• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Jeff Green trade rumors

lethalweapon3

Chris Mannix: Ive had conversations with a couple of different general managers last night, and we talked a little bit about Boston and what they were trying to do at the trade deadline, and the sense I got from them was that Boston is totally overvaluing some of the players they have. Theyre looking for first-round picks in return for guys like Jeff Green or a guy like Avery Bradley and others and theyre just not going to get it. WEEI.com- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.lEnQdtZo.dpuf

Chris Mannix: Ive had conversations with a couple of different general managers last night, and we talked a little bit about Boston and what they were trying to do at the trade deadline, and the sense I got from them was that Boston is totally overvaluing some of the players they have. Theyre looking for first-round picks in return for guys like Jeff Green or a guy like Avery Bradley and others and theyre just not going to get it. WEEI.com- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.lEnQdtZo.dpuf

thats ainge for you. A couple of years ago he tried to get a 1st rounder and OJ mayo (back when he still considered to have all star potential) for an expiring old declining ray allen.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This may have already been discussed, but is it possible that trade discussions over Jeff Green happened back in December (when Sap and others became eligible to be traded) but then talks cooled off because a party was wanting too much or whatever and now Boston has leaked this info to get people talking about Green to Atlanta? Boston's attempt at reviving trade discussions with Atlanta? I remember last year this happened over Eric Gordon when a GM came out and said that recent info at the time was actually old news as the trade discussions had been dead for weeks. Honestly, of the SG/SF's supposively available, it's be:

1) DeRozan ($9.5 mil, 3 years remaining) - Value is sky high right now, may cost too much talent & picks

2) Turner ($6.6 mil, expiring) - Fits us, but also doesn't

3) Green ($8.7 mil, 2 years remaining) - Probably the lowest value of the three

for me...

• Like 1