short, he's just a baby in terms of starting experience with a lot of upside under the right coach, which I hope we have here. You cant forget how hard it is to play with Midrange as a young and a little shy PG. I don't think it'll be hard to trade him, although if we counting pennies 6.5-7 mil per would be much more ideal, of course from my vantage point. Teague's and his agents' not so much.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Are you out your damn mind boy. He got to the basket at will. Did he finish well, hell naw but that takes time to learn and adjust. An oversized Ty Lue? Yeah, you on some bullshit. I am done with you.

The hell he did. He didnt finish because he couldnt get by anybody and got stuffed. He couldnt shake free of his man like his man was able to do to him on the other end. He doesnt have Teagues speed thats for dam sure.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

If coach Bud was Dog Whisper, we need to sign James White and turn him into Lebron James. Bring Smoove back, turn him into Lebron James. We need to turn Milsap into Charles Barkley. Why can't ya'll just accept Jeff has shit PG skills and let him be in Milwaukee.

Maybe he could teach Jennings how to make circus shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

If coach Bud was Dog Whisper, we need to sign James White and turn him into Lebron James. Bring Smoove back, turn him into Lebron James. We need to turn Milsap into Charles Barkley. Why can't ya'll just accept Jeff has shit PG skills and let him be in Milwaukee.

• Like 1

Coach Bud must be the greatest coach in NBA history.

He can give Jeff PG skills.

Turn Milsap into Charles Barkley.

Turn Jenkins into Michael Jordan.

Yep, Coach Bud is the man and a million times better than Phil Jackson or Coach Pop.

SMDH I dont even know what to say. Not shocked but still I dont know what to say

How about don't say nothing. It basically what you been doing for two pages straight.

Scarcatic, what the heck is wrong with you boy? What is it about Dennis that makes you think he is Ty Lue?

Dennis has all the tools.

His quickness is elite.

His speed combine with his ball handling is lethal.

His offensive BBIQ at 19 is good and can potentially become great.

He has a very good spot up jumper and could potentially be like Bibby in that regard.

He has amazing PnR instincts and can become elite at it.

He can get to the hole at will. Anytime he went one on one he got to the rack.

He is a foul drawing machine.

He is extremely active on defense.

His defensive tools are very good.

He needs to improve his defensive BBIQ by a great deal but he has potential.

Where is his skill-set weaknesses? He is not a great scorer but yet he can probably give you a honest 15-18 PPG in his prime.

His decision making skills? That's a legit one. His strength? He is 19 years old.

He doesn't have many skill-set flaws at all. He is as talented as they come.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Scarcatic, what the hell is wrong with you boy? What is it about Dennis that makes you think he is Ty Lue?

His quickness is elite.

His offensive BBIQ at 19 is good and can potentially become great.

He has a very good spot up jumper and could potentially be like Bibby in that regard.

He can get to the hole at will. Anytime he went one on one he got to the rack.

He is a foul drawing machine.

He is extremely active on defense.

His defensive tools are very good.

Where is his skill-set weaknesses? He is not a great scorer but yet he can probably give you a honest 15-18 PPG in his prime.

His decision making skills? That's a legit one. His strength? He is 19 years old.

He doesn't have many skill-set flaws at all. He is as talented as they come.

I didnt compare him to Ty Lue. You try so hard to be smarter than everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about. Somebody else said that not me

Dude is never going to be a great scorer. He cant shoot off the dribble and he struggles finishing. He has an awkward shot so he will need plenty of space to get his shot off.

And cut it out dude you are not a scout. If anything most of your predictions and scouting reports have been dead wrong. I usually expect the opposite of whatever you say to happen.

Where is the great Scott Machodo? I thought he was the next Stockton. Dude barely made a roster last year

I thought Mayo had these great point guard skills? lmao

You can keep going though I am more than sure you will keep making an ass of yourself. You do it quite well

• Like 1

Scarcatic, what the heck is wrong with you boy? What is it about Dennis that makes you think he is Ty Lue? More like Brevin Knight

His quickness is elite. He's no where near as fast as Teague.

His offensive BBIQ at 19 is good and can potentially become great. He can't score except from three point range, if he can get open.

He can get to the hole at will. Anytime he went one on one he got to the rack. When he got to the rack, he got his shot blocked.

He is a foul drawing machine. How do you figure? He didn't shoot one free throw.

He is extremely active on defense. Huh? He got beat all night long.

His defensive tools are very good. In what way? He got beat, he got pushed around. His man scored at will all night.

Where is his skill-set weaknesses? See above. He is not a great scorer but yet he can probably give you a honest 15-18 PPG in his prime. Against junior high school kids maybe.

He doesn't have many skill-set flaws at all. He is as talented as they come. Please. He is nothing like I expected him to be. Nice passer, but that's it.

