• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Ferry-Budenholzer Effect

curtmcgirt

I know we only have a limited sample size, but looking at the way Ferry and Budenholzer handle the roster is LIGHT YEARS beyond anything we've seen in Atlanta before. This may be the first truly competent management this team has had.

But let's ignore the space-time continuum for a minute and pose the question: What other Hawks would have enjoyed a better career under Ferry and/or Budenholzer?

Coaches: Fratello and Wilkins.

The 1985 Draft ALONE stands to show how bad these coaches had it when it came to the GM evaluating talent.

Players: I think the following would have absolutely thrived under this new system.

Post-ACL Nique,

Doc Rivers

Spud Web

Laettner

Kukoc

Mutumbo

Steve Smith

Mookie Blaylock

Mario West

Acie Law

Josh Childress

Matt Freiji

Hanno Mattolo

Salim Stoudamire

Jason Terry

Anyone agree with that? That seems like the list of smarter and unselfish players that we've had.

I do not understand the love that Chillz and Acie Law receive from some fans..They are scrubs and nothing more..Mario West? Cause Mario has been lights outelsewhere in the NBA?scratches head

Mario West I can agree with, that guy had tremendous heart and athleticism, I think he would have been similar to Shelvin Mack, not very talented but coachable and plays within his limits.

Shelvin Mack is actually very skilled and capable of running an offense. Mario, for all his heart and hustle, lacked any real skill other than being able to be a pesky defender for short periods of time.

• Like 1

Hawks are playing some beautiful basketball..
Is they! Everybody sets willing screens and Bud and Lou seem to enjoy each other. He and Kyle are two of the best off the ball. I never really judge Lou on numbers after a game. He has a quirky posititve effect on the offense because of the small spaces he can squeeze through and his floor awareness. Anybody who doesn't enjoy that brand of ball, I feel sorry for. They make faking and turning down screens an art. Opposing coaches can call timeouts and highlight on film and they still cant stop it becaue the passing is too crispy. The two teams above us in the East wished they scored that easily as a unit. I'm sure Pop is proud. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

It would have been interesting to see Josh be brought into the league with a guy like Bud. I don't know if Bud would have gotten through to Josh about how to properly play the game with his skill set, but if had...I agree that Mookie and Smith would have really worked with Bud but Lenny was a very good coach so I'm not sure there would have been any difference in Wins. Remember they were playing against the Jordan-era Bulls.

The Ferry-Budenholzer effect sounds like a physics principle ... Is it?

Ha. Maybe.

I think what they are doing, and you have to realize its only Dec under a new coach and system.....give them a couple more months,

will begin to attract some FA that we have missed out on. There has been a lot of talk about changing culture and we are beginning to see the results of it.