• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

dennis schröder

igorunso

hello guys

i m from germany so sorry for my bad english..

firstly, i ve been watching a lot of hawks game this season to see schröder play.

i must admit that its the first season i m really following the hawks.

so what are the long- term plans about him?

and what is your opinion about him?

does mack get a new contract next season? i think he s a solid backup pg

i m well aware that schröder won t get many minutes in the playoffs. is it because of the matchup and the strategy against indiana? or will he get more minutes in the possible semis if buddenholzer can t use atlanta s spread offense?

I think most around here believe in the potential of Schröder, but he's got a ways to go until he can be trusted to play big minutes. That is very unlikely to happen in the playoffs this year unless Mack and/or Lou get injured.

Welcome to Hawksquawk!

• Like 3

Welcome to the board igorunso!

I really hope Denis develops along the lines of Tony Parker, but we'll see. PG play is essential in Coach Bud's system, so Denis needs to get better at delivering the ball. Moreover, he just has to learn the NBA game. Once things slow down for him on the court I think we'll see him develop into a very good player.

No worries on your English. Keep posting!

• Premium Member

Schröder was just not prepared for the NBA this year IMO. Hopefully a full year of practicing with the team and the steady minutes he got late on in the year will help him out for next season. Barring injury there is little chance Schröder gets to see the floor outside of garbage time these playoffs. I still like his potential to be a good backup PG in this league, but the kid is not ready yet.

• Like 1

Dennis has struggled with the speed of the NBA in terms of passing. Just too many UNFORCED turnovers because he thinks guys were open. His turnovers did improve later in the season. When he drives the ball to the rim and shoots he is also protecting it better so it doesn't get stripped or blocked. His shooting motion looks better. If DMC/Scott/Milsap can improve their shot with this coaching staff I have high hopes for Dennis.

Summer league will be important for him.

He is doing a good job in the playoffs cheering for his teammates...good to see. Although he won't play - experiencing the intensity of playoff basketball is important for his development.

I honestly think Dennis' lack of body strength on the defensive end may have more to do with him not seeing the floor. He was able to pick pocket guys during summer league but is not as effective against opponents regulars plus whoever he is guarding just bodies him all the way to the post.

He and Bebe both have to add at least 20 lbs over the next couple of seasons before they can hang with NBA pros

I honestly think Dennis' lack of body strength on the defensive end may have more to do with him not seeing the floor. He was able to pick pocket guys during summer league but is not as effective against opponents regulars plus whoever he is guarding just bodies him all the way to the post.

He and Bebe both have to add at least 20 lbs over the next couple of seasons before they can hang with NBA pros

I remember reading that in summer league Bud gave him the freedom to pick up the ball handler full court. Once the season started Bud said he pulled him back because the refs were calling too many foul (rookie treatment).

His PnR defense was good, he has good body position to fight through and around screens.

You are right in that he struggled in the post.

Just think back to what Tony Parker said the other day that his rookie season Tim Duncan never even spoke to him so a little tough love as a rookie isn't always a bad thing and I'm confident that Budz knows what he's doing here.

• Like 1

hello guys

i m from germany so sorry for my bad english..

firstly, i ve been watching a lot of hawks game this season to see schröder play.

i must admit that its the first season i m really following the hawks.

so what are the long- term plans about him?

and what is your opinion about him?

does mack get a new contract next season? i think he s a solid backup pg

i m well aware that schröder won t get many minutes in the playoffs. is it because of the matchup and the strategy against indiana? or will he get more minutes in the possible semis if buddenholzer can t use atlanta s spread offense?

@igorunso Oh and welcome aboard the Squawk - you are in for a hell of a ride!

Just think back to what Tony Parker said the other day that his rookie season Tim Duncan never even spoke to him so a little tough love as a rookie isn't always a bad thing and I'm confident that Budz knows what he's doing here.

LOL...I read that, too funny.

TP had 151 turnovers to 334 assists his rookie season. SA had the stars to overcome all those turnovers though.

Dennis will be alright Praying.gif

LOL...I read that, too funny.

TP had 151 turnovers to 334 assists his rookie season. SA had the stars to overcome all those turnovers though.

Dennis will be alright Praying.gif

That's actually not awful it's better than 2:1. I can probably still go back and find the threads where I was begging the Hawks to draft Parker that year. Have we finally found our PG now in Teague and possibly Schröder as well? I dunno but I'm feeling optimistic that this new #Insaniteague is for real.

That's actually not awful it's better than 2:1. I can probably still go back and find the threads where I was begging the Hawks to draft Parker that year. Have we finally found our PG now in Teague and possibly Schröder as well? I dunno but I'm feeling optimistic that this new #Insaniteague is for real.

I had no idea who TP was - I remember the 'experts' laughing at POP for starting this 19 year old french man to run his team with future HOF's. Pop did get the last laugh.

Igorunso:

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the English. The entire idea of language

is to share your thoughts / feelings with others and you are doing just fine.

Hawks have, for many years, wanted a point guard. Finally, they started to

grow their own in Jeff Teague and that is working well. Dennis the Menace

is in the very early stages of growing into an NBA point guard.

• Premium Member

Willkommen!

I think Dennis has all the tools to be a good PG in the NBA, but he needs to add some pounds to that skinny frame. Getting rid of the silly turnovers will come with more playing time, which he should have once Mack and/or (hopefully) get booted from the team.

He'll probably play zero minutes in this year's playoffs but I surely hope next year he develops his play even more and take the backup PG spot from whomever has it at the beggining of the season.

The problem is that's he's going to be a back up for at least three more years. Teague is going to be our pg throughout his contract, and he should be.... He gets better every year.

He played some garbage time second game in Indiana. Had like two for two shooting and two rebounds, maybe an assist as well with also a PF.

I think he's learning allot out there and is slowly getting used to the leagu. And he made some hungry sounding comments about using this summer to get shredded and being a much better player next year.

So eat your proteine and vegetables stay away from strip clubs Dennis. Enough of that to around when its all said and done.

• Like 1