• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not to late to tank.

MVP23

Trade Teague. Trade Al. Trade Milshap. None of these players are going to take this franchise anywhere. Trade them for draft picks an/or expiring contracts, and build through the draft (this is a good one to start). I've been a Hawk fan since 2001, and this has been the most boring season I've ever sat through. Start over.

...I've been a Hawk fan since 2001, and this has been the most boring season I've ever sat through. Start over.

Seriously? I had a lot of fun watching this team...even after AL went down. It seemed like losing Pero was the straw that broke the camel's back to me.

Now we are deep doo doo.

• Like 3

At this point keeping them may work just as well as gutting the roster. Sneaky tank job. Sounds NSFW

We could certainly sneak into the lottery - but can we sneak in with enough Ping-Pong balls to have a decent shot at a top-6 pick? Doubtful. Still...they say it's a very deep draft so maybe we tank as best we can then trade somebody for another 1st round pick?

Problem is...even though we ended the game with only 8 players...most of the hurt F'ers will just get healthy again and we'll start winning games.

• Premium Member

It is far too late to try and seriously tank, the only way we could do it now if is we legit fall out of the playoffs in the East which is next to impossible. @AHF did a break down in another thread talking about this and it is almost impossible at this point

• Premium Member

Reminds me of that year when we won ourselves out of a better pick unnecessarily and ended up with Chils.

All us tankers said this would happen at the beginning of the season and no one believed us. Makes me sad. Posted Image

I remember that. I believe that was the year Bob f'ing Sura with his triple double spree ruined our chances at getting Dwight.

I dont get these threads, pretending you can suddenly draft players as good as Al, Jeff and Millsap. Maybe over a stretch of 2-3 years. Maybe...

Way things are going lately the Hawks might end up with a good pick anyway(I can see this team loosing streak extending for a long-long time), that doesnt have the world on his shoulders and has vets around him also able to raise someones game.

I srsly dont see it. Why wait 2-3 years. Thats boring to me. Much more its subhumane from a sportsfan pov.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

On a more serious note, many of us saw this scenario playing out before this season. The teams that are going to put themselves in a position to have a reasonable shot at taking advantage of the lottery and the elite prospects have been tanking for a long time already. There is nothing we are going to do that is going to give us a shot at a top player. We have zero shot at a pick from 4-10 in the draft. We have almost not shot at picks 11-12. We have a decent shot at 13-14 if we decide to tank now and with that comes a very small chance at 1-3.

If the goal was to get an impact lottery pick, we missed the window of opportunity.

I dont get these threads, pretending you can suddenly draft players as good as Al, Jeff and Millsap. Maybe over a stretch of 2-3 years. Maybe...

Way things are going lately the Hawks might end up with a good pick anyway(I can see this team loosing streak extending for a long-long time), that doesnt have the world on his shoulders and has vets around him also able to raise someones game.

I srsly dont see it. Why wait 2-3 years. Thats boring to me. Much more its subhumane from a sportsfan pov.

I think for us europeans the whole concept of tanking is very strange, because loosing over here means to lose your spot in the league instead of being awarded with the best prospect. So here there is no chance to rebuild without competing.

I like the draft system and the idea that it should help weaker teams to get a chance to compete, but the aspect of tanking is.... strange...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 3

I don't think the team is tanking, but they are very very very bad. I know Ferry hasn't been here long, but the team is no different with him at the helm. In fact after his off season this past summer the Hawks are a worse off team. The Hawks havent't been this bad in a while.

• Premium Member

Just ignore the cumulative effect of injuries piling up.

Seriously. It's like people think that this current roster is the team that won us all of these game. That this is the team Ferry built during the offseason. We had a good team before we lost our best player and all of his back ups. We've also lost DMC and Korver to multiple games. We were going to wind up overachieving with a healthy roster. I was okay with that because it meant Bud was a good hire.Even now, you have us under 500 and in the playoffs. Do you think Ferry saw the entire East being awful? We should be competing for a lottery pick after these injuries, not a low playoff seed. He can't control the fact that we are less talented but more successful than over half of the East. Should we fire our coach?
  • Like 2

Maybe it's like you said, you don't get these threads. I don't think anyone's said anything you're asserting. We're not going to end up with a good pick. We're gonna end up with a 18-22-range pick which won't likely be the superstar this franchise needs. The problem is, like has been said ad nauseum, we're setting ourselves up to be perpetually a middle team. That doesn't bore you?

Good ol' Bob Sura. Was a beast that 1-2 week period or whatever it was. Wasn't Jon Barry on that squad too? Also, lol at you thinking the league was gonna give us Howard.

Well the OP suggested to trade away the 3 exceptional players(OK Teague is in no-mans-land) on the current roster to then suck even more so you can draft one or two hopefully exceptional players.

Tell me then how that makes sense roster wise. To me just seems like Youthism.

Tell me how the course of the next years wouldnt be more boring than making the playoffs and at least watching the games and hoping your team wins?

This team is build for a rebuild, but drafting your way out isnt the only option and its always one with many shaky variables as well while it always seems as guaranteed succes next year when reading some of these posts. While at best it would just mean reaching the second play-off round.

On the other hand Hawks could draft a Roy Hibbert, a Lance Stevenson etc and make them work on the Spurs system and a team with players that already know what they are up to, while Atlanta does have some tradable assets and cash.

All this tanking talk is nonsense from the actual reality pov and what the Hawks are set out to do.

Edited by DS17Fanboy