Dario Šarić!

SerbianHawk

This guy could be in the Hawks uniform nex year.

I am big Red Star Belgrade fan, and in a two games I went this season against Cibona (Sarić current club) Hawks scouts was there. Judging by that, and Danny Ferry’s history of drafting Euro prospects I am sure if Sarić slips to 15-th postion, he will draft him. If that happens, it can be steal of the century.

I’am no scout, but just watching him against ten years older players you can see how special he is. This guy is right now better than Pau Gasol was in his age, and I thing Sarić is best young player in Europe since Dirk Nowitzki, this is not exaggeration. Till last year he was considered best talent in Europe, but last couple of months his is amazing. Last week hi won ABA league practically alone, and his progress is evident with every single game.

This video is from his games last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCk4vUx0_J0

• Premium Member

IIRC the was thought to be a lottery pick before his withdrawal from last year's draft. They say this draft is deeper, so maybe he could slip to mid-teens.

I like what I see, and wouldn't mind if this is the path taken by DF.

Some will think "Nah, another Europlayer", but Saric really has potential. I always liked Jugoslavija basketball.

• Like 1

He would be a nice addition to the team, but I don't think he's a future super-star in the NBA. His offensive game looks more like a SF than PF. His rebounding isn't very good, but he can box out bigger players.

We're pretty set at PF, so he'd probably line up at 3 for the Hawks. Mighty tall for a SF, could he stay in front of quicker 3s? He would be another good floor-spacer, so I'm sure that interests DF.

Supposedly good on the boards and in transition too. DraftExpress has him going at 9, NBADraft has him at 13, doubt he falls to the Hawks. Honestly, I'd rather have LaVine at 15, but if Saric falls this far would DF be foolish to pass him up? From what I've read, his dad stated he wants Dario to stay in Europe one more season, which along with his BBIQ and floor-spreading deep threat is probably very attractive to DF. But now would probably be ideal timing since he's already 20, just won the Adriatic championship, and also snagged MVP:

"Dario Saric Adriatic League Final Four Video Analysis
April 29, 2014
Dario Saric led his Cibona team to a historic Adriatic League Championship this past weekend, with wins over Red Star and Cedevita at Kombank arena in Belgrade. This was the first Adriatic League championship Cibona has ever won despite being inaugural members of the competition in 2001, and the first time a Croatian team has captured the title since KK Zadar won it in 2003 (back when only one Serbian team, Red Star, participated).

Saric, the reigning MVP of the league, who turned 20 years old just three weeks ago, was absolutely huge in the two game, single-elimination Final Four format, totaling 44 points, 26 rebounds, 13 assists and 5 blocks in 77 minutes, shooting a blistering 8-16 from beyond the arc. He was in turn named MVP of the Final Four as well.

Danilo Gallinari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much. Both Euros, same exact size and position, hope Dario will be less fragile. Having a 17/5 SF with a 17 PER wouldn't be the end of the world wink3.gif

Edited by hazer