• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Pre-Season Power Ranking in East

RonMexico

• Premium Member

I cant believe you think Bynum will even suit up. If he doesn't lose some weight his gimpy knees wont last very long at all.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I mean if we are projecting a rookie PF to be such a great SF why can't we saySchroder>IrvingAndBebe> Bynum/Varejao?Seriously, forgive us for not feeling that the 3rd worst team in the league last season is going to leapfrog to a 6th seed after only adding an oft injured big man on an unguaranteed contract and one of the biggest head scratching number 1 pick selection in a tragically weak draft class.

• Like 2

I mean if we are projecting a rookie PF to be such a great SF why can't we saySchröder>IrvingAndBebe> Bynum/Varejao?Seriously, forgive us for not feeling that the 3rd worst team in the league last season is going to leapfrog to a 6th seed after only adding an oft injured big man on an unguaranteed contract and one of the biggest head scratching number 1 pick selection in a tragically weak draft class.

No I'm saying that the number one of the draft will be better at a SF that a guy that has played from the bench his entire career and is not a starter... and I think is safe to make that statement, that does not mean Korver is not useful but is not a starter Edited by gurpilo

I cant believe you think Bynum will even suit up. If he doesn't lose some weight his gimpy knees wont last very long at all.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think he will play 60 games again this season, his choice was to play for Cleveland and he will do it, he did not choose to play for Philly

• Premium Member

I mean if we are projecting a rookie PF to be such a great SF why can't we saySchröder>IrvingAndBebe> Bynum/Varejao?Seriously, forgive us for not feeling that the 3rd worst team in the league last season is going to leapfrog to a 6th seed after only adding an oft injured big man on an unguaranteed contract and one of the biggest head scratching number 1 pick selection in a tragically weak draft class.

And to miss the playoffs completely, don't forget that we'll have to have another surprise team vault into the standings - along with a THIRD team like Milwuakee edging us out for the final spot.

This is like déjà vu from last season. You guys are hilarious. We are better than we were last season folks. And many of you thought we weren't going to make the playoffs then either. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No I'm saying that the number one of the draft will be better at a SF that a guy that has played from the bench his entire career and is not a starter... and I think is safe to make that statement, that does not mean Korver is not useful but is not a starter

Really? So Blake Griffin is a better SF than Korver because he was drafted 1st overall?. Kyrie too because the higher your draft selection the more capable you are of playing positions that you've never even sniffed before regardless of skillset, experience or physical attributes?Additionally, despite the near 20 pick difference between where Waiters and Jenkins were selected, Jenkins outperformed him in their rookie season. Why exactly Jenkins is being listed as the top SG over Louis though is a mystery. I guess it's part of the crazy strategy to make the Cavs look better than what they are kind of like their draft strategy of selecting Bennett, Waiters and Thompson over supremely more talented prospects as part of some bizarro plan to outsmart every scout and GM in the league. To put it simply, their draft position doesn't matter, they were/are all considered reaches. Kyrie is the only consensus pick that not even they could manage to screw up.

And to miss the playoffs completely, don't forget that we'll have to have another surprise team vault into the standings - along with a THIRD team like Milwuakee edging us out for the final spot.

Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Charlotte and even Boston can all go ahead of us, I see good chance that the first three pass Atlanta and not so much with Boston and Charlotte but I think the pieces fit well on both cases.

Ollynik can make a good duo with Humphies and they still have Sullinger, Brooks will be a good addition and they still have Rondo, Green, Bradley and Wallace.

Jefferson on the other hand will fill the huge void Charlotte had, Al and Zeller can make also a good duo, exactly what Charlotte has been lacking the last years, Walker is an up and coming player and so is Henderson, Kidd Gilchrist and Taylor

All this 5 teams are young teams that are supposed to improve every year, as we were doing since we drafted Josh Smith and traded for Teague, we improved every year, now we are not on that page.

