• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford is probably going to want out soon...

ATLscrubLove

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, I looked through the emoticon list and still couldn't find it.

Good news, I found that mother fPosted Imageer.

It is the "sungum" where you replace the quotes with : and :. I'm going to be using this a lot more now that I found it.

• Premium Member

Uhm........we railed on them too. Besides the apologists, we didn't make excuses for why they couldn't reach a certain potential but instead called them out for their style of play, decision making, and contracts being a huge part of the problem they were "challenging" with their comments.

In addition...........He's a f***ing star or at least he's supposed to be. In a day and age where you are seeing stars convincincing other stars to come play with them, why is he putting the onus squarely on management instead of recognizing that he is the one that can do more to secure these players for the franchise? Open up that rolodex (they still have those?), pick up the tab at the strip club or bar whenever these guys are in town, go run hills together in the offseason, get to meet their kids, whatever. Do what it takes, sell the team yourself instead of sitting back and bitching that you didn't get everything that you wanted.

Because he can't. Horf is not really a star. He's not a guy who can take over a game. He's a guy who at the end of the game you say... "Gee, he had that many points?". His play is not so game changing because teams can shut him down. What star wants to play with a quasi-star?? So yes, Horf is realiant on our GM to present a Plan to the free agent or to trade for a player who can make the difference. I mean, it is their job.

Moreover, Horf recognizes that this team is built wrong. We have known it from the gettyup. This team lacks a true big man. Especially now with Zaza gone. Sap is a duplication of Horf and the leadership is telling Horf to be the big man we needs. But then he has Gortat, Lopez, Noah, Jefferson, Birdman, Chandler, and every other big besides Dwight, Duncan, and Davis (3Ds) pounding down on him every night.

He can't last that long. He's going to force us to trade him because we've never entertained his demand.

The tank talk at this point is a little short-sighted. There's no point in tanking if we're just going to swap picks with the Nets, because we can't tank and become worse than them. This team without Horford is still an 8th seed - not to mention we'd get assets in return.

Develop what we have in a winning culture and move forward with the Nets pick. Hell, our pick will likely be higher if we play to win this season. We haven't played the Nets yet and the more we win, the better our pick is.

As far as what Horford said, I don't necessarily think he's asking to be traded. He wants management to step it up. But within a year, that will have happened with another offseason (with a great draft pick) to retool. Ideal situation would be trade for an expiring Center that could start alongside Horford.

Yep. Time to get rid of the guy.

He can't possibly play center in the NBA. Since Jeff Teague is not "a true" PG,

let's trade both of them for draft picks in next year's draft.

We know that no one would give us a lottery pick for either of them and probably

not for both of them together but perhaps we could get something out of them.

Forget about the fact that, with these two leading the way, the Hawks are winning.

Quit trying to confuse us with facts. We've already made up our mind.

Posted Image