• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Luol Deng?

ATLHawks3

Gay > Deng > Granger

Gay - depends on cost

Deng -depends on cost and years (I would take him on a Sap like deal)

Granger - No as a starter, yes for a bench role.

Just what this team needs. Another role player. And an expensive one at that.

Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think he should be a top target. But he's a solid player with high BBIQ so I could see why he fits. Not a player you build a team around though. Or a game changer. I'd be interested in knowing if you think he's a closer.

There is no current free agents available that we can build around - they are just pieces to the overall puzzle.

So long as he's open to criticism, he'll fit here. I might be wrong, but he's never really been the kind of player to feud with coaches.

I used the word attitude so that was the wrong word....I should have used desire. I question gay's desire to buy into buds system not because of a bad attitude but more of a who cares type of thing.

I think a bunch of you guys are thinking about Deng and how he played as a Cav...forget that. Think Bulls Deng. That's the Deng that we most likely would get if we signed him.

I think a bunch of you guys are thinking about Deng and how he played as a Cav...forget that. Think Bulls Deng. That's the Deng that we most likely would get if we signed him.

The same Deng that had a shaky jumpshot and only tabulated stats thanks to the sheer volume of minutes he played as a Bull? The man has been overrated as a player for close to 5 years now so his time in Cleveland doesn't really distort any evaluation of him as a player. Chicago kept churning on without him and Cleveland didn't improve with him. As a MLE signing he's decent value but you're begging for trouble paying above that.

• Premium Member

I rather get him for 11-12 than pay Ariza 8-9 million. Both options are iffy though.

I was waiting on the lol or man_in_love.gif because I know that you were joking? Deng is just want his name suggests... Denged up.

At 12 mill we would be fools.

I was waiting on the lol or man_in_love.gif because I know that you were joking? Deng is just want his name suggests... Denged up.

At 12 mill we would be fools.

I think this shows how much I hate the Ariza deal more than how much i want Deng.

The same Deng that had a shaky jumpshot and only tabulated stats thanks to the sheer volume of minutes he played as a Bull? The man has been overrated as a player for close to 5 years now so his time in Cleveland doesn't really distort any evaluation of him as a player. Chicago kept churning on without him and Cleveland didn't improve with him. As a MLE signing he's decent value but you're begging for trouble paying above that.

Well, as far as shaky jumpshot goes.... Look at Millsap and Carroll. Nobody thought about those guys shooting 3's before they got here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not a fan, but if we got him for the 7-8 M type of deal I wouldn't be mad about it. I think he got a lot of credit for those overachieving Bulls teams, when in reality it was just Tom Thibodeau getting the team to play great team defense, as is evidenced by the way the team played after Deng was traded.

Deng overrated? Hmmmm. I think we've been watching different Dengs. Lol. I think he's one of the main reasons the Bulls have been a good team the last 5 years. I think they fell to the Wizards in the 1st round because there was no Deng. Being drafted in 2004, I think he has one good contract left in him. I'd say a 4 year deal at 40 million is fair.