• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Diesel get banned?

Sothron

Walter was banned and excommunicated as far as I'm concerned over some reasons that I'm not gonna put out there.

Diesel on the other hand has apparently gotten his feelings hurt and is now posting exclusively over at RealGM but he is NOT banned. This was his last real post here.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/387882-the-disappearing-act-of-jeff-teague/page-6#entry667984

There's been a complete overhaul of the membership of this place (myself included) over the past 5 years and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sports forums suck when they get to be more about the posters than the product.

That's Diesel's thing is that he thinks he is (or was) Hawksquawk and that's just not the case. I won't waste a second of asking him to come back so if he wants to enjoy life over at RealGM then by all means go for it. We've got plenty of great members here so we'll be ok.

• Like 2

Diesel is a guy who could blow me away with his tenacity and stubbornness. To me, he is sort of like a Ken Ham and relentlessly defends positions that he can't really back up with scientific or conclusive facts but continues to very tactfully cherry pick data to make himself seem credible. Realgm can deal with that for as long as they like.

• Like 2

I guarantee you he's reading these threads and he's gonna see this thread and think people are missing him but when he reads it he's gonna get a reality check.

And Diesel you are welcome back anytime... as long as you realize this site is for everyone and supported by everyone and it's not just about you.

• Premium Member

I have to also add that as much as he posted here and all the grief he gave the mods....he didn't even support the site through paypal. I just find it really cheap ass to be a regular poster on a fan run site like this and not at least give SOMETHING every now and then on paypal.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

It is wild that the regular posters here have changed so much over the years. I have been lurking and occasionally posting for over ten years and I believe this is the best group we have ever had right now. Not much in the way of agendas but interested and insightful fans (special props for lw3 with his game threads). I still remember getting to meet some squawkers at a game through a special deal our site got years ago. Dolfan, I appreciate the hard work and know I have not contributed in a while (with threads or cash) but life and a growing family have taken most of my time. I am now just getting to follow games through box scores, highlights, and the squawk. Thank y'all for keeping me up to date and providing such good discussion.

• Like 3

I guess I am in the minority over here, I enjoyed Diesel. That might be because I never really thought of him as someone you should take seriously after the Diesel Math saga. He got posters talking in some of the dullest of times, so at least he gave content. But I don't have to deal with moderation issues, so I can see him being a pain in that sense.

And whatever happened to Diesel Math? I can't find that thread in the classics.

I have to also add that as much as he posted here and all the grief he gave the mods....he didn't even support the site through paypal. I just find it really cheap ass to be a regular poster on a fan run site like this and not at least give SOMETHING every now and then on paypal.

Not only that but he posted 10 times more than anyone else so he used a ton of server resources.

• Like 1