• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about this thought.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Horford, Sap, Korver, Joe Jesus, and Teague.

If we had gotten rid of Smoove and Marvin sooner and had a Korver, DMC, and Sap...And had Bud coaching. This could have been the team. I think this team could have won a lot more than what we had simply because we had better players and better coaching.

We're going to win more in the future. We can't change the past, much as we

would really like to.

Right now, with the coach and talent we have, we're pushing the # 1 seed in the east

as far as we can. Someone tonight is going to advance. We've already shocked

some of those "experts" who thought Indianapolis in five or surely six. Didn't happen.

The same year we drafted Scott in the second round, we drafted the best pure shooter

in the draft and he's out for the season but coming back next year. We have an all star

center who also is out for the year but should be back 100% when the new season opens.

We have a draft pick coming. He's not anywhere near the top but prove to me he's no good.

Remember, a couple of our present roster were 2nd round picks and we think that 1st

round picks should be even better.

With all the new blood coming, we must shed some of our present roster. We may package

two or three for another player we really want.

Looking at the future, knowing what we've already done under our rookie coach, we feel that

the future is bright for Bud and his boys!

GO ATL HAWKS!!!!

• Like 3

Horford, Sap, Korver, Joe Jesus, and Teague.

If we had gotten rid of Smoove and Marvin sooner and had a Korver, DMC, and Sap...And had Bud coaching. This could have been the team. I think this team could have won a lot more than what we had simply because we had better players and better coaching.

How about this....we are slashing SG away from being real contenders in my opinion.

Pg- Teague is emerging into all star quality.

Sg- is a draft pick away from having a legit contender on the court. With the ability to bring sharp shooter Korver off the bench.

Sf-DMC is an above average defender on the perimeter and he has developed the ability to knock down the 3 ball! and he can avg 7 Rebs a game.

Pf-Sap is a legit all star player now and from his speed to his newly 3 ball talent to his crafty low post moves we aren't going to find a better pf on the market.

C- horford is still a top 10 center even though he's smaller, and we all know the 17/10 Big can bring it and stay consistent.

Yeah maybe I am crazy but there's no improving Sap and Horford positions on this team unless we get a star like Kevin love. For some odd reason I don't worry too much about true centers anymore because of coach bud knowing how to adjust and DMC who will usually fight and get Rebs to help.

Yeah if we got lance from the pacers he might just be worth it...and by that I mean worth the BIG money.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Joe 5 years ago..hell yea .. Joe today hell no

Joe 5 years ago..hell yea .. Joe today hell no

Hell no?

JJ is shooting 54% FG and 44% 3FG in these playoffs, while averaging 21 ppg. He's playing the role in Brooklyn that he couldn't play in Atlanta. And that is the role of a pure shooter/scorer. He's been very good in that series.

In Atlanta, he had to try to be a poor man's Lebron James because of our lack of talent at PG and the lack of shot creators on the team. Had he'd been playing with this version of Teague, along with a very good all around offensive talent like Millsap, we'd be at least the #3 seed this season.

• Like 2

Kyle was acquired specifically from money saved from Joe. Even if you are suggesting we acquired him in free agency that money was already eaten up by Sap, Teague's extension and Joe's ballooning deal so no this is a pipe dream.

Yes north side.. hell no!

Joe from a few years ago in this system would be lights out , but JJ is no fine wine and age has to be considered

• Premium Member

How about this....we are slashing SG away from being real contenders in my opinion.

Pg- Teague is emerging into all star quality.

Sg- is a draft pick away from having a legit contender on the court. With the ability to bring sharp shooter Korver off the bench.

Sf-DMC is an above average defender on the perimeter and he has developed the ability to knock down the 3 ball! and he can avg 7 Rebs a game.

Pf-Sap is a legit all star player now and from his speed to his newly 3 ball talent to his crafty low post moves we aren't going to find a better pf on the market.

C- horford is still a top 10 center even though he's smaller, and we all know the 17/10 Big can bring it and stay consistent.

Yeah maybe I am crazy but there's no improving Sap and Horford positions on this team unless we get a star like Kevin love. For some odd reason I don't worry too much about true centers anymore because of coach bud knowing how to adjust and DMC who will usually fight and get Rebs to help.

Yeah if we got lance from the pacers he might just be worth it...and by that I mean worth the BIG money.

Did you ever think that if we beat the Clipps and face Washington and beat them, that we would be in the ECF?

What's more contender than that?

I love what we have now when Al comes back. We have cap room to add, Bebe coming over, pick 15, trade assets. Were in a conference where there is only one team that can really overmatch us and that team is getting older and may be in transition soon. Future is bright if we make savy moves.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I love what we have now when Al comes back. We have cap room to add, Bebe coming over, pick 15, trade assets. Were in a conference where there is only one team that can really overmatch us and that team is getting older and may be in transition soon. Future is bright if we make savy moves.

I have to spring a little bit of honest on you.

Bebe may never come over. He was a player to hide overseas. We'll prolly end up trading him. Also, our division is getting really good.

Washington - Really Good.

Charlotte - Scary Good.

Miami - Still Good.

Only Orlando is slack in our division (not conference). What's going to be interesting is what happens with Charlotte and all that money and what happens with Trevor Ariza.

I have to spring a little bit of honest on you.

Bebe may never come over. He was a player to hide overseas. We'll prolly end up trading him. Also, our division is getting really good.

Washington - Really Good.

Charlotte - Scary Good.

Miami - Still Good.

Only Orlando is slack in our division (not conference). What's going to be interesting is what happens with Charlotte and all that money and what happens with Trevor Ariza.

Good yes, can they overmatch us like what a Miami has been the last few years hell no. We are perfectly capable of beating any of them in a playoff series this year if we had Al. We should not only have Al but we should be able

to add players as well. Im saying the confernce is about to become an open slate and the Hawks are right in the mix. We can be scary good as well. It really depends on if the Heat pull off a move that keeps them out of our league for alot more years to come.

Good yes, can they overmatch us like what a Miami has been the last few years hell no. We are perfectly capable of beating any of them in a playoff series this year if we had Al. We should not only have Al but we should be able

to add players as well. Im saying the confernce is about to become an open slate and the Hawks are right in the mix. We can be scary good as well. It really depends on if the Heat pull off a move that keeps them out of our league for alot more years to come.

Exactly and what we hawk fans need to start realizing is that is not that sap and horford or even Jeff Teague can't be replaced it's who are you going to replace them with?...especially when we start looking at all around game! For example Gortat & Asik are more fitting true centers but when we talk about overall game horford is better than a lot of these so called true centers. So if we have to lose horford his replacement need to be someone who can actually be better than him! Not just someone that can protect the rim cause he's tall or get a bunch of boards but can't score for shit!

Milsap same thing...unless we are getting kevin love, milsap will be a keeper.

Teagues recent emergence will keep him on the team for now.

I have realized that it's not always about height and size. It's about heart, hustle, and wheather or not the team is buying in the coach scheme as well as learning to trust each other.

And last just because I want to get this out there...Horford can complain all he wants, no matter what he says he's a big man that can play center and play it damn good! Ferry and bud knows that and more than likely he will remain a center like it or not. I'm sure bud will make changes if necessary against bigger centers.

• Premium Member

The real question is can we win with Teague being the man. He's the guy he is now because everybody who was more assertive is out of his way. He probably wouldn't be this Teague with Joe or Josh still here.

That comes down to coaching.