• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams can't play anymore

Peoriabird

He's had some monster games in the past month, he's just in a slump right now. He's not as explosive as he's been but that will probably come back by next year. I kept telling everyone that Lou wouldn't be 100% in his 1st year after the knee surgery. I certainly don't mind trading him but I firmly believe he's just in a slump shooting wise right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This thread isn't ridiculous at all. In fact, PB just hit the nail in the head.

Lou can't play if he's not 100% healthy. He's avoiding contact and not getting to the charity stripe. Shot selection is a big concern. He's taking a lot of bad jumpers night in and night out. He's probably the most selfish player in our squad, now that Osh is gone. Three assists in 21 minutes playing mostly PG is not acceptable. Not a good fit to this team overall.

If he's not lucky enough with his shots, we are toast. Better get rid of him ASAP if we can.

• Like 1

Really overestimate his value

I think he was saying Lou and a pick for a decent wing and that sounds fair to me, depending upon how decent we're talking. It's a shame we didn't get one of these talented wings from this past draft as I'd love to have Bullock (I know he's hurt) or Snell or any of the other quality ones from the 2013 draft.

• Moderators

I don't think he's the ideal fit for Bud. He doesn't really like moving without the ball. He likes to have the ball in his hands. I like Lou a lot but they had him slotted for the Ginobilli role but so far i'm not seeing it. Maybe when he's a little more confident in his knee.

Would be stupid to trade Lou now while he's playing like this. I say showcase the hell outta him in the next month and sell high before the deadline. Hopefully a team that's going for a title like OKC might think they need a veteran like Lou and we could get a guy like Lamb from them. Wishful thinking I know...

• Moderators

This thread isn't ridiculous at all. In fact, PB just hit the nail in the head.

Lou can't play if he's not 100% healthy. He's avoiding contact and not getting to the charity stripe. Shot selection is a big concern. He's taking a lot of bad jumpers night in and night out. He's probably the most selfish player in our squad, now that Osh is gone. Three assists in 21 minutes playing mostly PG is not acceptable. Not a good fit to this team overall.

If he's not lucky enough with his shots, we are toast. Better get rid of him ASAP if we can.

Selfish?!? He's only taking open jumpers and shots late in the shot clock. He isn't a PG and he hasn't been playing PG all season as he has been playing off the ball (which he said he prefers) with Teague/Mack/Schröder on the floor. He is also the only scorer on the team right now with Horf inactive, especially from the bench. He is an undersized 2 guard that is still recovering from a major ACL injury. They say the hardest part of recovering from an ACL injury is the mental hurdle of re-injury, so him avoiding contact and not driving the lane is understandable because it's a hurdle that Lou should be able to clear. It's not like we're talking about Royce White and his phobia of airplanes. Not even Kobe, D-Rose, or the Atlanta-beloved Dominique was able to come back and play at 100% of his former self right after returning from an ACL. I'm fine with Lou using this season to fully recover cause it's not like anyone was expecting championship this season anyway. Nobody was saying "trade Lou" when he went for 27 @ New York, 25 vs. Utah, or 28 vs. Charlotte. And right now, he has about the same PER as Korver who everyone loves on the Squawk.

I like Lou but have to agree. He looks lost. He missed too many wide open shots last night. 1-4 from 3PT range...

Then I guess we should trade KK too since he has been off lately? Heck, get rid of that turnover machine named Teague while your at it! Dump that injury-prone Horford! And that Millsap... Sack of potatoes hasn't been able to hit the broadside of a barn lately! Trade him now!

It just irritates me how flip-flopish folks on the Squawk are towards our guys... When it's good, everyone is praising the guy from the rooftops, but ASA a guy has a cold streak, we are looking to dump him for a bag of chip. Every player in the league not named LeBron goes through hot & cold spells...

• Like 2

You can't make a trade every time a player goes into a slump. And, who's to say the guy you get in return is going to be any better? Maybe you just get another guy who can't play any more.

I don't think this is about trading Lou because he's in a slump, it's because he's really not a good fit for this offense.

My reasons to trade Lou would be to get bigger in the back court and improve our perimeter defense- we are tiny.

Edited by JayBirdHawk