• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saban to Texas

GST

Nothing official yet, but the Texas people are talking like it's a done deal, announcement Monday or Tuesday, big money with part of it coming from private interests. There is really nothing coming from Alabama people, other than waiting a week for Saban to sign a contract extension for $7 mil a year.

• Like 1

Summary of Blog Talk radio show tonight:http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/135854-University-of-Texas-Ready-to-Make-Nick-Saban-Huge-Offer?p=6105393&viewfull=1#post6105393

* regarding Saban's contract: "there's never been another one like it, half public and half private"* Includes side deal that may not be known to anyone (???)

There is a TX fan on Tigerdroppings saying this:

UT boosters have already bought saban's 40 million dollar debt and UT is incorporating it into the deal.Basically told Nick that he and his family including his grandchildren would never have to worry about anything financially again.

The big debt evidently is about Saban getting sucked into a development investment that went bad.

I heard mentioned 10 years and 100 million, which is just insane if you ask me. I hate Nick Saban but this is a really bold move to get a great college coach, minus the enormous mistake he made against Auburn. I certainly wouldn't trust him to stay for that entire contract though.

Here is a post I copied off of TD that hints at Saban's financial situation:re: Saban to Texas | Flight Tracking | Crimson Silence 2013 | UPDATED 11:45am (Posted on 12/12/13 at 12:34 pm to TutHillTiger)This is my post that was lifted from last night and I found with the links on a Kansas football site. (LOL)There's an apartment complex in Houston (Watermarke Apartments) that's under water. Your pal Nick Saban is 49.5% owner of AND he is PERSONAL guarantor on the note. He currently pays interest only so the note won't default. If the note defaults that's a $25MM judgement against him.A Texas Based bankruptcy firm (Weston Legal) had a very in-depth article up about it until 3 days ago and - BOOM - it's magically disappeared (although a Google Cached version is here: LINK to the cached article.).Anyway, if he gets out from under that loan that's an additional seven figures a year that goes back in his pocket from not having to pay the interest AND he gets out from under the impending crush of a $25MM debt.This is all public record, courtesy of the Texas Secretary of State (search for Beltway 8 Associates LP) and the Harris County (TX) clerk of court and its one of the most poorly kept secrets in the Baton Rouge Real Estate business community.Now the apartment debt is bad enough, but because of Perkins Rowe, Tommy Spinosa had to file Chapter 11 to protect his creditors from seizing his assets, which leaves Nick Squarely in the crosshairs of that $25MM.Again, this is all a matter of public record (Bankruptcy filings and mortgages always are public records) should you choose to look it up yourself.Thank You, this is it, The loan was owned by Compass Bank and the story in the legal community was whether Compass was going to go after Saban for the 25 million. This was during 2011 near the game of the decade. They obviously sold the loan off to avoid doing that.Is that that Bank that Joe Jamal has some ownership in btw?Saban is basically insolvent unless this is cleared up. If Texans have the loans, they have their man I would think. Game set and match.

It's a mess in Austin:http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chip-Brown-Mack-Brown-threatened-to-go-public

Mack Brown is apparently blaming press leaks for his unhappiness, but he threatened to go public with the details about the regents and the boosters’ attempt to get Saban for two years. That word got to Saban’s camp almost immediately and within an hour he had re-upped with Alabama. And Mack Brown’s future is still totally in limbo. There are billionaires at Texas that want to know why Mack Brown is still the football coach and there is not an offer being made to Nick Saban. That’s where we are. It is amazing. It is amazing.

Why Texas Was So Sure They'd Get Nick Saban:http://www.chatsports.com/texas-longhorns/a/Exclusive-Why-Texas-Was-So-Sure-Theyd-Get-Nick-Saban-10-136-666

One of Saban’s close associates reaches back out to Longhorns boosters:“Had to sign the extension, too much heat. If you guys can wait, lets talk after January 2nd.”Hope is alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Al Golden is leaving Miami for PSU, Charlie Strong (Louisville), or James Franklin (Vanderbilt) are leading the rumor mill for UTx, wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up in Miami.

If Golden actually leaves, and I think that I hope he does, there's a chance that Rob Chudzinski could come back to The U and get the program back on it's feet for real.

Texas has to be feeling pretty bad that they couldn't get one of the Harbaughs, Saban or even Mora and are having to go with Strong. He might end up being a great choice but I'd sure rather have a guy who knows what it takes to coach at a major program.

In the end any team that doesn't end up with Saban will be better in the long run for it. Not unless you've got pictures of him De La Hoya style all dressed up as a girl to use as leverage cause he will ditch your program at the first sign of something better on the horizon.