• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel like Bebe should be considered even if he isn't fully ready

ATLscrubLove

I disagree, he's too far off and we don't need to start his NBA clock yet because by the time he's really ready he will be up as a RFA. Lets let another team pay to develop him for a year or two and we can get the value from it.

Good Point....Let him further develop overseas - somehow, someway make him gain muscle as well. Then bring him back next year.

• Premium Member

Good Point....Let him further develop overseas - somehow, someway make him gain muscle as well. Then bring him back next year.

He's been overseas all this time and how exactly has that helped his development? IMO, the Hawks aren't winning anything anytime soon. No need to continue to delay his development.

I think Bud will try to work with Petro. I think he has some nice skills. He matched Dwight's production (not that that's impressive to me knowing how poorly skilled Dwight is but just for sake of argument) in the game we won versus the Lakers in 10 less minutes. Millsap will make everyone's job easier as opposed to past years. I know he's a scrub, but at 7'0", he's definately a serviceable one with knowledge of the NBA rigors already down.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I like him and think he could be good but the way Bebe was getting moved around on the block is concerning. He's so small that he was just getting bullied out of position for rebounds even when trying to box out. I believe it was Samardo Samuels that was just overpowering him in our first summer league game. If Samardo Samuels is going to do that just imagine what a big body in the NBA is going to do. If I had woken up this morning and heard he put on 40 lbs between last night and this morning though...

I think he'll end up playing in Europe again.

As other have mentioned, he needs to put on weight, but I was impressed with how well he moves on the court. So often you see 7 footers struggling to control their lanky frame. I didn't really see that with Bebe.