• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True Center you say?....huh

JTB

All that said, in the end... the Spurs outrebound their opponents and we don't. That's the bottom line. We don't outrebound our opponents. An extra possession would be nice here and there.

For the Spurs and most teams; it comes down to having a complete front line. Here is the recent playoff line against Portland.

Leonard: 7.5 RPG

Duncan: 8.3 RPG

Splitter: 7.7

The Pacers are so similar its like watching the same front line on the boards with George, West, and Hibbert. Unless we can get a center who can average 11-12 boards a game; we need a SF and/or SG that can get at least 6.

I don't think Ferry is Ignoring the fact that we only averaged 9.5 RPG from our starting SF and SG combined.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

For the Spurs and most teams; it comes down to having a complete front line. Here is the recent playoff line against Portland.

The Pacers are so similar its like watching the same front line on the boards with George, West, and Hibbert. Unless we can get a center who can average 11-12 boards a game; we need a SF and/or SG that can get at least 6.

I don't think Ferry is Ignoring the fact that we only averaged 9.5 RPG from our starting SF and SG combined.

Exactly this. Antić and Brand both averaged 4 rebounds a game. Al doubles that easily.

• Moderators

Al will absolutely upgrade our rebounding next year. SA has never looked for an upgrade at center and has made it a priority to have size and length inside. It will be interesting to see if we do that going forward. David Robinson was a big time player at C but most years it has been a role player like Rasho Nesterovic or Tiago Splitter who helps keep Duncan's pounding in the post down.

• Premium Member

Getting Lance on our squad combined with bringing back Al healthy would theoretically have us easily outrebounding our opponents but is Lance too much of a headcase?

Getting Lance on our squad combined with bringing back Al healthy would theoretically have us easily outrebounding our opponents but is Lance too much of a headcase?

That is my only worry with him. Adding Lance to go with a healthy Horford would move us up a few spots in the defensive rebounding rankings for sure.

2.1 more defensive rebounds a game would put us in a tie with Sacramento and Orlando who were 11th. 2.5 more would put us at 7th right on the heels of OKC who were 6th this year.

Lance averaged 5.9 defensive rebounds per game. Carroll averaged 4.1, Korver averaged 3.7. Now add in a healthy Horford and I think its easy to see we could be a top defensive rebounding team next season with Lance.

• Like 1

That is my only worry with him. Adding Lance to go with a healthy Horford would move us up a few spots in the defensive rebounding rankings for sure.

2.1 more defensive rebounds a game would put us in a tie with Sacramento and Orlando who were 11th. 2.5 more would put us at 7th right on the heels of OKC who were 6th this year.

Lance averaged 5.9 defensive rebounds per game. Carroll averaged 4.1, Korver averaged 3.7. Now add in a healthy Horford and I think its easy to see we could be a top defensive rebounding team next season with Lance.

Definitely agree! Adding lance would make us a top rebounding team with everyone healthy.

I even think Rudy gay may can do the same. If Korver can avg atleast one more board.

Via Hoopshype, Hawks interested in Omer Asik?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Here's the rest of it:

Sam: "Houston is looking to unload Asik and Lin to make a run at Anthony. I dont think you can move Lin and the $15 million backloaded hes due next season. But you may be able to move Asik, whom Ive already heard several teams, like Atlanta to move Al Horford to four, are pursuing. The Hawks could look pretty good with that front court. Houston likes stars, though Williams hardly qualifies anymore. I see the Nets have trotted out the bad ankle excuse for him again, and hed have broken some 20-yard dash figures the way he ran away from shots in that clinching game against the Heat. With Williams 30 this summer, in steep decline, a bad locker room presence and owed $63 million for the next three years, I dont see how that would help the Rockets as much as it would the Nets."

Here's my opinion of this:

Go for it! The only reason I say that is because asik has just one more year left on his contract so why not do it and see what happens. BUT DO NOT move Sap to get it done! Just take on asiks salary and I guess sap will come off the bench.

