• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate being a Eastern Conference team

NBASupes

The seven years, we could have literally been drafting from 1st to 8th every year in the East but because we are in the East, we have to be playoff teams when we are clearly not good enough. I am tired of this. Is this really your 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference. Really?

Posted Image

• Premium Member

I have been watching more Pelicans games lately and I have to admit I'm very jealous of those fans. Anthony Davis is 6'10" with a freaking 7'6" wing span who looks like he's going to be the best big man in the league for the next ten years. I wish we had someone on our roster with that kind of ceiling.

I feel kinda feel you. I didnt think the east was gonna be this bad. as decent as the hawks could be...i dont want any props by default.

These Hawks are your average 8th to 11th place team in the East that is 3rd place due to how bad the East is.

We've had a rough couple of games but I think we're better than that. We're not much worse (if any) than last year.

We are worse overall and talent wise. We are better in terms of playing style and ball movement. We lack the bench and our starting lineup has guys who have NO business in the starting five. DMC is closer to a reserve than a starter. Last year, we were 6th seed, only worse playoff teams were Boston and Milwaukee. Milwaukee is the worst team in the NBA right now.

• Moderators

The East is actually really good....at tanking. Celtics, sixers, bobcats, bucks, raptors, magic arent' really trying that hard as an organization to win this year. Couple that with the pistons, knicks, nets and cleveland being flat out incompetent and your left with 4 teams that give a shoot and the Bulls just lost their franchise.

Its a crazy year and its going to get worse as the race out of the playoffs in the east will be intense.

The worst part for me is that we have a legitimate chance at being the 3rd seed this year and it means nothing. The only hope this franchise has for the near future is that the Nets are as bad as advertised.

Yea. And a boatload of movable contracts and capspace for trade and free agent signings. Of course, we don't attract free agents unless they're on phenomenal contracts like Millsap and Lou Williams and a retained Teague. And the right to swap picks with a probably even worse Nets team again next year. And internal growth from players like Schröder and Jenkins and Bebe and Muscala and our upcoming picks (which will be pretty good at worst, great at best), and even Mike Scott. And the hope that our team gels more as it becomes more used to the offense.

That's our only hope. It sure is bleak out there.

Yea. And a boatload of movable contracts and capspace for trade and free agent signings. Of course, we don't attract free agents unless they're on phenomenal contracts like Millsap and Lou Williams and a retained Teague. And the right to swap picks with a probably even worse Nets team again next year. And internal growth from players like Schröder and Jenkins and Bebe and Muscala and our upcoming picks (which will be pretty good at worst, great at best), and even Mike Scott. And the hope that our team gels more as it becomes more used to the offense. That's our only hope. It sure is bleak out there.

Maybe I came off a bit negative in my post, but as has been mentioned numerous times, if we are going to contend for anything, we need a superstar player. As far as 'movable contracts', those are short term and will only get you similar talent in return-not enough talent to make us contenders. As far as our rookies, Jenkins has like terrible and he's only as useful as his shooting takes him, which hasn't been very far this season. Mike Scott however has been playing well which is nice to see. I honestly have no opinion on Schröder because if I said something it would be unfair. I also liked what I saw out of Bebe in SL but I think Ferry made a mistake by sending him to Spain. Still, if your goal as a franchise is to win a championship then I'm still right. The only hope of obtaining the talent needed to win a championship right now is the Nets sucking which I did point out. Face it we're not doing anything as a franchise right now. We're fielding a team that's not ready to contend yet we haven't a)tanked or b)acquired young talent. Ferry's done a good job, but you can't say we have a good foreseeable future unless you're satisfied with 2nd round sweeps and good ball movement.

Yea. And a boatload of movable contracts and capspace for trade and free agent signings. Of course, we don't attract free agents unless they're on phenomenal contracts like Millsap and Lou Williams and a retained Teague. And the right to swap picks with a probably even worse Nets team again next year. And internal growth from players like Schröder and Jenkins and Bebe and Muscala and our upcoming picks (which will be pretty good at worst, great at best), and even Mike Scott. And the hope that our team gels more as it becomes more used to the offense.

That's our only hope. It sure is bleak out there.

Moveable contracts isn't going to help us. We need assets. We really don't have any. That's the problem. The ones we have, we aren't trading. Jeff is not on the block. Horf is not on the block. Our pick will not be on the block. Dennis and Bebe are not on the block. We can't get assets without that. Sap on the block can only get you so much as well as Korver.

Moveable contracts isn't going to help us. We need assets. We really don't have any. That's the problem. The ones we have, we aren't trading. Jeff is not on the block. Horf is not on the block. Our pick will not be on the block. Dennis and Bebe are not on the block. We can't get assets without that. Sap on the block can only get you so much as well as Korver.

1) Moveable contracts are assets to varying degrees.

2) I think everybody is on the block if the right deal were to come up.

Maybe I came off a bit negative in my post, but as has been mentioned numerous times, if we are going to contend for anything, we need a superstar player. As far as 'movable contracts', those are short term and will only get you similar talent in return-not enough talent to make us contenders.As far as our rookies, Jenkins has like terrible and he's only as useful as his shooting takes him, which hasn't been very far this season. Mike Scott however has been playing well which is nice to see. I honestly have no opinion on Schröder because if I said something it would be unfair. I also liked what I saw out of Bebe in SL but I think Ferry made a mistake by sending him to Spain.Still, if your goal as a franchise is to win a championship then I'm still right. The only hope of obtaining the talent needed to win a championship right now is the Nets sucking which I did point out. Face it we're not doing anything as a franchise right now. We're fielding a team that's not ready to contend yet we haven't a)tanked or b)acquired young talent. Ferry's done a good job, but you can't say we have a good foreseeable future unless you're satisfied with 2nd round sweeps and good ball movement.

We've acquired some young talent. We're still in the process of acquiring more. Considering Ferry has shaken up the team so much over the course of a season and a half, I doubt he'll just sit on his hands for the next 4 years.

1) Moveable contracts are assets to varying degrees.

2) I think everybody is on the block if the right deal were to come up.

We've acquired some young talent. We're still in the process of acquiring more. Considering Ferry has shaken up the team so much over the course of a season and a half, I doubt he'll just sit on his hands for the next 4 years.

Our draft pick isn't on the block at least till we know where we are selecting from.

Horf is on the block for the right price but no one is going to offer us that.

Jeff is likely not on the block and if he was, would it net us what we need is unlikely.

Dennis like Giannis has a high ceiling so we want to at least keep him for three years and then decide from there like we did with Josh Smith.

With very raw young guys, it is best to let them develop first with you before you do something stupid and trade them.

I kinda of agree. I hate being out east make us look better than we actually are when we really aren't that good at all.

I remember when we had that stretch when we got out of the 1st round 3 straight years mostly cause the teams we were playing were pretty weak then the owners (I think it was them) pulled out a ridiculous stat comparing us to the lakers and celtics to try to justify that that the team was really good team and we should keep the core together when it was obvious the core reached its ceiling.

The stat was like "Only the celtics, lakers, and hawks were able to get out of the 1st round for the past 3 years".

We know damn well if we were out west we probably would have only made the playoffs 1 of those years (09-10 season) and would of most likely gotten destroyed in the 1st round.