• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow... The balls on some fans?@!?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was reading twitter a few moments ago. ON Teague's twitter page, Amidst welcome back post to Teague from Hawks faithful. I Find this message from a Hawks fan.

@Aye_Guapo @Teague0 Wasn't his choice, he was restricted. We will just keep him around long enough to develop Schröder.

Needless to say, I was ashamed of the fans that believe that it's alright to categorize Teague as a lame duck PG to his face.

Really???

• Premium Member

I like Teague but the fan is true. It wasn't Teague's choice because Jeff wanted to leave. I'm glad he is back and we don't have to put so much pressure on Schröder.

So... if Teague has a breakout year this year and lead us to the ECF... Do you say that he's a lame duck setting the table for Schröder?

This is the problem with thinking that many Hawks fans are having right now. We drafted Schröder so automatically a lot of fans think that he's definitely the future... regardless of how badly deficient he is?? When did this belief happen??

It had to begin after Chris Paul turned us down?

Think about it. Chris Paul was considering Atlanta until Doc Rivers went to LAC. IN fact, we reached out to CP3 after we drafted Schröder. So what if CP3 and D12 would have signed with us... What exactly would you take on Schröder be then? Would CP3 just be a lame duck PG? Would our franchise be expecting that CP3 was grooming Schröder to take over?

So let me frame this for you.

Most fans who have this perception of Schröder as being the future in Atlanta just googled him for the first time after we drafted him. They never understood that if we would have gotten Paul, Dennis would be in the Euroleague bidding his time. So there's no need for us thinking that Dennis is our future just yet. Let him develop naturally and give room for Teague to be great.

It has to be disheartening for Teague to see on his twitter page that some dunce is going around saying that he's a lame duck PG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Jeff's not leading us to the ECF this year if even the playoffs Diesel. Why can't you see this like you see Marvin Williams when it's basically the same except Jeff is worse.

Because Jeff has done nothing but improved his overall game every year he has been here. NOt just in his contract year. Because Jeff has been held back by hostile coaching, a system that doesn't benefit the PG, and a team leader that disrupted the offense constantly. Because I have seen Jeff go toe to toe with the League MVP in the playoffs and not blink.

Jeff is no Marvin Williams. Marvin Williams had every opportunity to step up since he was a child and he never did. With Marvin, it was evident that he didn't have ANY Dog in him.

I've seen Jeff step up as a leader in college and in the Pros in the playoffs off the bench. He got some DOG in him.

Supe, you're terrible at evaluating talent.

Go do that.

And you're wrong AGAIN about Teague.

• Like 1

Because Jeff has done nothing but improved his overall game every year he has been here. NOt just in his contract year. Because Jeff has been held back by hostile coaching, a system that doesn't benefit the PG, and a team leader that disrupted the offense constantly. Because I have seen Jeff go toe to toe with the League MVP in the playoffs and not blink.

Jeff is no Marvin Williams. Marvin Williams had every opportunity to step up since he was a child and he never did. With Marvin, it was evident that he didn't have ANY Dog in him.

I've seen Jeff step up as a leader in college and in the Pros in the playoffs off the bench. He got some DOG in him.

Supe, you're terrible at evaluating talent.

Go do that.

And you're wrong AGAIN about Teague.

Marvin did the same Diesel. Marvin improved every year. I remember our agruments on Marvin. I was defending him saying he was improving every year and he would show flashes and I would agrue with you that Marvin was too disparaging and he didn't aggressive pursue his potential. Remember you said Marvin didn't have a dog in him and I agree with you.

All the things you say about Marvin, I say about Jeff. All of the rebuttals you have Marvin, I have on Jeff. Remember when Ish Smith would have to play PG for Jeff because he couldn't run the offense or lead the team in the ACC nor was he aggressive. Remember Jeff at many times this year playing scared like a crow. Remember when we used to blame it on Joe and Smoove for Marvin and now we blame it on Smoove for Jeff. You always talked about his upbringing for Marvin and bring up the time he gave a roster spot to a friend in Seattle. We bring up the ASB skills comp for Jeff where he made a fool of himself.

