• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why isn't Kyle Korver..

uga2006

shooting more? I noticed he only had 6 attempts last night while DMC had 14? There should never be a game where DMC has more shot attempts than Korver. The reason we lost the Knicks game is when Korver got hot we stopped feeding him the ball while Horford shot an ugly jump shot where he just kept with that terrible jab step for like 7 seconds that no one will bite on. Korver is shooting 55% and for a jump shooter that is insane. Korver is starting to become one of the all time best shooters in NBA history. He may not be great in other areas but no one can deny the assassin like shooter that he is. Korver needs more shots and the coaching staff needs to figure out ways to get him those shots.

For all practical purposes, Kyle is on the coaching staff. I'm not too concerned about his attempts, but I can see your issue. He only takes good shots. Whether its 5 or 15, I don't think he cares all that much. He's as team-oriented as you can possibly be, so he'd be the last to mumble about shots. As phenomenal a shooter as he is, I think his intangibles and little things he does on the court damn near equal his marksmanship. But yeah, I'd rather Kyle shoot a three a couple feet behind the line with two defenders than Carrolle wide open in the corner.

• Like 1

Because they leave DMC open a lot more than Korver, who is rarely open. Hard to get shots off when a defender is in your face and you're not the type of player to be able to create space.

This!

Yeah their going to live with DMC making 3s over korver….hell I hope DMC has a game tonight like he did last night on the perimeter! He was lights out!

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's the thing about efficienct shooters. They only take good shots. The last thing I want is for this team to start being inefficent and I don't mind DMC taking open shots. At least he hits a few and knows his role - 3 & D.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Because they leave DMC open a lot more than Korver, who is rarely open. Hard to get shots off when a defender is in your face and you're not the type of player to be able to create space.

Exactly! It's not hard to figure out.

Whenever Korver is open for a three the guy will take the shot. The opposing team knows that he is a huge three point threat and rarely leaves him open. DMC is going to have a lot of wide open threes unless he starts hitting them at a more consistent clip.

• Like 1

The other thing to add, is that Korver can't or doesn't create his own shot. This will also justify why his shot attempts are relatively low. Also his lack of speedd and athleticism hinders him as well.So while Korver is a great SHOOTER, he'll never be a great SCORER. He's too highly dependent on other people to get him shots, whether it be via assists or via screens to get him open.

Obviously Korver doesn't do well to create shots for himself but they need to run more screens for him. There have been several players in the NBA who couldn't create for them self and were still very productive scorers. Even when korver has someone in his face he's so deadly that he still makes those shots. Yes he makes a great deal of shots but some of the 3's he takes just make no sense yet he routinely makes them.

Korver had a 4 point play tonight. We once had a player who was famous

for this.

Korver is constantly on the move and has a defender chasing him or he

quietly settles in the corner with his defender and lets the team play

4 on 4 offense.

He makes it a habit of grabbing his % of rebounds also so he is more than

just a shooter.

Great 20 point win in the Garden tonight!

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1