• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minutes Distribution: Hawks vs Knicks - ( 11.13.2013 )

TheNorthCydeRises

PG: Teague (39) - Schröder (9)G: Korver (36) - Cartier (11) - Teague (1)SF: Carroll (33) - Cartier (15)PF: Millsap (32) - Scott (16)C: Horford (35) - Antić (13)A tight 9 man rotation for Bud last night. Cartier Martin looks to have the 6th man role locked up as of now.Why Antić got 13 minutes in that game last night is beyond me. He needs to guard low post bigs, not guys who roam the perimeter. This should've been a 40+ minute game for Horford, but he only had 35. Play Al heavy minutes vs marquee opponents and let others do their thing vs lesser teams.Schröder only logged 9 minutes ... because he was shaky as hell. I hate to say it, but he's been looking overwhelmed lately. And if that's the case, it may be wise for Bud to sit him down for a few games, and see if Mack can bring some continuity to that 2nd team.

• Like 1

Agree. Al should be begging not to come out of big games. I thinking Brand could've done something better than Antić last night. All he would've been thinking about is how Charmin Soft Barngani is and take it right to him. And Shredder will look like a totally different player next year after rigorous traffic dribbling drills and an intense weight gain regiment. I was hoping he'd be better than Darren Collison out the gate as a rookie. Unfortunately, he isn't nearly as good. There should also be a cap on how many threes Carrolle takes, and a distance cap on Scott's jumpers. 2 and 17 feet, respectively.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I think we could have used Brand also. I like that Coach Bud isn't playing this like its game 7 though. LD and Woody played every game like it was their last or like we were in desperation mode. Yeah i would have liked to have won but i'm not convinced playing Horford 40 minutes would have made that happen. We still look like a very confident team, a team that believes it can beat anybody and so far we've been right there with everyone.

Strongly disagree on Horford playing 40 minutes. Coach Bud had to give him a little breather with about 6 minutes go in the game b/c he was totally gased. You don't want to burn your guys out early in the year. The Spurs organization never did that.

Hubie Brown continually pounded home the point of how good a shape the Hawks players must be in to run our movement offense and uptempo style. Guys are continually moving without the ball and continually push the pace when the opportunity arises. Horford's 35 mpg for Coach Bud is like 45 mpg in Woody's walk it up / iso offense. That is why Teague's 39 minutes were so impressive last night.

Schröder was over whelmed last night. I agree on that.

• Like 1

I keep hoping that Antić has a break out game, and I kind of think that the coaches are looking for that too. I believe Antić and Ayón will be key for us long term so they are going to have to get minutes to develop. But why didn't Brand play at all? We could have dominated inside against Bargnani.

Strongly disagree on Horford playing 40 minutes. Coach Bud had to give him a little breather with about 6 minutes go in the game b/c he was totally gased. You don't want to burn your guys out early in the year. The Spurs organization never did that.

I dunno coachx...why the h#ll not play AL (over a slug like Pero) in a game we were winning on ESPN against the Knicks?

Let's be honest...AL isn't very tall and he isn't very bulky...but he is lithe and should be in shape...and he's a lot better than Pero - even semi-pooped. Goodness gracious, you woud think playing 40 minutes in a basketball game with all the breaks for calls, timeouts, quarters,and a halftime was like running a marathon.

I hold that we would have likely won that game with better coaching decisions. I can understand a guy like Elton getting pooped - and I can understand a guy like AL getting pooped if he is getting beat up against a very physical center - but going against Bargs? WTF - he should have been able to play 40+ easy.