You obviously see what you wanted to see. I was so disappointed after hearing all these comments about he great he was. He was ok, but that's it. His man won't even have to guard him on the inside. He is Brevin Knight reborn.

Edited by Watchman

I didnt compare him to Ty Lue. You try so hard to be smarter than everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about. Somebody else said that not me

Dude is never going to be a great scorer. He cant shoot off the dribble and he struggles finishing. He has an awkward shot so he will need plenty of space to get his shot off.

And cut it out dude you are not a scout. If anything most of your predictions and scouting reports have been dead wrong. I usually expect the opposite of whatever you say to happen.

Where is the great Scott Machodo? I thought he was the next Stockton. Dude barely made a roster last year

I thought Mayo had these great point guard skills? lmao

You can keep going though I am more than sure you will keep making an ass of yourself. You do it quite well

Not once did I ever say O.J. Mayo had great PG skills. I said it 1000 times, I wanted O.J. as the PG with Joe, Marvin, Smoove and Al because...

A. We didn't need a PG, Joe was the primary ballhandler.

B. We needed a #1 option who could defend the position.

C. He was very talented and could have a been a star player if used correctly.

That's it, so quit trying to throw dirt in my eyes for you saying some stupid crap like Dennis is an oversized Ty Lue.

You are silly to think that I am just trying to be smarter. I just watch a lot of Basketball and I know you can't turn Derrick Rose into Steve Nash and you can't turn Steve Nash into Michael Jordan. You have skill-sets, tools, talent, and ability. You have a number of other things. This issue here it seems is guys who like Jeff Teague want to say he needs to be resigned. Others who don't say no. We ask why? You say because he helps the team win games. We say he makes us just an average team and one on the treadmill at best, you say well Coach Bud will make him better. We say how? You mention Josh Smith who is a better passer and has better court vision than Jeff for starters and you say Coach Bud will give him PG skills? We ask how the hell is that possible. What can Bud do that all of Jeff's coaches before him do that can give Jeff those tools. If that's the case, we need to resign Smoove as well and have Coach Bud for him too. You then say whatever pops your mind and what not or insult me or whoever.

Mace was dead on with the Marvin comparison but Marvin was more valuable, talented, and younger than Jeff going into their contract year. If you look at the PG average, Jeff is right there while Marvin was slightly above the SF average during his contract year.

What about Scott? He is doing well, got another gig from GS in the NBA. He has court vision but that was all. He lacks too many NBA tools as did Marshall. coachx was right on Marshall, he said Marshall is much too slow, I said Stockton wasn't fast which is true but Stockton was much quicker coming into the NBA than Marshall was. He was right but he was wrong for saying Stockton was fast when he wasn't. Stockton also had the ability to change paces, Marshall didn't. With that said, most of the reason I wanted those two is because I wanted Horford to finally be used as a PnR player and I wanted and still want Jeff gone for good.

The thing is, you are saying all this stuff and talking about guys who I didn't see play ONE minute v. even Summer League players so I could be wrong or right no matter who we are talking about. I would have never Kelly Olynyk would be as good as he is watching him at Gonzaga but watching Summer League, he's legit and has legit potential. I would have never said that. That's why scouting college players is seen as a crabshoot. See Victor Oladipo, I been sold him and he proved me right. Look at Trey Burke, sold on him and he looked like shit. It is what it is. You don't know till you see them play v. other pros. You can look at Brendan Wright, I was wrong on him. I don't have the tools to see these players like Ferry and NBA personnel guys do. I can just watch ESPN, FSN, and clips and make my own assessment from there.

So while you are calling me out. I can stand on my own two feet sonny.

Wow still no news yet. The fact Ferry has waited this long said to me all I need to know about how much he value Teague. Even if we do match and Ferry try to trade him later on. GMs may try to lowball him with offers because they clearly see Ferry doesn't think too high of his own PG.

• Like 1

Watchman quotes:

His quickness is elite. He's no where near as fast as Teague.

His offensive BBIQ at 19 is good and can potentially become great. He can't score except from three point range, if he can get open.

He can get to the hole at will. Anytime he went one on one he got to the rack. When he got to the rack, he got his shot blocked.

He is a foul drawing machine. How do you figure? He didn't shoot one free throw.

He is extremely active on defense. Huh? He got beat all night long.

His defensive tools are very good. In what way? He got beat, he got pushed around. His man scored at will all night.

Where is his skill-set weaknesses? See above. He is not a great scorer but yet he can probably give you a honest 15-18 PPG in his prime. Against junior high school kids maybe.

He doesn't have many skill-set flaws at all. He is as talented as they come. Please. He is nothing like I expected him to be. Nice passer, but that's it.

Teague is explosive, fast as hell and quick as a rabbit. He is one of the quickest players in the NBA. That doesn't take away from Dennis nonetheless which is what you are doing. When it comes to JUST quickness, Dennis is as quick as Jeff. Dennis isn't some supersonic speed demon like Jeff nor is he explosive which Jeff is plenty.

