• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elitest is as Elitest does. From Duke to Atlanta.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Oh I'm glad this silly thread is back.

It's not like all of the top teams in the league with cap space would be interested in Deng or anything.

A few days ago on Hawksquawk Deng was trash.. worthless.  Too many miles.  On the downside.  One Hawks Correspondents is quotes as saying " I'd rather see Danny Ferry buy 10 million dollars in magic beans for five years than hire Luol Deng for the same.".

Now, since he's a hot topic around the league... all of that has changed?

A few days ago on Hawksquawk Deng was trash.. worthless. Too many miles. On the downside. One Hawks Correspondents is quotes as saying " I'd rather see Danny Ferry buy 10 million dollars in magic beans for five years than hire Luol Deng for the same.".

Now, since he's a hot topic around the league... all of that has changed?

Changed for who? Damn sure hasn't changed for me. He's a hot topic around the league from teams trying to get him cheap, which if we could do we should as he'd be great on a 6-7 mil contract.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Changed for who? Damn sure hasn't changed for me. He's a hot topic around the league from teams trying to get him cheap, which if we could do we should as he'd be great on a 6-7 mil contract.

We have to examine ourselves.  We are still not the kind of team that can put out a 7 million dollar deal to a player like Deng and expect that he'd be jumping to sign it.  Hell, he just turned down whatever lowball offer the Heat sent him.  You hear that... he said F the King!!

My picture is a 3 yr deal starting at 10.5.  with a PO after the first year.

That's contingent on us getting a big like Monroe first.

We have to examine ourselves.  We are still not the kind of team that can put out a 7 million dollar deal to a player like Deng and expect that he'd be jumping to sign it.  Hell, he just turned down whatever lowball offer the Heat sent him.  You hear that... he said F the King!!

My picture is a 3 yr deal starting at 10.5.  with a PO after the first year.

That's contingent on us getting a big like Monroe first.

Big difference between the Heat offering to split up their exceptions and have Deng take a piece and us offering 7-8 million. 

I would lose my mind and probably punch something or someone if we gave Deng anywhere near 10.5 million per season. 

• Premium Member

Big difference between the Heat offering to split up their exceptions and have Deng take a piece and us offering 7-8 million. 

I would lose my mind and probably punch something or someone if we gave Deng anywhere near 10.5 million per season. 

At least you're consistent.