• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think this might be the turning point in our franchise

SeminoleDoug

• Premium Member

We already have our big guys. Muscala is slowly proving he belongs, and Bebe could be a nice surprise if he leaves Spain for the Hawks (which I suppose he will do).

great post nonetheless, I believe signing Stephenson could go a long way. Just not sure why would I want to bench Carroll, playing the way he is.

Korver could be more of a thread coming off the bench, so teams wouldn't plan to stop him night in and night out. Could be next 6th man of the year.

Teague / Stephenson / Carroll / Millsap / Horford could be a hell of a defensive lineup and still very capable in the offensive side of the game.

• Like 1

Great OP. I'm not sure Lance is the guy that would fit in with what the Hawks are trying to build. We are a ball and player moving team. Lance is an iso first guy that needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

IF we can pull off the frist round upset that would be a good step forward. Getting the Wiz in 2nd round certainly would interesting; however, I don't think we match up well with them. Wall is a up and coming PG. Teague tends to have a hard time against scoring PGs. We don't really have a good answer for their bigs, but Bud may come up with a way to neutralize that issue. Point is, I don't take it as a given that we'd get past the Wiz in the 2nd round. This is Hawkland and we've NEVER gotten past the 2nd round. For me, i'll take it one game at a time.

• Like 3

Lance Stephenson may be what destroyed the Pacers locker room. I have to read more on the situation, but that is a game changer for me even wanting him on this team. At this point I rather target Danny Granger for cheap (I still think he can be a 20 point scorer) and draft a SG/SF with potential for Bud to build.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Granger seems like a better fit. He looks like he may finally be healthy again and would be a better bargain than Lance. I like "Born Ready" but I also am not ignorant to the fact that he may not be the best teammate. Granger doesn't have that issue.

Great OP. I'm not sure Lance is the guy that would fit in with what the Hawks are trying to build. We are a ball and player moving team. Lance is an iso first guy that needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

IF we can pull off the frist round upset that would be a good step forward. Getting the Wiz in 2nd round certainly would interesting; however, I don't think we match up well with them. Wall is a up and coming PG. Teague tends to have a hard time against scoring PGs. We don't really have a good answer for their bigs, but Bud may come up with a way to neutralize that issue. Point is, I don't take it as a given that we'd get past the Wiz in the 2nd round. This is Hawkland and we've NEVER gotten past the 2nd round. For me, i'll take it one game at a time.

I can see that maybe Stephenson has some locker room problems. I don't have time to follow the entire NBA. Barely have time to still follow the Hawks. But, I guess if we can pick up a really good SG or SF...and draft a really good big man in the draft (we'll have two mid to mid-late 1st round picks to work with)...then we should be very, very good. I don't see a team other than the Heat that should be better than us, frankly.

Honestly, a player like Trevor Ariza seems like a much better fit than Stephenson. More of a Spurs type of 3&D platyer and I was surprised to see he's only 28.

I see him as the sort of under the radar Ferry type of signing and I hate to root for guys like Lance with questionable attitudes. Can't deny his talent but I just don't see him fitting into what we're building.

• Like 2

We only have one first rounder...we had rights to swap pick with nets but now we won't since ours is #15 and theirs is 19 or 20 or something

Hayward would be a better look than Stephenson...granger would be nice if he is actually getting healthy

Lots of good sg/sf prospects in the draft at #15 and Bebe will add to our big man depth

I really don't like Stephenson. He plays out of control, talks trash and every time he makes a shot he starts flailing around like it was a game winner in the first quarter. I also don't know how good he would be for our team in regards to attitude. He mopes around when things don't go his way and when he gets frustrated he locks in on isolation offense. Like in game three there was 3 seconds left and the Hawks were up by about 11 and because he was mad he ran over and fouled. Then he walked over to his bench shuffling his feet ignoring the game like someone took his sucker. He really irritates me.

• Like 1