• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which SF We Need

jmac54

Deng - No, injured banged up requesting too much money, declined a 3yr/$30 mil deal with Chicago

Hayward - No, is really a SG if anything, doubt he leaves Utah anyways

Nick Young - No, thinks hes Kobe a lot of the time, Well, hes not.

Carmelo - Although he would be unreal in our new offense, hes not smart enough to leave the dysfunctional Knicks, but he would be the perfect fit.

Rudy Gay is the answer folks. Milsap and Horford are both in the primes of there careers, Teague is playing better each season, Korver is here for another 3 years, Demarre would be the absolutely perfect sixth man to bring off the bench along with Scott and Antić right after Demarre.

Rudy hits buzzer beaters and can win you games. Which is what we needed to beat Indiana. We need "a closer". Drafting an SF right now is not going to help. We need a developed player right now. With all of our roster in the primes of there careers with the exception of Schröder and Scott and possibly Mack (if he stays). I know people think that hes innefcient and all this other nonsense because of what he "WAS" in Toronto. But thats because he was basically the only guy teams really were scared of going off against them. Plus lets be honest. Toronto's offense is nowehere near as good as the Hawks is now. Rudy could easily be a 3rd or 4th option on this Hawks team. Not a 1st option like he was in Toronto and Memphis and not a 2nd option like he was in Sac Town. We would be a nightmare for NBA teams if hes like a 3rd or 4th option. With Korver's shooting ability, Teagues ability to get in the lane and his quickness. Horford and Milsaps midrange games. No defense could potentially figure us out. We simply need to win RIGHT NOW, not wait for a pick to develop and then Horford be 33 years old and worn down and all this other nonsense. We can sign Rudy and still draft an SF (Rodney Hood) and bring him along the way for the ride. Lemme ask you this:

PG - Teague

SG - Korver

SF - Gay

PF - Milsap

C- Horford

Carroll

Scott

Antić

Schröder

Mack

Possibly Lou Williams

isnt better than..................

PG - Mario Chalmers

SG - A very aging and banged up Dwyane Wade

SF - Lebron

PF - Bosh

C - Birdman????

Haslem

An old Ray Allen

A Washed Up Rashard Lewis

And the Rest of those bums

OR

PG - George Hill (who teague is about 15 times better than)

SG - Stephenson

SF - George

PF - An Old David West

C - Lol (Hibbert)

34 Year old Luis Scola

Waste Bucket Ian Mahinmi

Evan Turner (who will prob leave anyways after this season)

An whoever else these goofs have

Cmon The Writing Is On The Wall. We Can Smoke Both Of These Teams If We Bring In A Guy Like Rudy. Melo is wishful thinking and would be the very best option.

I Dont care if we have to overpay to get Rudy Gay, bottom line is he is probably the only somewhat big name SF willing to come to Atlanta and with him we can knock off those teams for sure with our new offence and a healthy Horford. Also our team would be the Youngest of the three teams with the exception of maybe Indiana. But we almost beat them without a healthy Horford.

Again I rather we get Ariza than any other SF including melo! I'm not huge on an injured Danny Granger and I would take Rudy Gay but I honestly think the guy wants to go back the kings with cousins believe that or not.

Ariza....like I said I didn't think we could get him because I honestly thought the wizards would beat the pacers but now that they are down 3-1 and more importantly that their offense is very very bad I can honestly see him as a free agent the hawks can really get. I didn't believe that just 1-2 weeks ago though.

• Moderators

I'd like to add Gay or Granger in the offseason. I'd take Gay over Granger due to Granger's knees, but I think Gay will still demand at least $10-12 mil which he's worth. Problem with Gay is we would either A) Keep Horf at 5 or B) Trade Sap for Asik. Granger fits the 2 guard spot and would move KK to the 6th man spot. Granger/Teague backcourt is pretty stout and would work well. One would feed the other. Horf/Sap/DMC/Granger/Teague is not a bad day-one starting unit. Just wonder how long Granger's knees would hold up.

I wasn't in love with the Ariza idea initially but he could be a good pickup for us. Like you said, Washington's losing may lead them to re-focus on doing something with Porter rather than bringing Ariza back.

I highly doubt Swaggy P would leave the west coast (as if we'd want him and his 360 layups). Also, @jmac54, speaking of the next Kobe, Marschwagggg Brooks is also a FA I think. Can he bounce around to every team in the league before he finally does something worthwhile?

