• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Jeff Green trade rumors

lethalweapon3

last season he played behind Pierce and PP was getting all the PT

This year he is a getting more minutes and scoring 16.3PPG.... But at a 41% clip. Perhaps (like Teague) he is better off with less of a burden.

Like I said, I haven't watched him play a ton, but I'm not seeing enough evidence that he is worth Carroll/Lou and maybe a pick... Plus the increase in salary.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think people are over thinking this. This team needs to upgrade its talent. This would clearly be an upgrade in talent. At worst Jeff Green is a quality starter and at best he's a 2nd or 3rd on a championship type of team that can lock down defend and give you #1 player scoring outburst. He would probably be the second best post player on this team from day one.

• Moderators

He would probably be the second best post player on this team from day one.

What good is an inefficient post player? Green has exactly one season with a TS% of greater than .538. His career TS% is .531 which is right on par with Jeff Teague's .528.

Am I understanding that we want to pay $9.5M for this? OKC clearly didn't - they recognized he wasn't part of their core and dealt him. Boston made a mistake paying him and now they regret it and want to get whatever they can for him.

Trading DMC for Green would be trading an asset for a liability once you layer the economics into the equation. (For whatever the advanced metrics are worth, WS and PER has DMC as being the better impact player this year and that is without DMC's defensive edge).

There would need to be more value coming to Atlanta to consider this.

• Like 2

• Admin

This year he is a getting more minutes and scoring 16.3PPG.... But at a 41% clip. Perhaps (like Teague) he is better off with less of a burden.

Like I said, I haven't watched him play a ton, but I'm not seeing enough evidence that he is worth Carroll/Lou and maybe a pick... Plus the increase in salary.

and he has no supporting cast...he will not be the main guy here and won't have the focus of the d on him. It will allow him to relax and put up better shots....i would not include a pic either...

• Premium Member

I couldn't agree more. I'll admit i haven't read this whole thread so i apologize if someone has already said this but this seems like typical Ainge/NBA/ESPN/Boston BS. "It's going to cast them DMC + more" Oh really? I get so tired of these stupid leaks and media manipulation/cahoots. If DMC goes in a trade and all we get back is Jeff Green i'll be seriously surprised and pissed. But Ferry isn't an idiot so i'm not seeing it.

Same here. The only way I'd be ok with this if we are the ones salary dumping back on THEM in terms of getting rid of Lou and Teague. Jeff Green is just not all that good. He's being paid just at All Star money and he's at best an ok starter on a championship level team. Why the hell should we give up our cheap guy whose playing balls out for that?

• Like 3

I also think that Carrol's hustle is a valuable and underestimated anchor in a very OK Atlanta team-defense, full of small and a bit soft and occasionally old or injured players. A team-defense that shouldnt experiment with more ego and offensive drive on that spot.

And really, just like Millsap went under the radar of allot of people playing at the Jazz, Carrol was pretty decent there as well from the POV of his strengths. That he gives us some points is nice, but I really think this team-defense currently needs a modest athletic dude being all over the place on defense.

He should almost be traded because of that bow-tie and Urkel glasses outfit though.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Whenever any of us goes to the car lot to trade cars, why is it that the car

we wish is so high priced and the dealer offers us about half of what we

think our car is worth?

If you have ever tried to trade cars with a car dealer, then you know exactly

what I'm talking about.

Celtics are the car dealer and we are the prospective purchaser. Their player

is just so great and any player we have to offer is just over mediocre. Think

about it and see if it doesn't fit.

I don't believe our GM will be going into this, all starry eyed and with the

attitude that "We've just gotta have this" attitude. When he makes a deal it

will not be as one sided as Boston and the media would dream. He's not that

stupid. At least, I don't believe that he is.

• Like 3

and he has no supporting cast...he will not be the main guy here and won't have the focus of the d on him. It will allow him to relax and put up better shots....i would not include a pic either...

Jeff Green is the same player when he was on the Thunder that he was on the Celtics playing with Garnett and Pierce and the now the same player without them.

Shouldn't he be averaging more points per game with KG and Pierce gone? Shouldn't he be elevating his team?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I have a question. Are Celtics fan just completely in denial? Do they even watch basketball? Some if them think Hawks will trade Carrolle, Brand, Noguiera, Schröder and our 2014 first pick for Jeff Green. Lol. Wow. I thought they were joking at first but I don't think they were. I'm worried about what they are putting in the water in BAAAAAASSSSTEN.

I have a question. Are Celtics fan just completely in denial? Do they even watch basketball? Some if them think Hawks will trade Carrolle, Brand, Noguiera, Schröder and our 2014 first pick for Jeff Green. Lol. Wow. I thought they were joking at first but I don't think they were. I'm worried about what they are putting in the water in BAAAAAASSSSTEN.

YES! NO!They are delusional. Edited by JayBirdHawk