• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

You knew after that thread about Teague sucking that he would be big. Missed a lot of shots but i'm sure bud is fine with that as long as he is attacking and distributing. Brand still has it. Love the way Bud uses and doesn't over use him. He will be key in the playoffs.

Great second half. Why the hell did the Lakers just keep running that play where Kobe tries to post up from the corner and makes wild passes. I swear they ran that same play 10 times in a row in the fourth. It worked great like once.

• Like 1

Great shot distribution and 32 assists? I hate that the game went back and forth. With a hobbled Kobe, Bud should outclass D'Antoni with his eyes closed. This team is a step ahead of what I thought, mainly because I underestimated Milsap's steadiness. With Bud looking like a second or third year coach and Jeff staying aggressive, I think we're pretty much locked into a third seed barring major injury. I worry about our DNP-CDs though. They should be contributing, hopefully they take it personal that Bud went with a tight lineup against an inferior team and show him something. Let's Go.

Great shot distribution and 32 assists? I hate that the game went back and forth. With a hobbled Kobe, Bud should outclass D'Antoni with his eyes closed. This team is a step ahead of what I thought, mainly because I underestimated Milsap's steadiness. With Bud looking like a second or third year coach and Jeff staying aggressive, I think we're pretty much locked into a third seed barring major injury. I worry about our DNP-CDs though. They should be contributing, hopefully they take it personal that Bud went with a tight lineup against an inferior team and show him something. Let's Go.

Brooklyn is starting to look stronger.

• Moderators

You guys know ESPN's playbook by now. They have a lowest common denominator approach to most of their coverage where they select a number of players and teams and focus on them like crazy. It is a ratings philosophy. They think that showing excessive coverage on these teams in large cities with large fan bases will generate interest in those teams and players beyond their own fan bases because their excessive coverage means that the viewers are familiar with those teams and those issues and so the additional coverage has meaning to them. Turning an audience into a more educated and sophisticated group of NBA fans is much harder, so the thinking goes, and so they can't spread their coverage to all teams in the league because that won't be as interesting as repeated coverage on a small number of teams and players. Other media outlets do this as well (think of coverage of certain celebrities for example). So you know you are getting this basic story line from ESPN programming:

"Team from LA/NY/Bos wins over irrelevant opponent. Celebrate the success!!!!!"

or

"Team from LA/NY/Bos loses to irrelevant opponent. Is there controversy in the air?"

I just waited nearly an hour to watch sportscenter after missing the hawks game, not checking scores for 6 hours, not checking my texts in case friends texted stuff about the game, avoided human contact and for what...SPORTSCENTER SHOWING 6 Kobe lowlights and not 1 Hawk highlight ...U SERIOUS...I've said this before but I HATE ESPN....burn in hell espn.

Man, you didn't catch one of the Sportcenters after the Wizards game where Neil Everett blatantly said "If we are showing Atlanta and Washington as #3 in our highlights then you know something good actually happened" while chuckling.

I was like "Really ESPN? You're not even gonna be covert about your hate anymore?"

Man, you didn't catch one of the Sportcenters after the Wizards game where Neil Everett blatantly said "If we are showing Atlanta and Washington as #3 in our highlights then you know something good actually happened" while chuckling. I was like "Really ESPN? You're not even gonna be covert about your hate anymore?"

Jerks at espn