• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams can't play anymore

Peoriabird

• Admin

I think he was saying Lou and a pick for a decent wing and that sounds fair to me, depending upon how decent we're talking. It's a shame we didn't get one of these talented wings from this past draft as I'd love to have Bullock (I know he's hurt) or Snell or any of the other quality ones from the 2013 draft.

Gotcha...I was thinking it was a decent wing and a pick for Lou.

Def would love Bullock....I think he has real NBA potential and a well rounded game.

• Like 1

• Admin

My reasons to trade Lou would be to get bigger in the back court and improve our perimeter defense- we are tiny.

Excatly....I have always been against mini me backcourts. No matter what you can do on offense..it always costs you on defense.

My reasons to trade Lou would be to get bigger in the back court and improve our perimeter defense- we are tiny.

I'll put up with a lot Jaybird but ill be damned if I'm gonna sit here and let you call us tiny....

Man, first Teague and now Lou? Tough crowd in 'Squawk land lately. I'd hate for you guys to be my boss.

hahah - this is what happens with no Al and a 3 game losing streak and all the warts we've been covering up show up in all their glory. The Squawk comes.....Aliiive!! LOL.

It's a pity people weren't this hard on Josh when he was here, we perhaps could have actually got some thing of value for him. Not that I am complaining in any way with the signing of Millsap.

You must have missed the last 9 years.

You must have missed the last 9 years.

I kind of did, I didn't decide to support the hawks until his final year in Atlanta. I mean like some people on here are jumping on Lou will too quickly, he is coming off of a very serious injury and needs some time to get back used to playing basketball again. As is repeated many times you need two years to get over the acl injury that he suffered. I swear no one ever blames korver for our losses either.. Posted Image

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Fair enough. Point taken, probably should've thought a bit more thoroughly about that before I posted itPosted Image

It uh yeah. I'm not usually the make fun of the newbie kind of person but you really missed nine years of full on war here at this site about Josh Smith who I will always call Chuck McChuckerson for his love affair of just flat out chucking.

And you are right about Lou, it takes two years to come back from ACL surgery. I don't hold this season against him.

It uh yeah. I'm not usually the make fun of the newbie kind of person but you really missed nine years of full on war here at this site about Josh Smith who I will always call Chuck McChuckerson for his love affair of just flat out chucking.

And you are right about Lou, it takes two years to come back from ACL surgery. I don't hold this season against him.

It's fine, I'd rather someone say it like it is to be honest.

Like if the right offer comes along for Lou, I am more than happy to trade him but people need to give him time to recover from his injury. Also he could probably do with some help at the 2, I wouldn't mind Shannon brown. But that doesn't fix our size issue on the perimeter

• Moderators

I'm not down on Lou for his static performances, I'm down on him because he doesn't fit our style of play and I don't like undersized SGs.

That's it for me too. Although DF did go out and get him so did he get him because he liked him or was it simply bait for Dwight to join the all-Atl team as some speculated?

That's it for me too. Although DF did go out and get him so did he get him because he liked him or was it simply bait for Dwight to join the all-Atl team as some speculated?

I think he fit on last years team but not so much on this years team. He signed him to a fair salary too that should be easy to move.

• Premium Member

When 100% healthy, Lou is the only player on this roster that can get his own shot. He may not be a perfect fit for this offense or the preferred size, but this team REALLY needs that part of his game during scoring droughts. This team is filled with unselfish players who will pass the ball until the shot clock runs out, or worse yet, pass the ball around until there's only 3 seconds on the clock and then pass it to Demarre Caroll which usually ends in failure.

• Premium Member

I also do not like undersized SGs but when healthy Lou is the only guy on our team that can consistently create his own shot and drive to the basket and get fouls. You need that from someone.

When was the last time you saw that from Lou Williams??? Which is my point!