• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is wrong with some of yall!?!?!?

Bonkers

No one is really discussing the Elephant in the room. How do we get a superstar that can turn this franchise from middle of the pack, to contention?

I havent watched lots of Hawks, only the pre-season games, since I only jumped on the bandwagon since Schröder was drafted, but I think Horford could very well grow even better when he gets to play on PF with some better guards, which I believe Schröder could grow out to be. I think Teague is at his roof potentially and not an ideal PG to a dominant PF and Korver is just very limited and to me more a quality bench asset.

I think Hawks should defintly hold on to Horford, make him a centerpiece and give him the feeling he is and make him play where he is best and try and trade some OK but interchangable players for one quality SG or C.

I would hold on to Teague and Carrol though.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

So, we're a crappy enough team to be in the lottery, and then, Poof!!. We draft a "superstar" and suddenly we go from crappy to champions? Marvin was supposed to be a "can't miss" prospect and look what happened when we drafted him. How do we know we're going to get anything worthwhile? What if they end up being a "bust" like Marvin?

I don't think this roster is good enough to win that much, so I won't be too disappointed if we miss the playoffs this year. But if your established players (e.g. Horford), get tired of waiting through rebuild after rebuild they will simply leave when free agency comes around. Then you've got a "superstar" and his 12 flunkies. I don't really see tanking as a real solution. If you're bad enough to lose on purpose, then I don't think the addition of a "superstar" will do anything other than put you back into playoff mediocrity.

• Moderators

Trust me. I hear y'all anti-tankers viewpoints. My issue is that we've seen how the treadmill story ends. Why try to hang on to this ridiculous playoff streak knowing full well it ends in an early-round exit? It's comical to see Hawks reps saying we've been in the playoffs more years in a row than Miami, etc. That's embarrassing.

I want to see us try something different. There's nothing wrong with building through the draft and being patient as the team grows. Mind you, I've been a Hawks fan since the '80's and I'm not going anywhere so a few losing seasons won't bother me as long as there's some rhyme or reason to it.

The only thing that worries me is I don't think we're in good hands from a GM perspective (but that's a whole other topic of discussion).

To your comment about the vets wanting out, I'll be shocked, shocked if Horford doesn't request a trade soon regardless.

Except that isn't something different. Its exactly what we did when BK took over. Tanked, hit the lottery for years. Was out of the playoffs for what 6 years and then became that treadmill team. So that didn't work so well just as it doesn't work most of the time. Of course when it works its spectacular but its still a long shot.

• Premium Member

Trust me. I hear y'all anti-tankers viewpoints. My issue is that we've seen how the treadmill story ends. Why try to hang on to this ridiculous playoff streak knowing full well it ends in an early-round exit? It's comical to see Hawks reps saying we've been in the playoffs more years in a row than Miami, etc. That's embarrassing.

I want to see us try something different. There's nothing wrong with building through the draft and being patient as the team grows. Mind you, I've been a Hawks fan since the '80's and I'm not going anywhere so a few losing seasons won't bother me as long as there's some rhyme or reason to it.

The only thing that worries me is I don't think we're in good hands from a GM perspective (but that's a whole other topic of discussion).

To your comment about the vets wanting out, I'll be shocked, shocked if Horford doesn't request a trade soon regardless.

Well if you, like me, is a Hawks fan since the 80s then you should be worried about the time it would take to grow a contender that was built through the draft. We're not immortals, you know.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

If the Hawks are going to "tank" the season and lose all those winnable

games so that they have a chance for a high lottery pick, what guarantee

do we have that we will get that one pick that we just gotta have?

We've had our super star picks already. Two I can remember. Both are gone.

One was the recent Marvin and the other is Mr. Candice Parker, one of the

very best players in the WNBA (She's a lot better player than he is)!

You've heard the commercial, "If you are a real sports fan, then you've gotta have - - -

Well, if the Hawks are going to tank, then, if you are a real NBA fan, you gotta have

a team to root for. Who? And why? And, don't say, the Hawks because they are

in the tank.

Maybe one of those teams with ex Hawk players or coaches?

Personally, I'm still a Hawk fan and don't approve of tanking the season. Yeah, I'm

a little crazy and mixed up, but that's just me. All I can say is - - - - -

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

I root for the Hawks to get a good player, what is wrong with that? I don't want to root for a barely watchable game, I don't want to root for a middle of the pack 1st round loss, I want to root for a good roster.

• Like 1

See here is the thing. I would watch and root more knowing the direction of the team. If we are terrible but rebuilding I could get behind the Cinderella thing. If we are competitive I could get behind that too of course. But putting a scrappy product on the floor to stay middle of the pack over and over? ASG isn't fooling many of us anymore.Be honest with your fan base and give us something to pay attention to either by winning or tanking, no fan wouldn't root for either. We just don't want to root for status quo. Remember the fans are your business, it is am entertainment industry. And we are not entertained.See here is the thing. I would watch and root more knowing the direction of the team. If we are terrible but rebuilding I could get behind the Cinderella thing. If we are competitive I could get behind that too of course. But putting a scrappy product on the floor to stay middle of the pack over and over? ASG isn't fooling many of us anymore.Be honest with your fan base and give us something to pay attention to either by winning or tanking, no fan wouldn't root for either. We just don't want to root for status quo. Remember the fans are your business, it is am entertainment industry. And we are not entertained.