In all honesty, I too think we will be better this year. As much as I loved Josh, just having him out of the picture will make us a real team actually working together to accomplish our goals. We have some great team players in Horford, Millsap, and Korver. I also think Teague blossoms a bit more without Josh taking up space and launching 5 to 7 horrible shots a game. Yes, the real addition by subtraction comes into play here WITHOUT JOSH SMITH.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

This is like déjà vu from last season. You guys are hilarious. We are better than we were last season folks. And many of you thought we weren't going to make the playoffs then either.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last year most people on HS said we were going to win around 40-45 wins..

TeagueJenkinsScottSchroederScottBebeAre all young too....So are HorfordWilliamsMillsapI guess there's absolutely zero improvement left in the roster.....so much so that the team can't even maintain its current success but will rather fall to beneath 30 wins.

No I'm saying that the number one of the draft will be better at a SF that a guy that has played from the bench his entire career and is not a starter... and I think is safe to make that statement, that does not mean Korver is not useful but is not a starter

You have nothing to back this up with.

TeagueJenkinsScottSchröderScottBebeAre all young too....So areHorfordWilliamsMillsapI guess there's absolutely zero improvement left in the roster.....so much so that the team can't even maintain its current success but will rather fall to beneath 30 wins.

The roster got a lot of potential but I see a major regression as well as others getting much better for 13-14.

Really? So Blake Griffin is a better SF than Korver because he was drafted 1st overall?. Kyrie too because the higher your draft selection the more capable you are of playing positions that you've never even sniffed before regardless of skillset, experience or physical attributes?

Additionally, despite the near 20 pick difference between where Waiters and Jenkins were selected, Jenkins outperformed him in their rookie season. Why exactly Jenkins is being listed as the top SG over Louis though is a mystery. I guess it's part of the crazy strategy to make the Cavs look better than what they are kind of like their draft strategy of selecting Bennett, Waiters and Thompson over supremely more talented prospects as part of some bizarro plan to outsmart every scout and GM in the league. To put it simply, their draft position doesn't matter, they were/are all considered reaches. Kyrie is the only consensus pick that not even they could manage to screw up.

This is hilarious, yo compare Bennett to Griffin, yo have no idea of this player my friend, do Blake shot 3pt at 0,38% converting more than one 3pt per game?, has Blake Griffin a reliable jump shot? Is Blake Griffin considered a tweener? Has LAC front office that they are going to try Griffin at SF? Bennett can play SF and although probably he will play more at PF, he is more similar to Josh Smith than to a typical PF, you guys considered Smith as an option at SF... you don't want to count on Bennett? Ok, even Gee and Karasev I would say are even with Korver. They would still be better at 3 positions at least.

Waiters outplayed by Jenkins?? Are you serious about that?

I forgot Lou as I forgot Jarret Jack, and Karasev, Thompson, Zeller, CJ Miles, Earl Clark... their bench is better also.

And finally the best argument, so if they selected some players at the draft with other better options available, does that mean we have better talent? Sorry?? So what we should say with Josh Childress, Marvin, Shelden Williams, Law..... Posted Image

They have a superstar on Irving surrounded by very good young talent at every positions, if Bynum plays 60 games I bet they can be slightly ahead of us.

You have nothing to back this up with.

Statistically I would say is very likely I'm right, I know what Korver has already given to the game. If you guys think that you are getting same production from Korver than on his contract year you are a little naive.

Statistically I would say is very likely I'm right, I know what Korver has already given to the game. If you guys think that you are getting same production from Korver than on his contract year you are a little naive.

Korver did the same thing he has always done. He simply played more minutes this season.

You don't know what the rookie will do as sometimes even the most hyped rookies struggle in their rookie season. Many are scratching their heads that Bennett was taken first.

If you look at win shares Korver has been consistent the last three seasons.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/korveky01.html

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I would be willing to make a bet with you that Bynum does not play 60 games. Not even 41.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Probably I would make the bet also...

From all the discussions seems that I am a Cleveland fan, I don't care about them just think you guys are overvaluing what we have and do not realize there are 3-4 teams that are improving considerably. Devin Harris, Josh Smith and Zaza Pachulia were solid contributors last year, we have replaced them with Milsap and Brand, for me they are worst than Smith and Zaza... and no replacement for Devin Harris, he defended well the SG position and cpntributed nice to the team, we are thinking Jenkins will take the job now but today there is a huge gap between both of them.