• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons should trade for A. Peterson

Diesel

• Premium Member

"Dallas traded Walker and four draft picks to the Vikings for five players and eight draft picks, including their first-round selection for the next three years."

I would be willing to gamble like the Vikes did. I would send Jackson, and 3 first rounders for A. Peterson

Ryan, Gonzalas, White, and Peterson = Playoffs for sure.

This cracks me up because some guys on my Dolphins forums have posted preposterous ideas like this. The Vikings ARE NOT going to trade Peterson to anyone, why would they? He's in a league of his own and teams have also learned that you don't build a team by giving up a boatload of picks for a single guy, especially a guy who had major knee reconstruction just 2 years ago. Haven't Falcons fans learned how much you need those picks for depth purposes?

This cracks me up because some guys on my Dolphins forums have posted preposterous ideas like this. The Vikings ARE NOT going to trade Peterson to anyone, why would they? He's in a league of his own and teams have also learned that you don't build a team by giving up a boatload of picks for a single guy, especially a guy who had major knee reconstruction just 2 years ago. Haven't Falcons fans learned how much you need those picks for depth purposes?

This. Draft picks are way more valuable in the Nfl than the NBA. We are still reeling from the Julio trade. Trading more would almost guarantee our team would only be good for a season or two. Its more important to have a well rounded team due to the prevalence of injuries. Matt Ryan gets hurt and having AP wouldn't help at all because our d would still suck
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, Peterson is great... however, the Vikes have nothing around him. He's wasted and when his contract is up, they are going to lose him anyway. Bottom line is that they have failed. This is going the Barry Sanders route it seems. So they can take a page from their own history and Rebuild with first rounders. My point is what do Championship teams do?

You talk and squawk about Depth, but Championship teams aquire talent not just Depth.

Well the Falcons have a ton of talent and no depth, how's that working out for them?And the Vikings do have talent around Peterson and now you're going to see how good they can be with an NFL caliber QB back there instead of a guy who should he a backup like Ponder.