• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pelicans

lethalweapon3

Yep I never expected AD to be this good offensively as I've never seen a beanpole C be able to shoot like he does plus he's capable of dunking from anywhere in the paint anytime. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a great one.

• Premium Member

Yep I never expected AD to be this good offensively as I've never seen a beanpole C be able to shoot like he does plus he's capable of dunking from anywhere in the paint anytime. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a great one.

Brandan Wright>Anthony Davis...Brandan Wright's win share .228 vs .222 for Anthony Davis. LOL!

• Like 1

AD is an unique talent... he could become one of the greatest...

4ed888fd.png

That's really impressive...

Wtf, he never turns the ball over. I love how he doesn't shoot threes, too, hopefully he never does, regardless if he could easily shoot .333 with that stroke. I'm sure he compares favorably to Wilt, Hakeem, David, and Kareem, too. If he actually continues to get better yearly, by 2017 the league should be his and his alone, no matter who he's playing with. I've neve seen a player so cognizant of conserving energy while still outclassing everyone else on the floor. Michael Jordan in his later years, that's it. In post game interviews he looks like he just awoke from a nap. Edited by benhillboy

Brandan Wright>Anthony Davis...Brandan Wright's win share .228 vs .222 for Anthony Davis. LOL!

That doesn't surprise me to see you being confused by stats as they play significantly different amounts of minutes. Davis has 10 win shares this year while Wright has 4. But to make you look even more foolish as you're clearly trying to make Wright sound like he's a scrub, look at their numbers on a PER 36 basis (meaning their stats are calculated as if both played 36 minutes per game). Not such an "LOL" moment now is it Miley?

Davis - 22 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks, .590 TS%

Wright - 18 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, .690 TS%

And hey tell us again how AD isn't a center I'd love to hear some more nonsense from you in this thread.

• Like 1

That doesn't surprise me to see you being confused by stats as they play significantly different amounts of minutes. Davis has 10 win shares this year while Wright has 4. But to make you look even more foolish as you're clearly trying to make Wright sound like he's a scrub, look at their numbers on a PER 36 basis (meaning their stats are calculated as if both played 36 minutes per game). Not such an "LOL" moment now is it Miley?

Davis - 22 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks, .590 TS%

Wright - 18 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, .690 TS%

And hey tell us again how AD isn't a center I'd love to hear some more nonsense from you in this thread.

Even though stats shouldn't be extrapolated, that's great production from Wright in the minutes he gets. Any reason why he doesn't play more?

Even though stats shouldn't be extrapolated, that's great production from Wright in the minutes he gets. Any reason why he doesn't play more?

He can't play those mins without his game dropping off tremendously. I always wonder what would have happened if he was a healthy player from the jump of his NBA career.

• Like 1

Anthony Davis is a boss but I dont trust the pelicans to properly build around him. They already did a horrible job this offseason by signing Tyreke evans and trading their 2014 pick and Noel (2013 pick) for jrue holiday to go along with another ball dominant guard like eric gordon and draft bust austin rivers.

Talented but HORRIBLY built team.

• Like 1

He can't play those mins without his game dropping off tremendously. I always wonder what would have happened if he was a healthy player from the jump of his NBA career.

That's not exactly accurate as he's never really gotten a chance to play more minutes and there are numerous studies that show that increasing minutes generally increases production in line with their per minute averages.

Only his coaches can answer why he's not playing more as he keeps his fouls down and he plays well in the minutes that he gets.

As I mentioned in the other post there is a good bit of study that has been done that show that production tends to hold when increase minutes for most players. Obviously you can't predict that when someone only plays a few minutes but considering he's averaged 18 mpg the past 2 years with very similar production in both years suggests that increasing his minutes to 30 and you could see a good return on those minutes. No guarantee on that of course and there might be more to the reason why he's not playing more minutes but it would be interesting to see him now getting to play 30mpg on some team to see what he could produce.

Well isnt the Brandan Wright answer a bit to obvious in him having allot of weak spots on defense?

I mean I love Wright. I have seen all Mavs games this year and he generally does very well when thrown in, but in this day and age of driving and 3's he srsly lacks as a rim-protector.

Not that he doesnt rebound and block, but rather that he's not very good at postitioning, his ground game and boxing out.

If he would have had that and a more healthy body he would be elite, no doubt. Excellent role player though being thrown in jumping upon unprepared defenses.

But indeed what if he just plays for the wrong team, that makes use of his primary abilities and needs a bully ala Dalembert to start along side a weak defensive team. Maybe it is as we say in Germany "A man grows by his assignments" and Wright could have grown out a greater player on a team more demanding of him.

Edited by DS17Fanboy