It's like one of the same but you like one and loathe the other. I was where you were at with Marvin as you are with Jeff. I remember thinking if he can channel that focus, heart, passion, and determination every game instead of once every blue moon, he could be a top 10 SF and seen as a top 3-5 SF better than Luol Deng. That never happened because it wasn't in Marvin. You can made up stuff all day on Jeff but it can't change the truth. If you see someone 82 times and they are similar 58-60 times, more than not, that's 58-60 times is who they are Diesel. Be smart Diesel, I learned my lesson on Marvin. Potential is just a word and it's only truthful depending on their outlook and goals as a player and person. Marvin value his life outside of Hoops far more than Hoops. You could see that in his special. You can see the same with Jeff. Jeff isn't mentally strong. Jeff isn't that smart. Jeff is just Jeffery. He can only be who he is. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you realize this is Marvin all over again but at a position where players are a dime a dozen and getting value back is much harder than the usual.

Diesel, the difference between you and me if I attack you, I at least have a backing behind my words. You don't and never have. You just go with emotions. At times you been right like with Marvin but more than not, you have been dead wrong. I seen tons of examples over the years like Chris Kaman, Okafor and etc. I won't get on you about Shelden, I've said it numerous times that the draft is hard to judge for us who don't have the tools to see the players like NBA scouts and GM's. Because the things you measure at camps, from coaches and what not are only available to them and not anyone else on the outside. So I don't take your attack and personal assaults on me seriously.

The only reason you are blocked on my list is because you make a lot of crappy threads. Your posts really don't irk me at all. Usually really dumb but I read them nonetheless.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

So the problem is he said what everybody else was thinking to his face??

How do you want to be welcomed?

Is that how you welcome your starting PG back to the team?? By telling him that he's a lame duck??

If you can't understand the rudeness in what was done...

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Marvin did the same Diesel. Marvin improved every year. I remember our agruments on Marvin. I was defending him saying he was improving every year and he would show flashes and I would agress with you that Marvin was too disinengaging and he didn't aggressive pursue his potential. Remember you said Marvin didn't have a dog in him and I agree with you.

All the things you say about Marvin, I say about Jeff. All of the rebuttals you have Marvin, I have on Jeff. Remember when Ish Smith would have to play PG for Jeff because he couldn't run the offense or lead the team in the ACC nor was he aggressive. Remember Jeff at many times this year playing scared like a crow. Remember when we used to blame it on Joe and Smoove for Marvin and now we blame it on Smoove for Jeff. You always talked about his upbringing for Marvin and bring up the time he gave a roster spot to a friend in Seattle. We bring up the ASB skills comp for Jeff where he made a fool of himself.

It's like one of the same but you like one and loate the other. I was where you were at with Marvin as you are with Jeff. I remember thinking if he can channel that focus, heart, passion, and determination every game instead of once every blue moon, he could be a top 10 SF and seen as a top 3-5 SF better than Luol Deng. That never happened because it wasn't in Marvin. You can made up stuff all day on Jeff but it can't change the truth. If you see someone 82 times and they are similar 58-60 times, more than not, that's 58-60 times is who they are Diesel. Be smart Diesel, I learned my lesson on Marvin. Potential is just a word and it's only truthful depending on their outlook and goals as a player and person. Marvin value his life outside of Hoops far more than Hoops. You could see that in his special. You can see the same with Jeff. Jeff isn't mentally strong. Jeff isn't that smart. Jeff is just Jeffery. He can only be who he is. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you realize this is Marvin all over again but at a position where players are a dime a dozen and getting value back is much harder than the usual.

Nope. Mavin improved in his contract year. Not every year. Marvin played the easiest position to learn on the court. This is not even comparable. Moreover, Teague's change is not in effort stats, Teague's changes are in skillstats. Marivn improved in his contract year in PPG and RPG. That's just effort. Teague is improving assists (in a motion offense), he's improving turnovers (without being a shoot first pG). He did this with a changing cast of backcourt mates.... And this is his second year as a starter.

I was reading twitter a few moments ago. ON Teague's twitter page, Amidst welcome back post to Teague from Hawks faithful. I Find this message from a Hawks fan. Needless to say, I was ashamed of the fans that believe that it's alright to categorize Teague as a lame duck PG to his face.Really???

Every sports team at every competition level has crappy "fans" who make the rest look bad, big deal. This is a complete non-issue, IMO. As an athlete, if you can't handle criticism and heckling then you chose the wrong profession.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Remember when Ish Smith would have to play PG for Jeff because he couldn't run the offense or lead the team in the ACC nor was he aggressive.

No no. Ish Smith would play PG because Ish Smith was another very good guard and Wake's best chance to win was when the two of them were in the game. Remember, Ish Smith is also an NBA player. Jeff was very aggressive in the ACC. He used to take it to the rim and dunk nasty on people all the time. I remember watching him all the time because I was at UNC the same time he was at WF. He takes it to the rim in the NBA too. I think we all need to just chill and see what Jeff can do without Smoove running the point. Give him the ball and let him run the floor

And just for fun, here are some vids of Teague throwing down in college. Don't want to get into the highlight tape argument but these are fun.

