• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Luol Deng?

ATLHawks3

Perfect fit. Have always respected Deng. Consummate pro, great locker room guy, unselfish on the floor, overall winner. With Deng and Millsap we would have two of the hardest working guys in the league. Hope this happens.

The thing I like most about him is that he is known for being a defensive stopper against the top wings in the NBA (Carmelo, James, Bryant, etc). He's no slouch offensively either as he provides a good midrange/slashing game.

Reads solely like Pincus speculating and at the suggested contract he mentioned you know he's hitting the pipe. 12 mil annually for Deng doesn't sound like a value signing in the least and Deng isn't an impact player.

Yeah there's no way I pay Deng 12 million. I'd rather put money on Carroll improving into a starting caliber SF.

• Moderators

Reads solely like Pincus speculating and at the suggested contract he mentioned you know he's hitting the pipe. 12 mil annually for Deng doesn't sound like a value signing in the least and Deng isn't an impact player.

Agreed. Very good role player. Not worth close to 12M.

Man I don't know about this! 12m is steep! But the comment below is very true. I said in the past 2-3 years deng was the best defender I've seen against James one on one and that would be the only reason I would want him. Isn't he getting old? It may be smarter to throw money at Ariza or Gay instead, just saying.

The thing I like most about him is that he is known for being a defensive stopper against the top wings in the NBA (Carmelo, James, Bryant, etc). He's no slouch offensively either as he provides a good midrange/slashing game.

I hope we're not the team that ends up with Ariza. His play in these playoffs is eerily similar to the season when he earned a nice paycheck with the Hornets.

I just don't understand; the consensus after our playoff loss was we need a wing that can create his own shot and penetrate. Then we say we want Ariza. Confusing.

• Like 3

I just don't understand; the consensus after our playoff loss was we need a wing that can create his own shot and penetrate. Then we say we want Ariza. Confusing.

Agreed.

Gay is the better penetrator however many would argue if he's the better shooter. As far as defense goes I think Ariza is better but he can't create his own shot like Gay.

Gay shot did improve when he went to the kings however.

Anyways I agree with you. If we are looking for a penetrator and hopefully we are Gay followed by Deng are the best two options. But I worry if Gay can fit into buds offense system? Not because of skill but attitude.

Edited by JTB

• Admin

Agreed.

Gay is the better penetrator however many would argue if he's the better shooter. As far as defense goes I think Ariza is better but he can't create his own shot like Gay.

Anyways I agree with you. If we are looking for a penetrator and hopefully we are Gay followed by Deng are the best two options. But I worry if Gay can fit into buds offense system? Not because of skill but attitude.

gay may be the better player but Debg is the better team player... He is a system guy. Chemistry not stats equals wins

Danny Ferry in radio interview "more athleticism on the wing."

I have never been much of a fan of Rudy's game, but I think he's a little humbled by first being traded to Toronto then to the Kings.

If he's coming here it would be because he would have bought into Buds system.

Agreed.

So long as he's open to criticism, he'll fit here. I might be wrong, but he's never really been the kind of player to feud with coaches.

• Moderators

So long as he's open to criticism, he'll fit here. I might be wrong, but he's never really been the kind of player to feud with coaches.

He didn't feud but was such an inefficient ball hog that they were thrilled to be rid of him. Not sure that is better.