• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One (surprising) Hawk in 28 player pool for USA Basketball

ersimo2889

• Moderators

[*]

PG: Damian Lillard, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry

[*]

SG: Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, James Harden, Kyle Korver

[*]

SF: Andre Iguodala, Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Kevin Durant

[*]

PF: Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love, David Lee, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kenneth Faried

[*]

C: Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis

Congrats to Kyle! He's the elder statesman in that pool, too!

~lw3

• Like 1

[*]

PG: Damian Lillard, Chris Paul likely opts to heal over the off-season, Derrick Rose too busy shooting comeback commercials, Russell Westbrook ditto with Paul, Deron Williams spaghetti ankles, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry

[*]

SG: Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, James Harden, Kyle Korver

[*]

SF: Andre Iguodala, Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward dealing with free agency, Paul George, Kevin Durant probably opt for Olympics over World Cup

[*]

PF: Lebron James Olympics, Carmelo Anthony Olympics/Free agency, Kevin Love, David Lee, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Kenneth Faried

[*]

C: Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis

Congrats Khal Korver, your competition is thinning out Posted Image

Damn I'm good. As soon as I saw the title I knew who. He's the quintessential Coach K, Thibs guy. Not too fond of him putting extra miles on his legs at his age for teams not named the Hawks, but it's the US and I'm sure a gold medal would mean the world to him. The game's top passers, weaker defenses, and closer three point lines equal a good time for him. What, no Josh Smith?!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Why doesn't Deandre Jordan get a chance with the National team? He's better than Tyson chandler if you ask me.

More productive than Chandler, yeah. I think there's still a sentiment that he's a little silly and too fun-loving to be serious. The Clippers still have an image problem if you ask me, even with Griffin quietly yet considerably improving his game. USA Basketball wants pure pros. I don't think that's him yet with the dunkfaces and all. Last game he missed two dunks because he was trying to flush too hard. That will get Coach K scowling at you pretty quick followed by a bench seat. They like to keep the embarrassments to a minimum.

Chandler has the benefit of being a key cog on both the World Championship and Olympic squads so you don't just unseat him from his position if he can still physically go. DJ was there at tryouts last summer and was a key contributor in the White vs. Blue game so the question really is how Cousins made it to the list and Dwight made it back. Cousins got the same rap at camp for his attitude and damn near a DNP-CD in the White vs. Blue exhibition game and then Dwight was considered a headache both on and off the court at the Beijing Olympics.

Wall and Conley are other head scratching omissions considering that of the likely group of Lillard, Irving and Curry who will actually participate in the upcoming World Cup, neither know what a defensive stance is.

Congratulations to Kyle and my guess on the surprise player before reading the thread was Millsap. This is well deserving. Korver leads the league in 3pt % when taking into account players who take 5 or more a game.

Well I'll be GD'd!

I sure hope the extra PT doesn't shorten his Hawks career but I can't help but be pumped for the guy. He doesn't get nearly enough credit around the league for all the brings to the table. Combined with his epic streak, maybe this will be his chance to really shine.

And to think, just this past summer the rest of the league was laughing at us for giving him that contract. Doesn't look so funny anymore, now does it?