Edited by Mutombolievable
  • Like 2

Players get the blame for bad management in ATL. It's not the fault of a player if he is drafted here when he should not have been or signed as a FA and is played out of position. Not the fault of the players that we have not had an experienced head coach since Lenny Wilkens. Or that the current ownership group can't really afford to put together a team deep enough to complete. Jeff has done everything you would ask, improved each year after being punished for nothing as a rookie.

Because past management has done such a piss poor job drafting high, fans blame the lower draft picks like Teague for not being Chris Paul.

Nope. Mavin improved in his contract year. Not every year. Marvin played the easiest position to learn on the court. This is not even comparable. Moreover, Teague's change is not in effort stats, Teague's changes are in skillstats. Marivn improved in his contract year in PPG and RPG. That's just effort. Teague is improving assists (in a motion offense), he's improving turnovers (without being a shoot first pG). He did this with a changing cast of backcourt mates.... And this is his second year as a starter.

Diesel, what the hell are you talking about? Effort stats? Ugh Diesel. This is why arguing with you has always been a pain. You are completely illogical 99.99% of the time. Effort stats?

Diesel, Marvin's advanced stats greatly improved each year. Marvin's overall impact improved each year. That's not effort, that's improvement. This isn't even like Jeff who transition to a PG friendly offense, became the dominant ball-handler and had an usage rate higher than Chris Paul's. Marvin usage rate average in his career was only 17.7 and in his contract year it was 18.2. In fact, his usage rate actually went down in his contract year than the other previous years but his stats when up and his WS equaled Jeff's when he only played in 3/4 of the games that season compared to a full season for Jeff.

No no. Ish Smith would play PG because Ish Smith was another very good guard and Wake's best chance to win was when the two of them were in the game. Remember, Ish Smith is also an NBA player. Jeff was very aggressive in the ACC. He used to take it to the rim and dunk nasty on people all the time. I remember watching him all the time because I was at UNC the same time he was at WF. He takes it to the rim in the NBA too. I think we all need to just chill and see what Jeff can do without Smoove running the point. Give him the ball and let him run the floor

And just for fun, here are some vids of Teague throwing down in college. Don't want to get into the highlight tape argument but these are fun.

Don't we have highlights of Jeff being aggressive in Atlanta. Don't we have highlights of Marvin Williams being aggressive in Atlanta. I am pretty sure we have highlights of scrubs showing Basketball skill in Atlanta as well. Just because someone has a highlight doesn't excuse all the times they lack that ability during the season.

Don't we have highlights of Jeff being aggressive in Atlanta. Don't we have highlights of Marvin Williams being aggressive in Atlanta. I am pretty sure we have highlights of scrubs showing Basketball skill in Atlanta as well. Just because someone has a highlight doesn't excuse all the times they lack that ability during the season.

Wish you would've read my whole post. That's why I said I don't want to get into the highlight tape argument. I just posted those vids because they're fun to watch.

That said, Teague will have his best year yet this year. I'm calling 16 and 8.8 just like I called the Schröder pick the week of the draft. Mark it.

Edited by Mutombolievable

Wish you would've read my whole post. That's why I said I don't want to get into the highlight tape argument. I just posted those vids because they're fun to watch.

That said, Teague will have his best year yet this year. I'm calling 16 and 8.8 just like I called the Schröder pick the week of the draft. Mark it.

He can get better statistically and still be a nuisance if building a champion if that's what we are striving for which I doubt. I don't have much doubt that he can be better especially when I see Horford and Milsap getting worse due to Ferry's incompetence.

If Jeff is worried about a twitter post, (or something that's actually said to his face), we're in trouble. If things like that bothered him, why would he be on twitter? Some fans like you, some fans don't. My lil cuz's Chris Singleton and Deandre Hopkins said reading negative stuff about them just gives them motivation. Im sure Jeff feels the same way. Was this really a thread? lol

Edited by terrell

If Jeff is worried about a twitter post, (or something that's actually said to his face), then we're in trouble. If things like that bothered him, why would he be on twitter? Some fans like you, some fans don't. My lil cuz Chris Singleton said reading negative stuff about him just gives him motivation. Im sure Jeff feels the same way. Was this really a thread? lol

I watched Chris play live in DC, Washington fans give him a ton a grief but I think he can be a solid role player given some time to grow in this league.