I'd like to add Gay or Granger in the offseason. I'd take Gay over Granger due to Granger's knees, but I think Gay will still demand at least $10-12 mil which he's worth. Problem with Gay is we would either A) Keep Horf at 5 or B) Trade Sap for Asik. Granger fits the 2 guard spot and would move KK to the 6th man spot. Granger/Teague backcourt is pretty stout and would work well. One would feed the other. Horf/Sap/DMC/Granger/Teague is not a bad day-one starting unit. Just wonder how long Granger's knees would hold up.

Marshon Who? Ohh Brooks...lol...that trade to Boston messed him all up. Hes toast. Granger is 31 years old with two bad knees. Would be a terrible investment for Danny Ferry. Rudy Gay - no major injuries, hits big shots and if put in an offense where he wouldnt need to carry the load offensively night in and night out. Which would be atlanta, would be a perfect fit for us. And Rudy is only 27. Him , Horford and Millsap are all between 27-29 Years old. There in their primes now. Perfect time to be a contender.

Edited by jmac54

• Moderators

Sorry Topic Should Read "Which SF We Need"

You can edit the topic title if you're on computer. I believe you click "Topic Moderation" or something like that at the top of the thread.

...Granger is 31 years old with two bad knees. Would be a terrible investment for Danny Ferry. Rudy Gay - no major injuries, hits big shots and if put in an offense where he wouldnt need to carry the load offensively night in and night out. Which would be atlanta, would be a perfect fit for us. And Rudy is only 27. Him , Horford and Millsap are all between 27-29 Years old. There in their primes now. Perfect time to be a contender.

I agree. I'd take Gay over Granger so long as Gay doesn't break the bank. 2015 free agent class is too good not to have some cap space available.

Again I rather we get Ariza than any other SF including melo! I'm not huge on an injured Danny Granger and I would take Rudy Gay but I honestly think the guy wants to go back the kings with cousins believe that or not.

Ariza....like I said I didn't think we could get him because I honestly thought the wizards would beat the pacers but now that they are down 3-1 and more importantly that their offense is very very bad I can honestly see him as a free agent the hawks can really get. I didn't believe that just 1-2 weeks ago though.

Tend to think Ariza would fit Budz system better than Gay. We do't need a star but someone who can create a threat at SF and play D

• Admin

Gay is a good player...I like watching him play but he is an ISO player....teams have gotten better when he left... Toronto improved dramatically when he left and Memphis offense and team got better when he got injured and later traded.

Tend to think Ariza would fit Budz system better than Gay. We do't need a star but someone who can create a threat at SF and play D

If we can get Team USA Gay (played some serious defense and played within the system) and he doesn't break the bank - I may warm to the idea.

Gay is a good player...I like watching him play but he is an ISO player....teams have gotten better when he left... Toronto improved dramatically when he left and Memphis offense and team got better when he got injured and later traded.

I think what happened in Toronto - he was still "The Man" - in Atlanta, he will be a piece. Similar to the Monta Ellis effect in Dallas.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Admin

I think what happened in Toronto - he was still "The Man" - in Atlanta, he will be a piece. Similar to the Monta Ellis effect in Dallas.

If he would be willing to play within the system I would be for him coming here.

Gay- I would love him here on a decent deal, but he is gonna want 3-4 years AT LEAST and we have a MAX of 11 mill we can offer him (is it enough?)

Granger- Since everyone thinks he is done, I believe we can get him with a one year deal so he can prove himself to league (Fits Danny's 2015 plan)

Ariza- Will demand 7-9 mill which is horrible for a 3-D player (he can't create his own shot); Is he much better than Carroll?

• Moderators

If he would be willing to play within the system I would be for him coming here.

A big IF. Whether Gay makes sense depends on price point and role for me. I agree with you re Mem and Tor.

• Admin

A big IF. Whether Gay makes sense depends on price point and role for me. I agree with you re Mem and Tor.

He is a talent but stats does not equal wins. I just don't know if he can be just a player in the system and help the team win vs being the guy who puts up great numbers (there is a reason I get him all the time in fantasy leagues) but the team suffers for it. History has proven that teams are better without Rudy Gay.

• Moderators

He is a talent but stats does not equal wins. I just don't know if he can be just a player in the system and help the team win vs being the guy who puts up great numbers (there is a reason I get him all the time in fantasy leagues) but the team suffers for it. History has proven that teams are better without Rudy Gay.

That is where I lean. If he was willing to play a smaller role offensively and take less money I would sign on at some price point but I am betting he isn't interested in either of those things.

I think he could be great on this team. I know none of his teams have won anything, but his time in Sacramento showed me he might be able to get it together and become an All-Star player. If not him then I would be fine with a 2-year deal with a team option for Danny Granger.