• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bulls are tanking. Emergency meeting Hawks fans

NBASupes

The Lakers wanted Bynum? Was that just to get rid of Pau's salary then also waive Bynum? Or will the Lakers go back after Bynum to try to make another run at a championship? No championship either way, just spit balling.

• Moderators

The Lakers wanted Bynum? Was that just to get rid of Pau's salary then also waive Bynum? Or will the Lakers go back after Bynum to try to make another run at a championship? No championship either way, just spit balling.

They wanted to cut Bynum and get under the luxury tax since they are going to suck this year anyway. That could help them avoid the repeater penalty in future seasons. But they also wanted Dion Waiters or some other major asset since Gasol is soo good.

• Premium Member

DIdn't the Bulls also amnesty Boozer in addition to trading Deng for essentially nothing? If so, that is a full on tank move. The last straw is Noah. If he gets traded for peanuts/picks, they will be possibly the worst team in the league talent wise. Rose doesn't like it, because he knows WHY the Bulls are doing it: they are looking for another franchise player. The Hawks can 'potentially' benefit by grabbing Noah during the fire sale and maybe salvage a Playoff spot this season. But does that really help the Hawks long term? We still are stuck with a team of great complimentary players when Horf comes back. If Brooklyn makes the Playoffs, and it looks like they will, we run the risk of having zero lottery picks and I just can't stomach that. I also can't stomach losing after the excitement of making the Playoffs a few times in a row, but I'm getting tired of the inevitable outcome that we've all come to expect when we face a team with a 'marketable' superstar. I'm conflicted.

So, Boozer got the amnesty?

Not yet but they're talking about it. No chance that he gets picked up at 15 million per so he's gonna end up being a free agent or however the system works. I'm sure Hawksfanatic will be in here to critique the way I said he'd be a free agent lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the amnesty clause only be invoked in the offseason?

Almost 100% sure that's true.

On that note, I don't think tanking is out of the question. However, as we get closer to the trade deadline I think we'll have a better idea. If we just look bad then sure, we probably tank. But if Brooklyn's turnaround is short-lived while Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit and company keep Brooklyn out of the playoff picture, we could pull things together a little bit, and we might look to add another piece. Plus I imagine all of our players are on the trade block, including Horford. Who knows.

The Warriors are trying to feast on the carcass of the Bulls. We should definitely get in the mix on Noah talks. (We should also temporarily change our names to the VULTURES!)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231409/Warriors-Pursue-Trade-For-Kirk-Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich is drawing interest in trade talks with the Chicago Bulls as they appear settled on giving up on a playoff push.

The Golden State Warriors have expressed serious interest in trading for Hinrich.

Hinrich is making approximately $4 million in the final season of his contract.

The Warriors are searching for a point guard to backup Stephen Curry, and are also in the mix for Andre Miller.

• Like 1

The Warriors are trying to feast on the carcass of the Bulls. We should definitely get in the mix on Noah talks. (We should also temporarily change our names to the VULTURES!)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231409/Warriors-Pursue-Trade-For-Kirk-Hinrich

Kirk sure does make the rounds. I liked him the short time he was with the Hawks but I feel he's approaching Bibby status with his knees slowly getting worse.

But yea, the Vultures should make a run for Noah. The guy isn't the biggest center out there but he plays hard and is a consistent rebounder and decent scorer. I'm just not sure the Bulls will give him up right now. Maybe this summer though.

Oh to the contrary, the Bulls are clearly tanking. Rose doesn't like it, but the Bulls aren't listening to him because they know he'll never be the same. Word is they are looking to make more moves before the deadline. True, they are trying to dump long term money, but they clearly want to give themselves an opportunity at a new franchise player because they know Rose won't be THAT guy anymore.

Wonder if they would consider dealing Noah...He is so much fun to watch and would be awesome to have him an Al on the same team. I know wet-dream...

They need to be dumping Noah on us for Lou and Brand! That would clear $11 million in salary in 2 years and almost $6 million for next year.

Haha just posted this. i also want Noah. He is such a good fit for this Hawks system. High BBIQ and a fierce competitor. Even Gibson would be awesome. Even though he wouldn't do much since he is just another undersized PF.

I don't know how people are equating giving up on winning a championship this season with going for a full on fire sale or rebuild. The Bulls aren't going anywhere significant this season so they picked up some assets for a player they weren't likely to retain anyway in the future. They are just retooling around Rose, Noah and Butler and will be likely adding Mirotic and two draft picks (theirs and Charlotte's) to the mix. That's not a bad position to be in without having to blow it up.

• Like 1