Shock and Awwww...

• Moderators

"NBA GMs... You Don't Love Me No Mo?"

“I didn’t retire and I’m healthy,” Evans said in a statement to HOOPSWORLD. “I just didn’t get an offer last season except for a non-guaranteed invite to Minnesota. I thought I could do better as the season went along and nothing ever transpired so I took a year off and spent real time with my kids. I did think about retiring because I had some business stuff that I was exploring and still have in place, so maybe that’s why people thought I was done. I have to admit that I was shocked and pissed that I didn’t get a call because I can play without any limitations. I went from helping negotiate the new collective bargaining agreement to being left out. I was like, ‘Wow, how does that happen?’ But I can honestly say that the NBA is a great league – the best in the world. I played a part in it as a player and a union leader. Now, I’m ready to go back to Europe and do some more great things. I’m having some talks and should decide soon on which team I will sign with. I do wish I could end my career in the NBA, but I’m ready to start drinking sparkling water – as they say in Europe – and do what I still enjoy doing most.”

~lw3