What the hell does that have to do with BBIQ?

He got to the rack was my entire point. Read and don't take shit out of context.

He was getting fouled a lot of times while he was slashing, did he get fouled in the process of shooting or attempting to score is the question you need to re-frame your question to.

Being active is having your hands up, moving around to get in passing lanes and what not. He was doing just that. Him getting beat was more of a sign of being overaggressive and having low defensive BBIQ.

Very good lateral quickness, activity on defense, long arms and the willingness to defend.

What you wrote was BS mostly.

V. NBA players in three to five years hence the term potentially.

What did you expect that you didn't get?

I know it was one summer league game but I didnt see top 5 anything in Shredder. He is too slow to the basket and likes to drift east west kinda like an oversized Tyrone Lue. Its only one summer game so who knows but top 5 potential? I mean Teague is closer to a top 5 pg than Dennis is. Im not saying either will or wont be top 5 Im just not ready to waste 2 or 3 years finding out if Dennis is.

Not once did I ever say O.J. Mayo had great PG skills. I said it 1000 times, I wanted O.J. as the PG with Joe, Marvin, Smoove and Al because...

A. We didn't need a PG, Joe was the primary ballhandler.

B. We needed a #1 option who could defend the position.

C. He was very talented and could have a been a star player if used correctly.

That's it, so quit trying to throw dirt in my eyes for you saying some stupid crap like Dennis is an oversized Ty Lue.

You are silly to think that I am just trying to be smarter. I just watch a lot of Basketball and I know you can't turn Derrick Rose into Steve Nash and you can't turn Steve Nash into Michael Jordan. You have skill-sets, tools, talent, and ability. You have a number of other things. This issue here it seems is guys who like Jeff Teague want to say he needs to be resigned. Others who don't say no. We ask why? You say because he helps the team win games. We say he makes us just an average team and one on the treadmill at best, you say well Coach Bud will make him better. We say how? You mention Josh Smith who is a better passer and has better court vision than Jeff for starters and you say Coach Bud will give him PG skills? We ask how the hell is that possible. What can Bud do that all of Jeff's coaches before him do that can give Jeff those tools. If that's the case, we need to resign Smoove as well and have Coach Bud for him too. You then say whatever pops your mind and what not or insult me or whoever.

Mace was dead on with the Marvin comparison but Marvin was more valuable, talented, and younger than Jeff going into their contract year. If you look at the PG average, Jeff is right there while Marvin was slightly above the SF average during his contract year.

What about Scott? He is doing well, got another gig from GS in the NBA. He has court vision but that was all. He lacks too many NBA tools as did Marshall. coachx was right on Marshall, he said Marshall is much too slow, I said Stockton wasn't fast which is true but Stockton was much quicker coming into the NBA than Marshall was. He was right but he was wrong for saying Stockton was fast when he wasn't. Stockton also had the ability to change paces, Marshall didn't. With that said, most of the reason I wanted those two is because I wanted Horford to finally be used as a PnR player and I wanted and still want Jeff gone for good.

The thing is, you are saying all this stuff and talking about guys who I didn't see play ONE minute v. even Summer League players so I could be wrong or right no matter who we are talking about. I would have never Kelly Olynyk would be as good as he is watching him at Gonzaga but watching Summer League, he's legit and has legit potential. I would have never said that. That's why scouting college players is seen as a crabshoot. See Victor Oladipo, I been sold him and he proved me right. Look at Trey Burke, sold on him and he looked like shit. It is what it is. You don't know till you see them play v. other pros. You can look at Brendan Wright, I was wrong on him. I don't have the tools to see these players like Ferry and NBA personnel guys do. I can just watch ESPN, FSN, and clips and make my own assessment from there.

So while you are calling me out. I can stand on my own two feet sonny.

Clearly I didnt compre him to Ty Lue but yea keep doing what you do

Watchman quotes:

Teague is explosive, fast as hell and quick as a rabbit. He is one of the quickest players in the NBA. That doesn't take away from Dennis nonetheless which is what you are doing. When it comes to JUST quickness, Dennis is as quick as Jeff. Dennis isn't some supersonic speed demon like Jeff nor is he explosive which Jeff is plenty.

What the hell does that have to do with BBIQ?

He got to the rack was my entire point. Read and don't take shit out of context.

He was getting fouled a lot of times while he was slashing, did he get fouled in the process of shooting or attempting to score is the question you need to re-frame your question to.

Being active is having your hands up, moving around to get in passing lanes and what not. He was doing just that. Him getting beat was more of a sign of being overaggressive and having low defensive BBIQ.

Very good lateral quickness, activity on defense, long arms and the willingness to defend.

What you wrote was BS mostly.

V. NBA players in three to five years hence the term potentially.

What did you expect that you didn't get?

Coming from you, that is really funny.