• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Masahiro Tanaka signs with Yankees; 7 years 155 Million!

ATLHawks3

Can they run out of money already?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see this transaction crash and burn like most for the Yankees while the Red Sox and Rays battle it out for the division and beyond. I think the Yankees should forfeit any following year after they miss the playoffs. They try harder than anybody, and it's such an embarrassing failure when they don't. Every A-Rod quote and miss in free agency are failures, too. You instill a ridiculous culture of overpayment and entitlement, then fail to retain your best player because "he wants too much". I'm glad in not a Yankee fan. I could care less about the 'chips they bought, the way they do business and conduct their baseball operations would make me earl: paying too much for free agents that are poorly scouted by the same people who have run their farm system into the ground. Brilliant.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funny @benhillboy but we didn't buy our championships as the majority of our teams that won over the past 20 years were from our own farm system. It wasn't until we really started spending stupidly that we started losing as we drafted poorly on too of losing picks. In fact only 1 of the rings was with guys we brought in from elsewhere after a big spending spree. But the others were from the original core group of kids who rallied to beat the Braves back in what 96? But yeah I'm not a big fan of this crazy spending. I'd rather have the Red Sox philosophy of building from the farm system. Oh and we didn't not sign Cano because he wanted too much. We didn't sign him because it's stupid to give a guy already 30 years old a 10 year contract. Learned the hard way with ARod and that won't happen again.

This guy will be a bust.. reminds me of the Braves experiment with Kawakami aka Mr Maserati..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it. He and Darvish are by far the best pitching prospects to come out of Japan. Darvish is better but this isn't some random guy, this is a guy with elite pitching ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Dol, I forgot y'all snagged B-Mac from us. Y'all might be alright. He's gonna abuse that right field porch. He's arguably a better hitter than any y'all have had in recent memory besides Cano, definately at catcher. He's gonna blow up like B-12 up there, hopefully his eye problems won't reappear. We gave you Grimey, you're welcome again.

Edited by benhillboy

Yo Dol, I forgot y'all snagged B-Mac from us. Y'all might be alright. He's gonna abuse that right field porch. He's arguably a better hitter than any y'all have had in recent memory besides Cano, definately at catcher. He's gonna blow up like B-12 up there, hopefully his eye problems won't reappear. We gave you Grimey, you're welcome again.

@benhillboy actually Granderson has been the best power hitter in baseball over the past 2 years, if I remember right. I think he had 70-80 HRs but don't quote me on that. I hate losing his power plus Robby's but we are gonna be nasty with Ellsbury and Gardner (lead league in triples) starting the lineup with their speed and then McCann, Tex (if he comes back as Tex), Beltran, Soriano plus Jeter and Brian Roberts, who if he stays healthy has big power. This could be our highest scoring offense in years if everyone is healthy. We've got a lot of talented pitching now too so we have a shot to get back to the big series. But I doubt Jeter gives much and I have doubts about Tex staying healthy and you never know with Beltran and Soriano being old plus Ellsbury has injury problems too. Oh and thanks again for Grimey, he's my favorite Dolphin and I'm incredibly nervous hoping we give him a multi year deal before FA. Don't want his old lady blasting us on Twitter lol

• 1 month later...

This guy will be a bust.. reminds me of the Braves experiment with Kawakami aka Mr Maserati..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Too early to say I told you so @willthepureshooter but he's definitely not a bust. Some experts are saying he's got the best splitter since Roger Clemens in his prime. Since 1900 only Strasburg has had such a dominant start to a rookie season and Tanaka is on pace to have a historically incredible season for a pitcher, especially for a 25 year old rookie.

Too early to say I told you so @willthepureshooter but he's definitely not a bust. Some experts are saying he's got the best splitter since Roger Clemens in his prime. Since 1900 only Strasburg has had such a dominant start to a rookie season and Tanaka is on pace to have a historically incredible season for a pitcher, especially for a 25 year old rookie.

Its normal for pitchers dominant early due to the fact that there's no scouting report. I will wait to hold judgement after the Allstar break.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Its normal for pitchers dominant early due to the fact that there's no scouting report. I will wait to hold judgement after the Allstar break.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If what he's doing is normal then other pitchers would have starts to their careers like this. He's having a historically great start to his career. It's early so who knows what will happen but he's flat out dominating right now.

He is def pitching very well right now. This is his first time through the league though. He seem to have poise so he should be alright. There is no questioning the talent. Look like a clear #2 or perhaps #1 starter with some experience.

He looks like a sure fire #1 right now and based on his career in Japan I feel confident saying that. As far as I know he's the only pitcher in baseball with 7 pitches he can throw for strikes and that just makes him nasty and hard to guess what he's going to throw.

• 1 month later...