I'm cool with Sap off the bench as long as he gets his minutes atleast 28-33 per game and he should stay as an effective player for us. Maybe some time at SF here and there also won't be a bad idea.

This is where I am on getting the so called true centers. If we get one then sap will likely come off the bench and play some key minutes at SF. If we got a center that's more offense prone like hawes we can keep the starting lineup we have and rotate sap, horford, hawes at pf and center. (Asik need minutes on the court to be effective in most games and he's not going to help too much on offense)

Here's the rest of it:

Sam: "Houston is looking to unload Asik and Lin to make a run at Anthony. I dont think you can move Lin and the $15 million backloaded hes due next season. But you may be able to move Asik, whom Ive already heard several teams, like Atlanta to move Al Horford to four, are pursuing. The Hawks could look pretty good with that front court. Houston likes stars, though Williams hardly qualifies anymore. I see the Nets have trotted out the bad ankle excuse for him again, and hed have broken some 20-yard dash figures the way he ran away from shots in that clinching game against the Heat. With Williams 30 this summer, in steep decline, a bad locker room presence and owed $63 million for the next three years, I dont see how that would help the Rockets as much as it would the Nets."

Go for it! The only reason I say that is because asik has just one more year left on his contract so why not do it and see what happens. BUT DO NOT move Sap to get it done! Just take on asiks salary and I guess sap will come off the bench.

I'm cool with Sap off the bench as long as he gets his minutes atleast 28-33 per game and he should stay as an effective player for us. Maybe some time at SF here and there also won't be a bad idea.

This is where I am on getting the so called true centers. If we get one then sap will likely come off the bench and play some key minutes at SF. If we got a center that's more offense prone like hawes we can keep the starting lineup we have and rotate sap, horford, hawes at pf and center. (Asik need minutes on the court to be effective in most games and he's not going to help too much on offense)

Who are we trading?

• Premium Member

Here's the rest of it:

Horf would love to have Asik. Unfortunately for him, I don't see this happening. This could be Houston trying to leverage a better deal with another team.

Who are we trading?

I'm hoping we can give up Lou and just take Asiks Salary on if Ferry wants him that bad. Trading Sap would be a mistake but I know ferry knows that or he would have been pulled the trigger. If we had a sure 20 point scorer maybe we wouldn't need sap but nows not the time to be depending on just Teague and horford for points, that will also make korvers job tougher.

Anyways I hope we give them Lou and just go into the lux tax a little but for asik. Besides it's only going to be one year so why not try it?...right?

• Like 1

I'm hoping we can give up Lou and just take Asiks Salary on if Ferry wants him that bad. Trading Sap would be a mistake but I know ferry knows that or he would have been pulled the trigger. If we had a sure 20 point scorer maybe we wouldn't need sap but nows not the time to be depending on just Teague and horford for points, that will also make korvers job tougher.

Anyways I hope we give them Lou and just go into the lux tax a little but for asik. Besides it's only going to be one year so why not try it?...right?

I would give up Lou+filler in a heartbeat, not much else. Houston would probably want more, however they have no leverage. They can keep Asik and pay him his $15 mil knowing that him and D12 don't mesh or take what they can get to have some other team pay it. Only 8 mil will actually count against the cap so I'm not sure it would push us into the LT. If that happens I would just roll with Sap at SF and have either KK or DMC play SG.

Remember when Morey was genious with the contract structure preventing the Bulls and Knicks from resigning Asik and Lin respectively - those contracts are coming back to haunt him as they are not easily tradeable. Teams are having a hard time handing out $15 mil to those two. They want something in return for paying that $15 million.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We just need a big backup center - a physical one - and a good sg/sf who can score/create and atleast play good team defense.

I enjoy small ball as well. I think Millsap/Horford are interchangeable at pf/c. I think their passing will be amazing next year if all can stay healthy.

I would trade Lou and Pero for Asik. No money or picks involved.

If Morey wants more, he can try and get more from some other team. We're not Houston's doormat.

I guess I'm crazy. I want to keep Pero