• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Diesel get banned?

Sothron

I hope Diesel decides to return in the future. He is a human being and therefore makes mistakes, misses predictions, etc. but he is a true Hawks fan and adds some really great content in addition to some of the other stuff that people don't love. His mock reports of what happened behind the scenes were some of his most entertaining posts. While he can be high maintenance he did a lot to keep conversation going during down times in the season and had his share of legit insights, none of which is better than his call on Marvin.

There is a role for him here when he decides to return.

Yep, The trick was knowing when to get off the Diesel train and just let the thread die instead of making you want to Posted Image .

• Premium Member

To my fellow Hawks fans....

I just want to clear the air a little bit. I did slow my posting here.. Some say because of "hurt feelings"... maybe so. More likely hurt pride and just not feeling up to the role that has been placed on me.. whether earned or whatnot. The internet is a funny place. On a site like this, many people get emboldened to say what they would prolly never say face to face. Many of you don't know what it's like to be called idiot, fool, crazy, etc.. then the biggest.. LIAR? As a MAN...to have this go on day after day when all you want to do is talk about a team you've loved since 1979.... it's not worth the fight.

Now, let's tell some truths... I never expected my leaving would CRUSH Hawksquawk... Are you freaking Serious???

I don't believe that I'm the reason that people come to Hawksquawk.

I have always believed that we all come to talk about the Hawks. And as the slogan now says... I agree that Hawksquawk is the home of the Best Hawks fans in the world. I have been posting with some of you since Access Atlanta. We made the jump with Sturt to Hawksquawk. This was done because Hawksquawk is a place for Hawks fans who are more than Casual. Hawksquawk is the place for everyday Hawks fans. People who live the Hawks... so NO.... I don't think that me or nobody else... INCLUDING Dolfan can stop the existence of Hawksquawk.

I am not a villain.

One of the hurt feeling times here was me telling somebody who had just had a daughter that he best to invest in a shotgun and him saying "I rather not use fear in of the raising of my child."... Really??? These are just signs that I needed to step away.

A lot of times, I would take the opinion that was not popular opinion. A lot of times, I would say things tongue and cheek to get a rise... but understand, if all we ever did was sit around and agreed, this place would be SO boring. Or at least that's MHO...

Anyway... I enjoyed some post... I have even enjoyed some epic arguments (never took them too serious)... but in the many years that I have been here, I think I have only called 1 person a liar... and that was Sothron because he was lying.

Since slowing my postings, I have been more productive at work. Spent more time with family. Started posting on an inferior site (nice people but lots of casual fans.). and had a Hospital stay. For those that are interested. My take home from all that is that Life is way to short to be disrespected when you don't have to be.

I'll check in from time to time... but in the meanwhile, I'll give the mods a break and let Dol has his bandwidth...

Peace.

• Like 1

Gosh I hope D was coked up with that post because all I could think about after reading "I am not a villain" was this:

But good to hear that D's break from the Squawk has been a positive for him.

• Premium Member

I have been posting with some of you since Access Atlanta.

Isn't it amazing, after all these years, the AJC hasn't improved in its ability to aid sports discussion? On a related note, it is so terrific to see HF and Jaywalker writing for PeachtreeHoops.

Diesel, I've always been curious where you live. None of my business, really, but just curious.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just want to clear the air a little bit. I did slow my posting here.. Some say because of "hurt feelings"... maybe so. More likely hurt pride and just not feeling up to the role that has been placed on me.. whether earned or whatnot. The internet is a funny place. On a site like this, many people get emboldened to say what they would prolly never say face to face. Many of you don't know what it's like to be called idiot, fool, crazy, etc.. then the biggest.. LIAR? As a MAN...to have this go on day after day when all you want to do is talk about a team you've loved since 1979.... it's not worth the fight.

Now, let's tell some truths... I never expected my leaving would CRUSH Hawksquawk... Are you freaking Serious???

