• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Biggest Need

jmac54

• Premium Member

You know (and I realize this is useless discussion), I think JoeJohn would've done quite well for us if he were placed on the current team.

Read my mind. We need a new version of Joe Johnson. A big guard who can defend and hit the outside shot. A guy who has an arrangement of moves that can get him good looks in the paint and the midrange.

Afflalo = 6'5" 215. That's a guy that will be pushed around by the Lebrons of the game.

Seriously, I watched Joe Johnson just straight Bully Derozan for 7 games. Derozan is not a small guy himself. But when 240 is posting up 220.. 220 needs help.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You know (and I realize this is useless discussion), I think JoeJohn would've done quite well for us if he were placed on the current team.

Read my mind. We need a new version of Joe Johnson. A big guard who can defend and hit the outside shot. A guy who has an arrangement of moves that can get him good looks in the paint and the midrange.

Afflalo = 6'5" 215. That's a guy that will be pushed around by the Lebrons of the game.

Seriously, I watched Joe Johnson just straight Bully Derozan for 7 games. Derozan is not a small guy himself. But when 240 is posting up 220.. 220 needs help.

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson is probably the biggest guy at his position outside of Lebron. What other 240 LBs small forwards even out there? (Don't say Diaw). Joe weighs more than some PFs in the game.

Don't see us signing Deng, Ariza, Gay or trading for Afflalo. If anything we draft someone that can potentially play SF or SG and pick up a guy like P.J. Tucker who fits the system as a good 3 pt shooter and rebounder at SF

Lost me with your bench. Lou Williams, man, c'mon.

Luol Deng would probably work very well with our system. Rudy Gay, not so sure.

I've been pretty much expecting Ferry to make a run at Deng. Not sure we'll get him, as I know there will be suitors, but he just fits almost every criteria of need/bud's system. Could he be a guy to take a little less to come here over a bad situation throwing more $$$ at him? Don't know.

Teague

Korver

Deng

Millsap

Horford

It's better. That's for sure.

Don't see us signing Deng, Ariza, Gay or trading for Afflalo. If anything we draft someone that can potentially play SF or SG and pick up a guy like P.J. Tucker who fits the system as a good 3 pt shooter and rebounder at SF

I absolutely think we'll draft a SF (or a SG/SF type). There are a couple of FBS (Ferry/Bud System) guys right around #15. But he'll be for the future. We'll add someone, like we did for Carroll, to start over the rook as we bring him along. Will it be a Deng? Dunno, even though I like him. Could be someone smaller like you suggest. But this appears to be the plan.

SG/SF that sends either Korver or DMC to the bench. A player who can score himself or create for others at end of clock/end of game situations.

Dennis has an invite to play for the german national team

The Hawks would also like him to play in SL.

When is the German team playing?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't know about Deng. Skill-set wise he is a perfect fit. He's just not healthy, and I don't think he'll be fully healthy the rest of his career. If Deng wants to come on a cheap contract then i'm all in, but I doubt he will.

I don't know about Deng. Skill-set wise he is a perfect fit. He's just not healthy, and I don't think he'll be fully healthy the rest of his career. If Deng wants to come on a cheap contract then i'm all in, but I doubt he will.

He's coming off a $14 million deal. He turned down 3yr/30 million extension from Chicago.

What kind of deal would be ideal?

He's coming off a $14 million deal. He turned down 3yr/30 million extension from Chicago.

What kind of deal would be ideal?

two yr 14 if we sell him the dream

our training staff could do some work Edited by GrimeyKidd

Actually, NO

This is the first season in a long time that we did not hear anything from the ownership what so ever. Plus they did hire our new CEO (one of the reason why the PAC is back), so he and Ferry will be working together to make this team better.

Our biggest need right now is a SF and a another major piece to the team but that means you might have to let somebody go or trade to get them.

They still suck, and they won't into the luxury tax. I want new owners.

They still suck, and they won't into the luxury tax. I want new owners.

Avoiding the luxury tax sounds like a proper concern to me. It's really huge nowadays. That's what the new CBA is all about. Make the tax that expensive that it really hurts and nobody wants to pay it.

And beside the biggest makets and a russion oligarch it seems nobody wants to.

And empty seats don't help in this case...

IMO a foreign billionaire won't come to throw his money at the hawks, because I think Atlanta isn't a place to show off with outside the U.S.

So let's hope Ferry makes the best out of the circumstances...

• Like 3