• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Our Biggest Need

jmac54

Ok as I said since the beggining of the season. WE NEED AN SF.

Demarre Carroll would be perfect coming off the bench. We need an SF that is a closer type guy who can finish off a game for you and a goto guy....Do you know who im talking about?..

Yes Rudy Gay. He would fit perfectly in Atlantas offense whether you guys like it or not and even though people look at how innefficient he was as a Raptor. He would not be heavily relied upon in the ATL as he was in Toronto. Hands down. We need to make a push for this guy.

Our Starting Lineup would then be :

PG - Teague

SG - Korver

Sf - Rudy Gay
Pf - Millsap

C - Horford

Bench :

Mike Scott

Demarre Carroll

Lou Williams

Schröder

Mack

Then Another Backup Big Man. We would be verryyy deep and would have that guy to close out games at the end. Which we clearly didnt have in Game 4 and in Game 6

• Premium Member

Sorry but I used to be on the Rudy Gaye train but I'm off now because he sucks. Toronto got better by trading him away. He is not efficient.

We should think about guys like Gordon Hayward, Trevor Ariza, Chandler Wilson, or a cheaper Loul Deng.

I can't really tell you which wing player would best fit the system or not. I do know that an upgrade is needed there; hoping that Demarre Carroll becomes that guy that opposing teams fear going against is foolhardy thinking.

• Premium Member

Rebounding can probably be obtained on the cheap. I was thinking Jordan Hill. Can rebound, protects the rim, but is somewhat offensively challenged. And he doesn't strike me as a bad team mate. Probably a good backup PF/C.

• Premium Member

I hope Bebe pans out in the NBA, but you never know. Can't simple put him in the fire the moment he gets in the team. He should be our 3rd string center. On the other hand, Hill is already a seasoned player who has proved he belongs.

Horford / Hill / Bebe would be a formidable trio at the 5, IMO.

• Like 1

New ownership.

Actually, NO

This is the first season in a long time that we did not hear anything from the ownership what so ever. Plus they did hire our new CEO (one of the reason why the PAC is back), so he and Ferry will be working together to make this team better.

Our biggest need right now is a SF and a another major piece to the team but that means you might have to let somebody go or trade to get them.

• Like 1

Lost me with your bench. Lou Williams, man, c'mon.

Luol Deng would probably work very well with our system. Rudy Gay, not so sure.

Totally agree. Louwill needs to go. Deng would fit perfectly. A SF needs to be our first position drafted, someone that can grow into it. Keep Mad Dog for another year.

• Like 1

Louwill needs to go, Antić as well but here is the question that I been thinking about this morning.

Right now, this team has atleast 15 mil in cap space this year, and Sap has did a excellent job for this team but it is a expired contract as well, should we be looking for offers for him?

I like some of the answers here so far. No 'trade Antić and a second-rounder for Durant and Ibaka' ideas so far.

I said this for years and this message is no different; they need an upgrade at small forward and probably shooting guard as well. While I like Demarre's tenacity and Korver's jumpshot as much as the next guy, they are better fit coming off your bench playing 15-25 mins. a night. The longer the Pacer series went, the more obvious that became to anyone paying attention. IMHO, the ideal replacement would be a certain small forward in Manhattan. I know that Carmelo Anthony is very likely to re-sign with NYC (especially with Phil Jackson running the show), but if there is waffling of any kind, they have to at least try to sell him the dream. In the likely event that doesn't pan out, I can see them going for...

-Trevor Ariza (pros: plays defense, good shooter, team player, been on the big stage before, still young. cons: never been the alpha dog (or beta one for that matter))

-Rudy Gay (pros; wants to be an alpha dog, can score in bunches from anywhere on the court, loves the ball in the waning seconds. cons: black hole reputation, doesn't always make his teammates better, doesn't exactly produce alpha dog stats when needed (ask any Raptors fan))

-Luol Deng (pros: been in the spotlight before, team player, plays defense, can hang up some numbers when needed. cons: not the healthiest guy in the world, how much tread is left on those tires? (he was driven pretty hard in Chicago))

Again, IMHO, anything other than those three would be window dressing barring a trade, which is possible given how much loot the Hawks have to play with under the cap (could be as much as $20M) as well as Millsap's expiring contract. I really don't consider the 15th pick as making much of any impact the following season (being burned so many times in the draft as a Hawks fan can do that) and since no one knows what Bebe (or Schoeder for that matter) is in terms of being NBA ready, I'm not leaning on either of them to be difference makers yet.

I know what will likely shake out of this offseason but I do know this; just bringing back Al Horford and drafting a player to stash away in Europe to save $$$ isn't going to be enough. The East isn't going to be this bad forever. They need to strike while the iron's still hot...

• Premium Member

We need a good 2 and 3 or at least one of those. Korver is a joke starting and DMC is not a full time player either. In addition we need a inside player that can score in the low post and rebound.