• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves are handing out Contract Extension: WHO'S NEXT?

WraithSentinel

If the Braves do not offer Simmons an extension within the next few months, then this Braves team will never make it to the World Series. He has the potential to be one of the greatest shortstops that this game has ever seen, and we sure as hell need to lock him up!

Now we need to figure out how to dump BJ and Uggla's handcuffing contracts.

I'd still give B.J. one more year. I looked at a video on ajc.com and it showed that BJ simplified his swing a bit which is allowing him to extend more to get more bat on the ball. Hopefully it works.

I'd still give B.J. one more year. I looked at a video on ajc.com and it showed that BJ simplified his swing a bit which is allowing him to extend more to get more bat on the ball. Hopefully it works.

I sure hope so. If he steps it up our team could be scary. Still think we are a big move or two away from contending. It's so weird seeing McCann in Yankees interviews.

I sure hope so. If he steps it up our team could be scary. Still think we are a big move or two away from contending. It's so weird seeing McCann in Yankees interviews.

I miss McCann too but he was holding back Gattis. I'm ready for Gattis to have a monster like year, and I think he hits 35+ HR's if he plays 150+ games. You can't teach raw power, and Gattis has lots of it.

• Like 1

Locking Kimbrel up pretty much locked up playoff contention for the next 5 years. He's the main reason we led the Majors in team ERA (no runs in the ninth, ever) and led the National League in HRs (we don't have to face him, ever). Even if he drops off a bit, he's still the standard for closer in The Show. Minor will get done soon. I think Teheran and Kimbrel took signifigantly less than they could've gotten, which makes the team able to break the bank for Simmons if he takes the next step at the plate.

Yea Heyward got a 2 year $13 million deal..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That's it?

Yep! I think it was due to the fact he was hurt last year so its more of a way to stay fair to Heyward and the club. I would've liked a longer deal to be honest. I think he batted 3.30 after he came back from injury so his production should sky rocket this season.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Unless Heyward is willing to meet the Braves halfway similar to how Kimbrel did. I just don't see him in a Braves uniform beyond the length of this contract. If he finally decide to live up to all the hype that has been around him. That is just going to further price himself out of the Braves range.

On a different note the extension continue. Today Wren and Fredi got their contract extension. No idea on the new terms yet.

Unless Heyward is willing to meet the Braves halfway similar to how Kimbrel did. I just don't see him in a Braves uniform beyond the length of this contract. If he finally decide to live up to all the hype that has been around him. That is just going to further price himself out of the Braves range.

On a different note the extension continue. Today Wren and Fredi got their contract extension. No idea on the new terms yet.

IF he can stay healthy, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get another 20-20 season, and hopefully hit for a higher average (Hoping anywhere between .270 to .290)

As a fan of the Braves I can't ask for anything more. Simmons locked up forever, Wren and Gonzalez sign extensions as well. Nobody else noticed, but the organization realizes a team that had the power, fielding, and pitching we had last year doesn't need many changes (besides Uggla and Upton stepping way up). I'd put our 5-year outlook for success up against any club.

• 2 months later...

3rd baseman added! Johnson has his deal.

Pitching has been very good. So has defense.

Timely hitting is practically non existant. No one knows how to bunt.

It's feast or famine and for the last six, it's been famine.

GO BRAVES !!

Edited by Gray Mule