If ONE superstar player.......

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Would come to the Hawks, he would be huge in the south. The coach and system is in place. Atlanta is a large city starving for a superstar..............if I was a agent I would want my player to look seriously at Atlanta because he would be successful. I think the main holdup in the past was no organization and coaching staff, that has been rectified. The only negative left is the ownership of the team.

• Like 2

The only guy that MIGHT come here . . . is Carmelo Anthony. But most fans don't appreciate his game enough to embrace him. And Ferry definitely doesn't appreciate Melo types of players.

I think it's funny that when we lose a few games, that fans finally see how deficient this team really is across the board. They scrap and play hard, but they don't have a guy who can take them over the top in games.

Melo would be a box office smash in Atlanta . . at least initially.

• Admin

The only guy that MIGHT come here . . . is Carmelo Anthony. But most fans don't appreciate his game enough to embrace him. And Ferry definitely doesn't appreciate Melo types of players.

I think it's funny that when we lose a few games, that fans finally see how deficient this team really is across the board. They scrap and play hard, but they don't have a guy who can take them over the top in games.

Melo would be a box office smash in Atlanta . . at least initially.

Melo is not a superstar ... he is an all star but he is not going to make this team a winner. He is also not the guy who is suddenly going to get people interested in this team or attract marquee players.

Actually, his type of game would not fit here...he is an iso player who is looking to get his...I would rather have a guy who is a team player and plays our type of system.

• Premium Member

Melo is not a superstar ... he is an all star but he is not going to make this team a winner. He is also not the guy who is suddenly going to get people interested in this team or attract marquee players. Actually, his type of game would not fit here...he is an iso player who is looking to get his...I would rather have a guy who is a team player and plays our type of system.

I will disagree about Melo. Although he is not a player that I really want, he is a superstar. I also disagree with the attendance issue, he will bring in the fans unless the team is loosing. Melo just brings too much baggage imo.Would love to have Kevin Love the only knock on him for me is he plays no defense

• Premium Member

I will disagree about Melo. Although he is not a player that I really want, he is a superstar. I also disagree with the attendance issue, he will bring in the fans unless the team is loosing. Melo just brings too much baggage imo.Would love to have Kevin Love the only knock on him for me is he plays no defense

That last part isn't true. He plays good low post defense he just isn't a shot blocker. I watch the Wolves on League pass, the guy gives effort on both ends of the court.

• Moderators

That last part isn't true. He plays good low post defense he just isn't a shot blocker. I watch the Wolves on League pass, the guy gives effort on both ends of the court.

After seeing him in person last week I'm pretty convinced if that's a typical effort for him. His numbers were huge of course but geez that dude does some work. I really thought of him as a Dirk type but I don't even know what to compare him to. He's driving on people and just friggin knocking them out of the way like charles oakley or something and then he's hitting fade away catch and shoot 3s. I could see him being a star here in Atlanta.

• Like 1