• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford is probably going to want out soon...

ATLscrubLove

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/10/28/morning-tip-season-2013-14-predictions-whats-next-for-al-horford-atlanta-hawks-lebron-james-qa/index.html

"But I see his vision in a way," Horford said. "He wants us to be a team that plays with more pace, that plays faster, very similar to how San Antonio played. To me, as far as players' vision, I don't really, Danny and I don't really talk about that. To me, I'm just kind of focusing on what we have now. I'm sure when the time comes, he'll talk to me about certain issues, what we should do with the team."

Horford has two years left on the five-year, $60 million extension he got from Atlanta in 2010. He can see his former University of Florida teammate, Joakim Noah, with a similar deal in Chicago -- and with Derrick Rose. He can see the Heat and the Knicks and the Nets, loaded up with multiple stars, trying to win now -- and the Cavaliers and Wizards of the east getting better.

"I do realize that, and I do want to win. I do want to be in a really good position to compete. I wonder. I do wonder what's going to be our next move as a team. But for now, all I can focus on is this team, this year. But absolutely -- I want to compete. I want to be part of a winning, successful, championship team. I do trust that Danny's moving in the right direction, but like you said, I have been in seven years already. Some things are going to have to happen the next few years." -

• Like 1

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/10/28/morning-tip-season-2013-14-predictions-whats-next-for-al-horford-atlanta-hawks-lebron-james-qa/index.html

"But I see his vision in a way," Horford said. "He wants us to be a team that plays with more pace, that plays faster, very similar to how San Antonio played. To me, as far as players' vision, I don't really, Danny and I don't really talk about that. To me, I'm just kind of focusing on what we have now. I'm sure when the time comes, he'll talk to me about certain issues, what we should do with the team."

Horford has two years left on the five-year, $60 million extension he got from Atlanta in 2010. He can see his former University of Florida teammate, Joakim Noah, with a similar deal in Chicago -- and with Derrick Rose. He can see the Heat and the Knicks and the Nets, loaded up with multiple stars, trying to win now -- and the Cavaliers and Wizards of the east getting better.

"I do realize that, and I do want to win. I do want to be in a really good position to compete. I wonder. I do wonder what's going to be our next move as a team. But for now, all I can focus on is this team, this year. But absolutely -- I want to compete. I want to be part of a winning, successful, championship team. I do trust that Danny's moving in the right direction, but like you said, I have been in seven years already. Some things are going to have to happen the next few years." -

Ferry needs to get something done... If we do not trade up in the 2014 draft I have no hope in this franchise.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

Ferry needs to get something done... If we do not trade up in the 2014 draft I have no hope in this franchise.

If this draft is what it's billed to be, there will be no trading up to the top part of this draft. If we want a top pick in this draft, it'll have to be earned.

At this point, I hope we do trade him. We won't be in a position to do anything of significance for a while and he deserves to have a shot to win a title.

I hope he can put up 20-10 by the All-Star break so we can trade him for multiple 2014 draft picks and a good filler. No need in keeping a guy who doesn't believe in the system.

If this draft is what it's billed to be, there will be no trading up to the top part of this draft. If we want a top pick in this draft, it'll have to be earned.

That's true. None of the lottery teams are gonna want to trade their picks unless you really entice them... We need to tank.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope he can put up 20-10 by the All-Star break so we can trade him for multiple 2014 draft picks and a good filler. No need in keeping a guy who doesn't believe in the system.

But who has multiple 2014 picks that are worth anything, let alone be willing to give them up for Horford? You can already cross of any teams in the tank-a-thon.

But who has multiple 2014 picks that are worth anything, let alone be willing to give them up for Horford? You can already cross of any teams in the tank-a-thon.

I would really really really really hope that Pheonix would have atleast some interest in Horford. A guy can only hope. Right now, tanking is the only way this team can improve.

• Premium Member

I would really really really really hope that Pheonix would have atleast some interest in Horford. A guy can only hope. Right now, tanking is the only way this team can improve.

Pheonix has zero interest in winning right now. Their eyes are on getting a star and Horford wouldn't that effort. If the Hawks are smart (doubtful), they would seek to earn their own top pick this year.

Doesn't matter what "system" you have if you don't have the right players to make it work. We are not the Spurs people. There is no magical system that's going to suddenly make Tropicana Orange Juice out of plain ole Tang.

lol, mmmm....tang. A blast from the past.

And I hope the team that gets him has him playing Center. Good ridden if he wants out already. Give the system a chance Al.

Im sure he wouldnt mind playing center if he atleast got to play for something. If chris bosh was forced to play center on a 40 win 1st round exit team he would probably complain too.

• Like 4

FYI, Al is under contract for 3 whole seasons not 2. No option years or nada so what is this fret over him leaving? He can't even pull that card for another 2 full seasons unless he thinks he's Stephen Jackson and just asks out of a situation right after he's already signed a longterm deal. Maaaaan, I'm yearning for the quiet Joe days.

• Premium Member

Horford has always been pretty honest in his assessment of the team and its direction. I don't see anything wrong here, we all know that he won't stick around if we don't win and bring in more talent. Who would?

• Like 2