• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which SF We Need

jmac54

I think what happened in Toronto - he was still "The Man" - in Atlanta, he will be a piece. Similar to the Monta Ellis effect in Dallas.[/quote

Bingo! But I don't want us hawk fans to get too tied up in the Rudy Gay coming here because I honestly do believe he likes his situation in Sacramento believe that or not.

I think he could be great on this team. I know none of his teams have won anything, but his time in Sacramento showed me he might be able to get it together and become an All-Star player. If not him then I would be fine with a 2-year deal with a team option for Danny Granger.

I agree he COULD be great but he has to buy I to coach buds system. That seems to be easier for someone like Ariza. I don't know about Gay, also I think he's worth 7-9m but only if he can buy into buds system would be the only risk here.

Now as far as Rudy Gays attitude goes...He should be looking forward to trying to be a contender rather than worrying about his stats at this stage of his career. An like someone has already mentioned, ATL would be a Gays chance to come in, in his prime and play along sap, horford in their prime , and a rising star in Jeff Teague. His days of being "the man" are over...he need to be worried about championships! He already got his big pay day...it's time to grow up now.

Unfortunately for hawk fans we don't rally know where his attitude is but maybe ferry/bud can figure that out if they decide to possibly go after him because he does have the skill set we want at the wing.

What do you guys think about Ariza or Gay playing SG and keeping DMC at SF?

Only reason I ask is because DMC provides good defense and hustle on the boards for us and I think he's a worthy starter for another season. AND because I don't see an issue with starting Ariza or Gay at SG if we were ever to get one of them.

• Moderators

You pay max money for stars and try to get the lower tier guys on good deals. You can ruin your team quickly giving out deals like 9M for Ariza.

Ferry did a very good job with that with Sap and DMC this past offseason.

• Like 4

I don't see any reason to go for mid-level or over-the-hill free agents. Just bring in guys like DMC - guys who will do anything to make it - and let Coach Bud coach-em-up.

Coach Bud: "Come to the Hawks training camp and bring your "A" game. We can get you there with the modified mid-major (Princeton) offense"

Coach Bud: "Also...if you want your car painted cheap...call my brother-in-law...top quality work!...dent filling extra."

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

You pay max money for stars and try to get the lower tier guys on good deals. You can ruin your team quickly giving out deals like 9M for Ariza.

Ferry did a very good job with that with Sap and DMC this past offseason.

I agree - there was a time when teams were handing out the mid-level exceptions like candy, 4-5 year deals and such.

Ferry needs to be judicious in handing out money (I think he will be).

• Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7StOxzYHUlc

I realize this is a highlight tape, but seeing the plays that Rudy makes has made me realize he is exactly what we need at SF. He is what Danny wanted out of Lou, but he is 6'8" 230 lbs and isn't coming off of injury. Slasher that can shoot and score in bunches. Also gives us a go-to guy and another piece to the puzzle.

• Like 3

What about Shaun Livingston - can he play SG?

In Bud's small guard line up?

What about combo guard Ramon Sessions? He gets to the line more than Teague, has a decent jumper and can lead the second team.

Edited by GameTime

I realize this is a highlight tape, but seeing the plays that Rudy makes has made me realize he is exactly what we need at SF. He is what Danny wanted out of Lou, but he is 6'8" 230 lbs and isn't coming off of injury. Slasher that can shoot and score in bunches. Also gives us a go-to guy and another piece to the puzzle.

We really need another ball handler, more athleticism and a break runner and finisher. Watching DMC run the break is shok.gif .

For 8-10 I would get him. Would he get rid of his 20 million player option though?

What about combo guard Ramon Sessions? He gets to the line more than Teague, has a decent jumper and can lead the second team.

I'd take him over Lou in a second.

For 8-10 I would get him. Would he get rid of his 20 million player option though?

Geeez - 20 million? He might pick the option up for next season and become a free agent next season.He can make double the 10 in one season.

• Moderators

Can I endorse this post more emphatically? The guy has to pass on more than 19M next season to sign here. No one thinks that is happening right?

• Like 1

Can I endorse this post more emphatically? The guy has to pass on more than 19M next season to sign here. No one thinks that is happening right?

I don't think he passes up the 19 million unless he is getting something like Josh got: 4year/13mil and maybe more.