I have always believed that we all come to talk about the Hawks. And as the slogan now says... I agree that Hawksquawk is the home of the Best Hawks fans in the world. I have been posting with some of you since Access Atlanta. We made the jump with Sturt to Hawksquawk. This was done because Hawksquawk is a place for Hawks fans who are more than Casual. Hawksquawk is the place for everyday Hawks fans. People who live the Hawks... so NO.... I don't think that me or nobody else... INCLUDING Dolfan can stop the existence of Hawksquawk.

I am not a villain.

One of the hurt feeling times here was me telling somebody who had just had a daughter that he best to invest in a shotgun and him saying "I rather not use fear in of the raising of my child."... Really??? These are just signs that I needed to step away.

A lot of times, I would take the opinion that was not popular opinion. A lot of times, I would say things tongue and cheek to get a rise... but understand, if all we ever did was sit around and agreed, this place would be SO boring. Or at least that's MHO...

Anyway... I enjoyed some post... I have even enjoyed some epic arguments (never took them too serious)... but in the many years that I have been here, I think I have only called 1 person a liar... and that was Sothron because he was lying.

Since slowing my postings, I have been more productive at work. Spent more time with family. Started posting on an inferior site (nice people but lots of casual fans.). and had a Hospital stay. For those that are interested. My take home from all that is that Life is way to short to be disrespected when you don't have to be.

I'll check in from time to time... but in the meanwhile, I'll give the mods a break and let Dol has his bandwidth...

Peace.

I find it outright comical that one of, no, THE biggest liar and manipulator of data on this site would have the cajones to call me or anyone else a liar. Wow. I am so wounded as you kept saying in this post that I will run to another site and post there. Oh wait...I won't.

I find it outright comical that one of, no, THE biggest liar and manipulator of data on this site would have the cajones to call me or anyone else a liar. Wow. I am so wounded as you kept saying in this post that I will run to another site and post there. Oh wait...I won't.

I wish the Hawks would win the title so all this bickering would stop. We need to realize that the enemy for us is the other 29 teams in the league and not each other. No more dissension amongst the ranks. WE NEED TO UNITE DAMNIT! WE ARE SQUAWKERS AND SHOULD RIDE OR DIE FOR ONE ANOTHER(online at least).Ok I'm done with the rant.

• Premium Member

I wish the Hawks would win the title so all this bickering would stop. We need to realize that the enemy for us is the other 29 teams in the league and not each other. No more dissension amongst the ranks. WE NEED TO UNITE DAMNIT! WE ARE SQUAWKERS AND SHOULD RIDE OR DIE FOR ONE ANOTHER(online at least).Ok I'm done with the rant.

I agree with this. However I'm not going to be called liar esp. from a guy like Diesel and not comment on it. I think my years of posting here have shown whether or not I am a liar. I will leave it at that.

I am not a villain.

Peace.

I have no problem with you posting here but you know this site costs a lot of money to keep up and the fact that you show such a callous attitude towards that speaks volumes. You are more than welcome to post here just as anyone else is who doesn't break the big rules and get themselves banned but please don't act like you haven't gone out of your way to try and skirt the rules on MANY occasions. So again you are welcome to resume posting but don't ever expect an apology from me after the disrespect you've shown towards the rules of this site over the years.

Isn't it amazing, after all these years, the AJC hasn't improved in its ability to aid sports discussion? On a related note, it is so terrific to see HF and Jaywalker writing for PeachtreeHoops.

Diesel, I've always been curious where you live. None of my business, really, but just curious.

Wait what the what? @hawksfanatic is writing over at Peachtree Hoops? After this tirade??

Wait what the what? @hawksfanatic is writing over at Peachtree Hoops? After this tirade??

Hey! That was for Hawksquawk Senior Members only! And read the whole thread, I started out like an asshole until I figured out what they do. But me being an asshole is par for the course. I am an equal opportunity asshole on the internet.

It's an embarrassment that he has an entire thread about him. It only reinforces his self-importance. Throwing up in my mouth a lil.....

• Like 4