• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Luol Deng?

ATLHawks3

No interest in deng. He went from being underrated to overrated. Hes slow, cant create his own shot, shaky 3 point shooter, hes an old 29 years because he has been in the league since he was 19 and has played VERY HEAVY mins, very broken down and has a long history of injuries which will only get worst as he ages.

I want a young athletic SF who can run with teague. If its true that ferry wants more athleticism on the wings than deng is not the way to go.

Deng is $4-5 million per year type player now. He is no longer an all star type player so he shouldn't receive Paul Millsap type money as someone has suggested.

Deng may or may not be an ideal fit for the Hawks, but he's 29 and a bonafide starter and you are saying he's worth Brand type money.

I would resit the 10+ mil per year contract. That is just too high in the new CBA for a guy that has injury issues and is on the downside of his career. The market is going to correct on these sorts of players. I would say 3 years at ~8 is what you can give a guy like Deng.

I would resit the 10+ mil per year contract. That is just too high in the new CBA for a guy that has injury issues and is on the downside of his career. The market is going to correct on these sorts of players. I would say 3 years at ~8 is what you can give a guy like Deng.

He turned down a 3yr/30mi extension from Chicago during the season before he got traded. With the projected increase in the salary cap, beware of overpaying players. (from 58 mil to 63 mil).

• Premium Member

He turned down a 3yr/30mi extension from Chicago during the season before he got traded. With the projected increase in the salary cap, beware of overpaying players. (from 58 mil to 63 mil).

Deng is a player the Lakers or other big market team will pay at least 10+ mil a year.

He may regret doing that. However, LA and the Knicks might give him 4 and 40, but that will be bad contract in two years.

Bidding wars for a mid-tier guy are not smart in today's NBA. If other teams do it let them, but it looks like Ferry is smart enough to stay out of that mess and resulting contracts.

If we could get deng on a reasonable deal and get Asik for not much (mostly taking on the cost) then we would have:

Teague/Dennis/Mack

Korver/Lou/Jenkins

Deng/DMC/Korver

Sap/Al/Scott

Al/Asik/Bebe

Sap/Al/Asik would all get 32mpg and our defense would be much better while our offense is better

We would be 3-4 seed and have a decent shot at ECF with health and some luck

• Moderators

If we could get deng on a reasonable deal and get Asik for not much (mostly taking on the cost) then we would have:

Teague/Dennis/Mack

Korver/Lou/Jenkins

Deng/DMC/Korver

Sap/Al/Scott

Al/Asik/Bebe

Sap/Al/Asik would all get 32mpg and our defense would be much better while our offense is better

We would be 3-4 seed and have a decent shot at ECF with health and some luck

I somehow doubt that Deng will sign with us for $3M/year (or whatever is left with that team payroll).