• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cole Aldrich is still available.

Diesel

I actually think he's a decent player. I saw him a bit last season including the Hawks opener vs the Rockets. The guy is tall and his athleticism really surprised me. I think he could be a good player.

• Premium Member

Agreed

I seriously don't know why sum of u guys want EVERYONE who happens to be available. Like are yall serious???

Aldrich averaged 3.3 points, 4.2 rebounds and .9 blocks a game in 11.7 minutes per game with Sacramento last year. He managed back-to-back double doubles (12 points, 12 rebounds against Houston and 12 points, 13 rebounds against Oklahoma City) in two of the Kings last games. It’s easy to overlook the big man with bigger names floating around, but he’d be an excellent 6th big man.

From Sacbee.

I'd feel more confident about signing a legit 7-foot center over Antić. Don't have anything personally against Antić, it just seems like need a center more than a guy who's apparently more of a PF. And Aldrich put on a good show with the limited minutes he got.

Cole Aldrich brings the Hawks zero new fans. Antić has already brought at least 5 new ones to Hawksquawk alone. I love the thought of us gaining more and more of an international fan base and even if he's no better than Aldrich, which I'm not sure is the case, I'm okay with it simply because of our new fans.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Cole Aldrich brings the Hawks zero new fans. Antić has already brought at least 5 new ones to Hawksquawk alone. I love the thought of us gaining more and more of an international fan base and even if he's no better than Aldrich, which I'm not sure is the case, I'm okay with it simply because of our new fans.

Hell, Hanno brought plenty of fans.. and at the end of the day, we were still losing.

We can't win with gimmicks and popularity contests. We lack size. Cole has size, he's young, he's a better athlete than he looks, he's a shot blocker. He should be pretty cheap.

I don't see what we have to lose on this guy. He's looked ok when I've seen him. He's exactly the kind of big guy we should be looking to develop. Sign him, give him a season and if he sucks, try someone else. Its so annoying that this team passes up on available bigs year after year.

Hell, Hanno brought plenty of fans.. and at the end of the day, we were still losing. We can't win with gimmicks and popularity contests. We lack size. Cole has size, he's young, he's a better athlete than he looks, he's a shot blocker. He should be pretty cheap.

Think for a moment Diesel. If he were really a young athletic shot blocker with size, don't you think he'd have an offer from someone? He's a free agent because he's garbage.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you Dolf. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten an offer yet but I definitely wouldn't call him garbage. And I'm somebody that usually HATES big white stiff guys. When you look at him he looks like a stiff but when he plays he's super athletic. I would give him a 2 year 2.5 million deal.

Explain why teams are going after guys like Oden and Bynum and Mozgov and in a league desperate for centers tore not even hearing of interest in this guy. There's a reason for it! He may be athletic for a big stiff but big deal. Zaza is one of the most unathletic bigs in the league but he's made millions because he has some skill. Aldrich simply has little to none, that's why he's a journeyman who may not even be on a team this year.

• Like 1